zhuangxiaodai

Question regarding affidavits for I- 751

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I am currently preparing my I-751 package, and I have questions concerning the affidavits.

• Do we have to submit affidavits from our friends that are US Citizen? Because I have a very good friend that I would like him to help me write the affidavit, however, he is a Canadian. So I am not sure if anyone has such experience? Will this work? 
  • Does the person who is writing the affidavits has to do so in a notary? Or it suffices if he just signed and dated the affidavits, and I submit the original letter?
  • Finally, does anyone has a good template of a good affidavit?

Thank you everyone for your response and help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

affidavits are not good evidence for ROC and should only be used if you have .... no.... other evidence to provide. Which, you should.

They ARE an option, but are not given much weight at all. I guess if I were going to use one, I'd make sure it was a US citizen. It does not have to be notarized. There may be templates but not that I'm aware of off the top of my head because again, they are not good evidence and really is not what they want to see. Which is also why no notary is needed or stipulations given on who the person can be.

Focus on banking and financial information, insurances, wills, power of attorneys, loans, leases or deeds, birth certificate if you have had a child together.... the type of co mingled finances and items that married couples have and are in both names. It should go back from around the time of your AOS/marriage to present. In addition you can provide evidence of vacations or trips you have taken together, cards (anniversary, holiday, etc) addressed to both of you, etc. But the overwhelming majority of it should be financial stuff.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline

Yes thank you for your reply!

I understand that it is certainly necessary to submit other evidences as well, I just see it in the document list, so I am thinking to prepare them as well!

So you did not submit an affidavit? And it works well in your case?

Thank

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We submitted affidavits and I don't think it made any difference at all. In retrospect, you can get anybody (especially if they are a friend or relative) to say great and stupendous things about you and have it notarized. In other words, affidavits are so-so second-tier evidence. In retrospect, I would spend my time collecting my viable forms of ROC-related evidence.

However, I do feel that very good marital bonafides evidence that we submitted with our RFE were wills, Durable Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills. They are great evidence now, and could be very helpful later on your lives. We utilized Legalzoom.com, I thought the service to be thorough, fast, efficient. They were sure to provide assistance and necessary documentation/instructions necessary to execute/activate the documents in our State. (No, I don't receive any compensation for this discussion.)

BTW, when you get a moment, :time:It helps everyone that uses or is helped by the forums. The information help make the VJ stats relevant.

Good luck on your immigration journey, and Happy Holidays!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pitaya said:

We submitted affidavits and I don't think it made any difference at all. In retrospect, you can get anybody (especially if they are a friend or relative) to say great and stupendous things about you and have it notarized. In other words, affidavits are so-so second-tier evidence. In retrospect, I would spend my time collecting my viable forms of ROC-related evidence.

However, I do feel that very good marital bonafides evidence that we submitted with our RFE were wills, Durable Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills. They are great evidence now, and could be very helpful later on your lives. We utilized Legalzoom.com, I thought the service to be thorough, fast, efficient. They were sure to provide assistance and necessary documentation/instructions necessary to execute/activate the documents in our State. (No, I don't receive any compensation for this discussion.)

BTW, when you get a moment, :time:It helps everyone that uses or is helped by the forums. The information help make the VJ stats relevant.

Good luck on your immigration journey, and Happy Holidays!!

Sure. I will make sure to fill the timeline as soon as possible. 

When you say that you used Legalzoom.com, you are talking specifically about arranging the will and making sure it is legal? Or you used them for other services?

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, zhuangxiaodai said:

Sure. I will make sure to fill the timeline as soon as possible. 

When you say that you used Legalzoom.com, you are talking specifically about arranging the will and making sure it is legal? Or you used them for other services?

Thanks!

Specifically for the legal services that I mentioned.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.