Curt R

no I-130 do a DS-2029 , baby's right to be American , save time and money ?

25 posts in this topic

ok here we  go 

instead of  filing a I-130 paying $500 + 12 months wait .

Can i  file a DS-2029 for her citizenship , pay $100 and be  done in only4 months ?

what do you know about this ?

https://blogs.lawyers.com/attorney/immigration/can-a-child-born-in-the-philippines-to-an-american-father-apply-for-u-s-citizenship-2-23883/

this site says its the way to go . 

Edited by Curt R
was not done typing , sorry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well if the child is a USC you can not file an I 130, well not and have it approved.

You would go the CRBA route.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
24 minutes ago, Curt R said:

ok here we  go 

instead of  filing a I-130 paying $500 + 12 months wait .

Can i  file a DS-2029 for her citizenship , pay $100 and be  done in only4 months ?

what do you know about this ?

https://blogs.lawyers.com/attorney/immigration/can-a-child-born-in-the-philippines-to-an-american-father-apply-for-u-s-citizenship-2-23883/

this site says its the way to go . 

It's the way to go if you meet the requirements for transmitting your US citizenship to your child.  Do you have five years of physical presence  in the United States (time when you were actually in the US) that were before the birth of your child? And, were at least two of those years after you were over the age of 14? If so, you transmitted your US citizenship to your child and he or she was a US citizen from birth.  You can apply directly for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and a U.S. passport. Assuming you have some documentation of the time you were in the United States, it should be a fairly quick process.

A US citizen cannot be issued a US visa. They need a US passport.

CRBA is the path to go (assuming you met the conditions to pass citizenship at the time of birth).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Lean Stanley

were you American of Philippine citizen  at the time ?

I'm about to apply for my wife and step son with I-30 

But my daughter is not born tell jan 2020 , and i belive i should file  the DS-2029  

jan22

yes i was born and raised in the USA  . 

so i  believe i have my  time in . 

will there be a medical exams , or other things the I-130 has to  have 

this sounds to easy 

Im told i can apply for the new born passport at the same time .

1 hour ago, Curt R said:

jan22

this sounds to easy 

As long as you have the proof that she was (will be) born a citizen, then yes it is easy (why would she need a medical, citizens can’t be inadmissible on medical or indeed any grounds).

SusieQQQ

thank you  for your time 

im learning here 

we are ready to apply for are I130  for my  wife and step child , and  medical and shots are required as well a police clearance. 

My child is not born yet , but will be   born in the Philippines    , just  found out today about the ds-2029 

so im seeking out to understand how it all works .

if you care to share with a  nubie regarding this it would be a blessing .

we were going to  wait to  file are I130 untell the baby was born and had a phill pasport , but learn today  thats not the way to go .

we will file the I130  that will take 10-14 months ,for my wife and step son  before the bay is  born , then file a DS-2029 after we recice the  birth cert  there in the phill 

thank you 

12 minutes ago, Curt R said:

SusieQQQ

thank you  for your time 

im learning here 

we are ready to apply for are I130  for my  wife and step child , and  medical and shots are required as well a police clearance. 

My child is not born yet , but will be   born in the Philippines    , just  found out today about the ds-2029 

so im seeking out to understand how it all works .

if you care to share with a  nubie regarding this it would be a blessing .

we were going to  wait to  file are I130 untell the baby was born and had a phill pasport , but learn today  thats not the way to go .

we will file the I130  that will take 10-14 months ,for my wife and step son  before the bay is  born , then file a DS-2029 after we recice the  birth cert  there in the phill 

thank you 

It’s already been explained to you how it works by jan22, and instructions are with the form, what still don’t you understand?

48 minutes ago, HRQX said:

The I-130 would be denied based on 22 CFR § 40.2(a): "A national of the United States shall not be issued a visa or other documentation as an alien for entry into the United States."

So the I-130 is what i file for  my  wife and step son .

and the DS-2029 for my daughter after she is  born . also file for passport at the same time ?

if i understand you  correctly 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Curt R said:

jan22

this sounds to easy 

Our daughter was born in saudi.  It is easy.

You need to fill out an application for CRBA and passport, bring yourself/ kiddo/mom to the embassy, and apply.  One of the documents we needed was the translated foreign birth certificate and I needed proof of 5 years in the US.  Used college transcripts, old passports, and tax info.

When you apply, you choose a name.  No name selected matters up to that point LOL.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/while-abroad/birth-abroad.html

The two applications are submitted together.  You aren’t dealing with the immigration side, you’re dealing with ACS (American Citizen Services) whose only job in the world is to make these things easy for you to do.

If you want, and they will ask you, you can apply for the SS card at the same time.  It’s good to have to enroll your baby in health insurance etc.

Your ?daughter? is not an immigrant.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Go to your consulate’s website and search for Certificate of Birth Abroad. You’ll need all documents listed above as well as proof of pregnancy - such as ultrasound scans (pictures and reports) or photos showing the pregnant baby bump. 

14 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Go to your consulate’s website and search for Certificate of Birth Abroad. You’ll need all documents listed above as well as proof of pregnancy - such as ultrasound scans (pictures and reports) or photos showing the pregnant baby bump. 

I've never heard of having to provide proof of pregnancy. The birth is what matters.

They may or may not request evidence of being in a relationship and physically together around the time where the child was conceived, or a DNA sample. Typically the former is all they want to see, if anything.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.