imjustintime

I864A form from dad rejected

8 posts in this topic

I am petitioning my wife, my mom is the joint sponsor, my dad DID a I864A. CEAC messaged me that my dad wasn't qualified for I864A and needs to do a separate I864 form. Another message (Case FE review note) says that the I864A form is missing( i did upload it ). I'm currently lost and confused right now. Do a separate I864 or 864A? I forgot to input my moms name in Part 1 for her separate 864 (reuploading). IF my dad has to do a I864 form, Part 1 questions 1E is the answer for both of my parents forms, correct? Part 6 question 8 leave blank since no I864A and uncheck Part 6 question 21? My documents got accepted.  We all live in the same address. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 4:25 AM, imjustintime said:

I am petitioning my wife, my mom is the joint sponsor, my dad DID a I864A. CEAC messaged me that my dad wasn't qualified for I864A and needs to do a separate I864 form. Another message (Case FE review note) says that the I864A form is missing( i did upload it ). I'm currently lost and confused right now. Do a separate I864 or 864A? I forgot to input my moms name in Part 1 for her separate 864 (reuploading). IF my dad has to do a I864 form, Part 1 questions 1E is the answer for both of my parents forms, correct? Part 6 question 8 leave blank since no I864A and uncheck Part 6 question 21? My dghocuments got accepted.  We all live in the same address. 

your dad check on I-864 first joint sponsor, leaving 2nd choice sponsor unchecked, assuming that your dad's income enough to sponsor your wife + your mother.You need to send all W2 and 1099 from both your parents.

21 hours ago, andynguyen said:

your dad check on I-864 first joint sponsor, leaving 2nd choice sponsor unchecked, assuming that your dad's income enough to sponsor your wife + your mother.You need to send all W2 and 1099 from both your parents.

Yes, I did those. I submitted a I864 form for my dad now with 3 past recent tax years. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 10:40 AM, imjustintime said:

Yes, I did those. I submitted a I864 form for my dad now with 3 past recent tax years. 

Did it end up being the i864 your dad had to fill out? I'm having the same thing - they said the i864a is wrong and it's supposed to be the i864 (which makes no sense since the 864 form tells you to fill out the 864a form...)

18 minutes ago, GiggsMcGill said:

Did it end up being the i864 your dad had to fill out? I'm having the same thing - they said the i864a is wrong and it's supposed to be the i864 (which makes no sense since the 864 form tells you to fill out the 864a form...)

If your parents filed taxes together. One of your parent has to do the i864a. The i864a was the correct form since my 1st submission. If you're in the same boat as me, I'd try expediting as well. 

28 minutes ago, imjustintime said:

If your parents filed taxes together. One of your parent has to do the i864a. The i864a was the correct form since my 1st submission. If you're in the same boat as me, I'd try expediting as well. 

imjustintime,

You are in right direction here.

andynguyen,

This is how I see it working from personal experience. Let me make some assumptions first:

a) Your mom is the joint sponsor since your income may not qualify on its own if that is true then she need to file a I-864 of her own as joint sponsor.

b) Your father will need to be added as household member of your mother (under her in NVC portal) and there he will need to upload his I-864A form. Here he will  also need to add proof of his citizenship or GC, US domicile, and marriage certificate.

c) My guess they file taxes as marriage filling jointly so one set of IRS transcript will suffice added with your mothers documents.

Hope this helps.

Ai

1 hour ago, imjustintime said:

Do you know how to expedite? I have no idea how to make anything in this system remotely faster... I've been with NVC for over 6 months now...

2 hours ago, GiggsMcGill said:

Do you know how to expedite? I have no idea how to make anything in this system remotely faster... I've been with NVC for over 6 months now...

Email nvcexpedite@state.gov with your case number, name/DOB and your applicant's name/ DOB in the body. The subject line would be your case number too. Put your reasoning for an expedite. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.