AFCF

DS-160 (and other) questions

8 posts in this topic

Hello! It’s me again 😂

I just want to ask about some parts of the DS-160. To be sure! It always helps me calm down when I get answers from people here. 

1. My fiancé’s address is “220 1/2 Something St.”. However it doesn’t let me use “/“, will it be fine to put “220.5” instead?

2. I was in the US for a year for my J1 internship, 2 days before it started, and left on my 28th day of grace period after the program. However, when it asks for my length of stay, I can only choose between year, month, weeks, etc. It’s a total of 13 months (with the grace period) but I didn’t think about this the time I filled out a DS160 (I clumsily put “1 year” only) when I applied for a B2 visa. Will this be a problem? I just realized now.

3. On the part where I have to explain why I was refused a visa (B2), can I just put what’s written on the blue sheet (“under INA 214(b)”)?

4. Not about DS-160, but what I put on the I-129F. I gave them my travel history found on the CBP website, and I followed it on my sheet of explanation of my initial and amended DS-2019 and grace period but just realized that the departure date was inaccurate. It showed that I left the US on 1/15/19, a day later than I actually did (1/14/19). I still have the boarding pass but it’s not in good condition anymore. I sent them an e-mail and their automated response mentioned that they won’t change anything on the travel history as they only do that for corrections on I-94. Also, I found this FAQ on their website...

CAC1210E-9721-412E-8FA3-B2F44498F7F1.thumb.png.dfdc329e6ba75d5392862d13fb5b202b.png

Should I mention this during the interview?

I know, I’m probably doing what I do best — overthinking lol — but I just want to be sure because I don’t want them to think that I lied or something.

I’m sorry for this lengthy post and thank you for taking the time to read it!  

Again, as always, thank you and God bless! 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.  Address .. hmm.  No easy answer there  220.5 isn't good as that isn't his address either.   Personally I would not be too concerned about it and put "220 Something St." , you can mention it to the CO if you want.   Also you will be updating the address after in the USA and completing AOS anyway.  ;)  

2.  With this DS-160 you can be more accurate and if the CO asks simply be honest and explain the oops.

3. Yup 214 (b)  is just fine

4.   I would not fret about being off by one day on your travel history.  No reason to mention.  If asked then answer honestly.

And yup .. you are thinking too much.  :lol:  

At the interview answer the questions asked, then be quiet.   Smile and look the CO in the eyes when speaking.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

11 hours ago, Hank_ said:

1.  Address .. hmm.  No easy answer there  220.5 isn't good as that isn't his address either.   Personally I would not be too concerned about it and put "220 Something St." , you can mention it to the CO if you want.   Also you will be updating the address after in the USA and completing AOS anyway.  ;)  

2.  With this DS-160 you can be more accurate and if the CO asks simply be honest and explain the oops.

3. Yup 214 (b)  is just fine

4.   I would not fret about being off by one day on your travel history.  No reason to mention.  If asked then answer honestly.

And yup .. you are thinking too much.  :lol:  

At the interview answer the questions asked, then be quiet.   Smile and look the CO in the eyes when speaking.

Turns out he receives mail when it's put as 220.5 too. Lol. It's weird! But I'll definitely say it as 220 1/2.

Also, I didn't overstay so I'm not really bothered. It's just that I read people say on Facebook groups that "they base the questions on I-129F and if your answers during the interview are inconsistent with what you put on the I-129F, then you might get denied". I know, not wise to fall for that but ugh 😂 Main reason why I get worried lol. 

Thank you so much, as always!

6 hours ago, boris64 said:

Yep, way too much. My wife's address was National Highway...Period))))

Thank you! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, chxakx said:

Turns out he receives mail when it's put as 220.5 too. Lol. It's weird! But I'll definitely say it as 220 1/2.

Also, I didn't overstay so I'm not really bothered. It's just that I read people say on Facebook groups that "they base the questions on I-129F and if your answers during the interview are inconsistent with what you put on the I-129F, then you might get denied". I know, not wise to fall for that but ugh 😂 Main reason why I get worried lol. 

Thank you so much, as always!

Thank you! 

Ugggg!    FB groups .. say it isn't so .. !       Avoid those like the plague.

And yes they do base questions off the I-129F.   Make sure your fiance emails a copy of the I-129F to you, HIS bio information is very good to know for the interview and CFO.

Embassy is looking for a genuine relationship.    

If he receives mail as 220.5 then that should be just fine to use.   I was wondering how he received mail.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Ugggg!    FB groups .. say it isn't so .. !       Avoid those like the plague.

And yes they do base questions off the I-129F.   Make sure your fiance emails a copy of the I-129F to you, HIS bio information is very good to know for the interview and CFO.

Embassy is looking for a genuine relationship.    

If he receives mail as 220.5 then that should be just fine to use.   I was wondering how he received mail.

I unfollowed the groups tbh. Haha! I was the one who prepared everything so I know it by heart and made myself copies of it 😂.

I was just worried because I mistakenly omitted one address (it wasn’t permanent, just when I lived there on my J1, because they moved us to the apartment as it was literally behind the dormitory) but my manager said my address was still considered as the first one (dormitory) so idk. I think I should just put both to be safe?  

Also, (sorry, more question 😂), when I filed for my taxes, I used a website recommended by my sponsor agency (huge mistake — they didn’t help me at all). It showed that I owed money for federal and state taxes, I paid both. The state one, my fiancé helped me with it because it’s easier to send a check. They cashed it so I assume everything’s fine. The federal one, I paid online. However, I got a mail from the IRS and I’m not sure what to do with it. Will that cause problems embassy phase? Or in the future? I have documentations of my payment.

Thank you so much, Sir! Always helpful and appreciated! 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, chxakx said:

I unfollowed the groups tbh. Haha! I was the one who prepared everything so I know it by heart and made myself copies of it 😂.

I was just worried because I mistakenly omitted one address (it wasn’t permanent, just when I lived there on my J1, because they moved us to the apartment as it was literally behind the dormitory) but my manager said my address was still considered as the first one (dormitory) so idk. I think I should just put both to be safe?  

Also, (sorry, more question 😂), when I filed for my taxes, I used a website recommended by my sponsor agency (huge mistake — they didn’t help me at all). It showed that I owed money for federal and state taxes, I paid both. The state one, my fiancé helped me with it because it’s easier to send a check. They cashed it so I assume everything’s fine. The federal one, I paid online. However, I got a mail from the IRS and I’m not sure what to do with it. Will that cause problems embassy phase? Or in the future? I have documentations of my payment.

Thank you so much, Sir! Always helpful and appreciated! 

You are DO-DOing when DO will DO.      Relax.

Your address of record didn't change at the college then don't worry on that.

Taxes .. are never fun.  ;)     As the diddy goes -   I owe, I  owe so off to work I go ...     :lol:      And no, this shouldn't be an issue with the embassy.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are DO-DOing when DO will DO.      Relax.

Your address of record didn't change at the college then don't worry on that.

Taxes .. are never fun.  ;)     As the diddy goes -   I owe, I  owe so off to work I go ...     :lol:      And no, this shouldn't be an issue with the embassy.

Thank you so much! I have my peace of mind now 🤣

Again, thank you and God bless! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.