The Conqueror

Filipinos live in Seattle, WA - Passport Renewal in Vancouver B.C.

5 posts in this topic

Should have I known that there’s Philippine Consulate General in Vancouver, B.C., I will never drive 18 hours to San Francisco, CA 2 years ago. I could save some time and money.

Last Friday 12-13-2019, I went to the Consulate to check the place and ask some questions.  Btw I didn’t drove there just to check the place but it just happen we went there to attend a Christmas party. I ask them why I need to make a separate appointment for 3 person, anyway I was told that they entertain “Walk-in” applicants.  I thought wow that was awesome 👏! Little I know that there’s a catch there 🧐. Here’s our experience:

Yesterday 12-17-2019, I drove to Vancouver to help my friend and her 2 daughters to renew their passports. Since I was told last Friday it’s okay to go there without an appointment. We left Everett, WA at 6am anticipating a 3 hrs drive. Luckily there was no traffic at the Canadian boarder. Once we reach the city around 8ish the traffic start to build up. We reach the destination at 9ish and went to the building parking at the basement. Since I never parked there before I just looked for the nearest building entrance. We went inside the building and found out that we were in Vancouver Convention Center. We walk around until we found the main entrance then went out to go to the next building “World Trade Centre” office complex.  The  Consulate is located at 6th floor, once your out of the elevator turn right and walk around until you find the door number 660.  We were 3rd in-line, I said this is great! NOTE: you should get your number on the left side for Passport renewal and it’s always nice to READ instructions right? When it’s our turn to go and the officer checked all the forms and requirements then ask to proceed to another window to pay. Overall that it took 30 mins for that process. The next step is to wait for your turn for the picture to be taken so the waiting had begun (from 10am to 12:30pm!?!?!) Yes we waited that long because they prioritize applicants first until they finished them! I know it just fair enough to give attention to the applicants with appointment but I should be warned about waiting until they finished! 

LESSON LEARNED: Just make an appointment! 🤗  and make sure you have all the requirements photocopied

Passport Renewal fee paid $87 Canadian (Cash only)

Prepaid Express envelope if bought to any Canada post $27ish or if you buy it there in the same building at the grocery store $33 Canadian.

FORMS available at this link: http://www.vancouverpcg.org/forms.html

Requirements online: 

for Adults: http://www.vancouverpcg.org/2018-renewal-adult-applicant.html

for Minors: http://www.vancouverpcg.org/q-a-ppt-q07-minor4ppt.html

I just thought of sharing this so you will not experience the same mistake we had.

cheers🤗

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Thanks for the write-up .. This will be helpful to those in the NW corner .

You’re welcome 😊!

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for this post.
I’m planning to renew my passport. Do you know what is the timeframe on when will you be able to receive your renewed passport? Just wondering if there’s a difference if renewing it in the USA is faster than in Canada since I’m not a Canadian resident. 
Thank you

On 12/26/2019 at 12:06 PM, Jegg said:

Thank you for this post.
I’m planning to renew my passport. Do you know what is the timeframe on when will you be able to receive your renewed passport? Just wondering if there’s a difference if renewing it in the USA is faster than in Canada since I’m not a Canadian resident. 
Thank you

I wish I have that information, all I know the Canadian Post takes longer when they send some mail to US, so probably not to expect to receive the renewed passport in a timely manner.  What I’ve learned that the passports are being printed in the Philippines, sad to say that Philippine Consulate all over US doesn’t have a passport printer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.