The Conqueror

Seattle N400 INTERVIEW, BACKLOGGED AND TRANSFERS

7 posts in this topic

Hi to All VJ'ers,

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

Finally  my Immigration Visa Journey comes to an end!!! 15 months of waiting and I am American now!🥰 After It was the easieast 10 minutes interview but spend 35 minutes chitchatting hahaha.  I had a chance to ask questions to clarify issued about backlogged and transfers of interview venue.  I don't remember my IO name, at first she has the poker face - very serious and started the normal routine for interview.

Date of Interview: December 12, 2019

Time of Interview: 9:45am

Field office: Seattle office

Checked in: 9:20am

Time called: 10:00am

OATH TAKING: 1:30PM (same day)

78 applicants attended

28 different Nationalities

IO asked the following:

• Birthdate
  • Phone Number
  • Current Address

Then went directly on Reading Test, Writing Test and Civic Test.  It went so fast that I don't recall the Civic questions hahahaha, then proceeded with Yes and No questions.  I just don't remember details but I informed the IO that there were discrepancies from the TRAVELS history that I submitted online and also I have some travel updates.  And she asked "You been to Canada a lot?" and I answered yes because we are boating every summer.  That started breaking the ice and we started chatting.  I then took the liberty to ask questions about "A lot of people are wondering why Seattle Field office is so way far behind."  She replied with this:

1) Just for example if there are 20 Intervew Officers and there are 20,000 applicants and they can do so much a day.  It is self explanatory.

2) Another example if there's a bus and the capacity is only 50 then the people waiting to get a rid are 200.  Again its self explanatory.

I did not  ask further questions about the delay since she told me this examples and they are no brainer to understand.  So there's no reason to stress ourselves when "The Estimated Processing Time" takes months or years.  Again it won't change the fact that they don't have enough Manpower and if we RANT about it! IT WILL NOT CHANGE A THING HOW THE PROCESS VISA APPLICATIONS! 

Then I asked about "Why other applicants are being transferred from Seattle field office to Portland or possible to Yakima?".  She responded that "It doesn't matter where your address is, some applicants are being tranferred because the other field office wants to help Seattle.  So my thought is this ---- I'm not sure if anyone of who were tranferred made a differencen or shortened the WAIT Time.  

Here you go! I am not sure if this answers some confusions about Seattle Field office but I just thought to take the courage to ask the IO for you guys. :)  It may not be satifying answer but this is it!  I compared any visa applications to a "SLOW COOKER", when you cook and use a slow cooker "You set it and forget it right?" You don't rush it because you know it's a slow cooking process.  This is probably the best way to compare the DILEMA why the visa proccessing is way slower in Seattle. :) 

CHEERS to all!!! Good luck and remember PATIENCE IS VIRTUE.

BTW please take time to UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE so we can help other VJ'ers.

Edited by The Conqueror

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, The Conqueror said:

Hi to All VJ'ers,

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

Finally  my Immigration Visa Journey comes to an end!!! 15 months of waiting and I am American now!🥰 After It was the easieast 10 minutes interview but spend 35 minutes chitchatting hahaha.  I had a chance to ask questions to clarify issued about backlogged and transfers of interview venue.  I don't remember my IO name, at first she has the poker face - very serious and started the normal routine for interview.

78 applicants attended

IO asked the following:

• Birthdate
  • Phone Number
  • Current Address

Then went directly on Reading Test, Writing Test and Civic Test.  It went so fast that I don't recall the Civic questions hahahaha, then proceeded with Yes and No questions.  I just don't remember details but I informed the IO that there were discrepancies from the TRAVELS history that I submitted online and also I have some travel updates.  And she asked "You been to Canada a lot?" and I answered yes because we are boating every summer.  That started breaking the ice and we started chatting.  I then took the liberty to ask questions about "A lot of people are wondering why Seattle Field office is so way far behind."  She replied with this:

1) Just for example if there are 20 Intervew Officers and there are 20,000 applicants and they can do so much a day.  It is self explanatory.

2) Another example if there's a bus and the capacity is only 50 then the people waiting to get a rid are 200.  Again its self explanatory.

I did not  ask further questions about the delay since she told me this examples and they are no brainer to understand.  So there's no reason to stress ourselves when "The Estimated Processing Time" takes months or years.  Again it won't change the fact that they don't have enough Manpower and if we RANT about it! IT WILL NOT CHANGE A THING HOW THE PROCESS VISA APPLICATIONS! 

Then I asked about "Why other applicants are being transferred from Seattle field office to Portland or possible to Yakima?".  She responded that "It doesn't matter where your address is, some applicants are being tranferred because the other field office wants to help Seattle.  So my thought is this ---- I'm not sure if anyone of who were tranferred made a differencen or shortened the WAIT Time.  

Here you go! I am not sure if this answers some confusions about Seattle Field office but I just thought to take the courage to ask the IO for you guys. :)  It may not be satifying answer but this is it!  I compared any visa applications to a "SLOW COOKER", when you cook and use a slow cooker "You set it and forget it right?" You don't rush it because you know it's a slow cooking process.  This is probably the best way to compare the DILEMA why the visa proccessing is way slower in Seattle. :) 

Congrats! And thanks for asking about transferred cases!

2 hours ago, The Conqueror said:

Hi to All VJ'ers,

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

78 applicants attended

IO asked the following:

• Birthdate
  • Phone Number
  • Current Address

Congrats!!!!

Wow CONGRATULATIONS! My husband's interview is next week...crossing my fingers for the same quick approval...I hope, I hope, I hope! Best to you!

Edited by Ortolan

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

4 hours ago, Ortolan said:

Wow CONGRATULATIONS! My husband's interview is next week...crossing my fingers for the same quick approval...I hope, I hope, I hope! Best to you!

Thank you and good luck to your husband’s interview!😊

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.