HarryWatson94

Documents accepted but need more proof of domicile

13 posts in this topic

Petitioner might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile.

This is what is written in email from case FE review note from NVC. All documents have been accepted, though, what do i do? Am I to wait to be DQ'ed or am I to submit more documents because they have three years of tax transcripts?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Tax transcripts do not show domicile.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Well neither of us live in the US we live in Australia, everything we submitted was done by a agent as well so he must of put something in there, I know bank acc and drivers licence's are in there. Tax transcripts do show you are at least filing tax every year though?

Timeline

I am not sure how you can help yourself, or anybody else help you, without knowing what has been done.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I still retain my 1st question, I have been accepted but like the email says the sponsor may have to submit records of domicile. Am I just waiting for DQ because online it says all my docs are good?

Transcripts show you filed taxes.

USCs and LPRs are required to file even if living abroad, so they don't do anything useful for domicile.

It sounds like NVC is passing through the documents but letting you know that intent to establish domicile has not been satisfied with the evidence presented. The CO makes the final decision.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You need to submit more evidence of the petitioner's US domicile or intent to establish US domicile.

Check this link for more advice on documents you could submit:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-overseas-us-citizen-proves-us-domicile-form-i-864-sponsorship.html

If the petitioner can't show US domicile, he/she may have to move to the US before the beneficiary, in order to get the immigrant visa approved.  The petitioner will also need to show evidence of sufficient US-based income to be the sole sponsor, if not you will need a qualified joint sponsor.

Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Thanks for sharing, well since we have a 2 month old my wife will not be moving back without me that's for sure. We have basically given all the information we can in regarding her domicile in the then, she cant enroll for work because of the baby and we don't plan to rent when we get there as I will be working and living on a ranch when I arrive. We will just have to wait to it actually gets fully reviewed and see what they ask. Our immigration agent has certainly put enough information in for what we can provide at the moment, we will just have to play our luck I guess until further action. We just do not have anything else we can submit right now in regards to domicile. 

Thank you for your reply    

Timeline

There is somebody going through Canada with a vaguely comparable situation, if it works fine if not they stay where they are.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:50 AM, HarryWatson94 said:

Well neither of us live in the US we live in Australia, everything we submitted was done by a agent as well so he must of put something in there, I know bank acc and drivers licence's are in there. Tax transcripts do show you are at least filing tax every year though?

We submitted a valid driver's license. 

Submit a lease. Get family or friends or whatever, in the US to draw up a lease. This way you can show that you will have a place to live.

(we submitted a lease, licence, voter registration, bank account, basic quotes from companies for cost of moving from current country to the US). (we are still waiting for DQ)

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Zombie thread closed to further comments***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.