jules98

Egg donation ... (?)

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello.

This might seem like a rather strange question, but I dont really have anywhere else to ask about this.

Does anyone here have any idea whether I could donate my eggs while the Adjustment of Status is being processed? I am thinking more specifically before I receive my EAD and AP card.

I know volunteering is okay as long as you´re not getting paid, but since egg donation gives you a compensation I am not so sure this would be allowed?

Thank you in advance for any replies :) (and I am sorry if this is the wrong subforum) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You would need to find a fertility clinic and fill out the forms to see if you qualify.  There is an age restriction and cannot donate if your traveled to certain countries.

i'm sure there are others ways (not sure how legal and those we will not discuss here) but I only know of the clinic ways. 

This would be considered paid employment btw.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

You would need to find a fertility clinic and fill out the forms to see if you qualify.  There is an age restriction and cannot donate if your traveled to certain countries.

i'm sure there are others ways (not sure how legal and those we will not discuss here) but I only know of the clinic ways. 

This would be considered paid employment btw.

Okay. I am aware of the actual qualifications etc of the process, I just did not know if it qualified as employment (aka could mess up the AOS process and cause more damage than it did good). No worries, thanks for the reply. I did not know if it was considered getting "paid" since every fertility clinic is so strict with calling it a compensation. Looks like I will hold off on that until I have my EAD :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, debbiedoo said:

naw, she has an egg. she just needs someone to tote it 😂😂😂

"An egg".  With her age, the chances of this egg being fit and getting fertilized are like winning the Mega millions. 

To be on the safe side, she needs extras. This increases her chances, don't we agree? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, jules98 said:

Okay. I am aware of the actual qualifications etc of the process, I just did not know if it qualified as employment (aka could mess up the AOS process and cause more damage than it did good). No worries, thanks for the reply. I did not know if it was considered getting "paid" since every fertility clinic is so strict with calling it a compensation. Looks like I will hold off on that until I have my EAD :) 

With immigration anything that you get paid for one way or another is considered employment. I know ppl who do this as their living the clinics like to watch their wording because they can get into trouble with buying babies and all. But the fact is it's still a paid service.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Timona said:

"An egg".  With her age, the chances of this egg being fit and getting fertilized are like winning the Mega millions. 

To be on the safe side, she needs extras. This increases her chances, don't we agree? 

i know that. you know that. heck, even angela probably knows that. but man shes holding on to that egg for dear life. hubby to be is in for a world of disappointment. but so as not to sidetrack with reality tv BS (lol) there is a thread in off topic about 90df ;)

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ontarkie said:

With immigration anything that you get paid for one way or another is considered employment. I know ppl who do this as their living the clinics like to watch their wording because they can get into trouble with buying babies and all. But the fact is it's still a paid service.

I kinda figured but I thought I would check and see. Thanks for the info! Better to be safe than sorry. 

Timeline

On another note, I've always wanted to have a kid. If I were single, I'd have taken the OP to her words and asked for a donation. Man, I'll be the happiest guy around spoon feeding my Scandinavian kid (Since OP is from Norway), even as a single parent. I'll be a proud dad 🤗🏆🏅listening to those tantrums. Anyway, right now, I'm fine and respect my partner's wish in not having one. Maybe in the near future, she may change her mind. Oooo well, as of the moment, I'll be content with listening to my neighbor's 2 year old boy throwing tantrums over his "daddy, I want my rice." 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

i know that. you know that. heck, even angela probably knows that. but man shes holding on to that egg for dear life. hubby to be is in for a world of disappointment. but so as not to sidetrack with reality tv BS (lol) there is a thread in off topic about 90df ;)

Yes. Let's not get off topic and help the OP. I'll be watching this thread to learn from the wise about this process. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Timona said:

Yes. Let's not get off topic and help the OP. I'll be watching this thread to learn from the wise about this process. 

No worries! Im usually off topic myself haha. I have been googling for a good two months and considered doing this, and today I finally made up my mind that I would contact a clinic to get more info. Suddenly I thought about whether it could affect my immigration status, and thats why I decided to ask here. Even tried googling "egg donation+visajourney" but weirdly enough no one has asked this before (wonder why lol). 

3 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

Well, yeah.   It is invasive.  No 25 year old would do it out of the kindness of her heart.

Receiving payments would be similar to being a contractual employee, so my guess is no.

I suggest you join this group to get a better portrait and exchange with other donors:

https://www.weareeggdonors.com/about

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

Receiving payments would be similar to being a contractual employee, so my guess is no.

I suggest you join this group to get a better portrait and exchange with other donors:

https://www.weareeggdonors.com/about

Ironically enough I’ve been in contact with them! They couldn’t let me join the actual group because I’m not currently an egg donor so they just directed me to their website 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.