NoMansLand2020

List of evidence - flight itineraries

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am putting together a list of In-Person meeting evidence and was wondering if the flight itineraries need to be in any special order.

Because of where we are both located, it wasn't possible to book a direct flight to see my fiancee. I had to book three separate flights.

How can I organize it efficiently so as it makes sense to the person reviewing the petition?

Timeline

I am putting together a list of In-Person meeting evidence and was wondering if the flight itineraries need to be in any special order.

Because of where we are both located, it wasn't possible to book a direct flight to see my fiancee. I had to book three separate flights.

How can I organize it efficiently so as it makes sense to the person reviewing the petition? Does it need to be in chronological order?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I put them together in order, with a label at the bottom.  You can label it “Flight to xxxx on mm/dd/yy.   1 of 3, then do the same with 2 of 3.  My assumption of putting a label at the bottom of what the salient information was would help them understand the point and not have to search or guess.

People may say only boarding passes should be submitted but I don’t see instances of RFE’s for no boarding passes.  I never saved mine.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are talking for filing the I-129F, evidence of meeting in person ?    

For that copies of your passport stamps, board passes  (not flight itinerary ... anyone can have an itinerary without even traveling),  receipts from hotels, dining or such.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The inbound and outbound boarding pass to/from beneficiary's city plus PP stamps and visa would be GOLD level evidence.  SILVER level would be hotel and other receipts or photos.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can combine the itinerary WITH the boarding passes and passport stamps. It gives the whole story. An itinerary alone does not prove you WENT. only that you purchased a ticket.

Add in hotel reservations/ local attraction tickets/credit card receipts/etc

Then photos with the two of you during that time period

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You are talking for filing the I-129F, evidence of meeting in person ?    

For that copies of your passport stamps, board passes  (not flight itinerary ... anyone can have an itinerary without even traveling),  receipts from hotels, dining or such.

I don't have boarding passes for everything. I had no idea I needed to hang on to anything. Boarding passes don't prove you boarded a flight. They can be printed out at a kiosk or even at home and then never used.  

I have flight itineraries , hotel reservations, credit card/debit card statements, photos, passport stamp proving I left the country.  These people should be doing due diligent investigation.  It's not complicated to call an airline and ask for a passenger manifest.  

I am asking if I need to put the flight itineraries  in chronological order. I had to buy separate tickets to get there as opposed to a direct flight. 

e.g.  Bought RT ticket from DEN -> SFO...... Then bought RT from SFO to MNL....  

So do I need to organize as such.....DEN -> SFO -> MNL ->SFO -> DEN?

Timeline

You could number them and organize them I guess,  the SFO > MNL > SFO is important one.  ;)  

And don't forget copy of your passport stamps

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

I don't have boarding passes for everything. I had no idea I needed to hang on to anything. Boarding passes don't prove you boarded a flight. They can be printed out at a kiosk or even at home and then never used.  

I have flight itineraries , hotel reservations, credit card/debit card statements, photos, passport stamp proving I left the country.  These people should be doing due diligent investigation.  It's not complicated to call an airline and ask for a passenger manifest.  

Same thing can be said about flight itineraries, and hotel reservations, they can be booked and cancelled.  Credit card statement proving purchase does not prove that you went either.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pinkrlion said:

Same thing can be said about flight itineraries, and hotel reservations, they can be booked and cancelled.  Credit card statement proving purchase does not prove that you went either.  

Exactly. So what concrete proof can I provide? Even a passport stamp doesn't prove anything. There isn't any identifying information on that page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I had itineraries with boarding passes. Hotel itinerary for that period with receipt showing room for 2 (I always added my then-fiance to the hotel reservation). Photocopies of passport stamps and pictures of us together.

I'm still trying to find out why people keep saying to add receipt from dinner??? It will have your name if you paid for it, but it doesn't prove anything else.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Exactly. So what concrete proof can I provide? Even a passport stamp doesn't prove anything. There isn't any identifying information on that page.

Passport stamp proves you were in the country.   Boarding passes do this as well, when you have them ALL  ;)  

And yes none of that proves you actually met the person ... thus you are grasping the attitude of USCIS .. they ate at Wendy's

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

These people should be doing due diligent investigation.  It's not complicated to call an airline and ask for a passenger manifest.

Do you truly think that the DHS has time to waste on trivial things like these? You asked for help but come off as defensive when VJers try to help you. No one is against you and we all help as best as we can. :)

Refer to the K-1 visa guide: https://www.visajourney.com/k1-fiance-visa-overview/ for more help.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
3 hours ago, Amadia said:

Do you truly think that the DHS has time to waste on trivial things like these? You asked for help but come off as defensive when VJers try to help you. No one is against you and we all help as best as we can. :)

Refer to the K-1 visa guide: https://www.visajourney.com/k1-fiance-visa-overview/ for more help.

I do have the following: 

1. Flight itineraries (USA to Germany & Germany to Destination Country)  
  2. Baggage Ticket (USA to Germany)
  3. Baggage Claim Receipt (From Germany to Destination Country)
  4. Passport Stamps for Germany ONLY 
  5. Debit Card Statement showing three separate ATM transactions in the Destination Country. Meaning I withdrew cash at a foreign ATM.
  6. Two/ Three Pictures of my fiance and I (one with family)

Is this sufficient evidence of the in person meeting? 

Edited by Rob Beri

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

I do have the following: 

1. Flight itineraries (USA to Germany & Germany to Destination Country)  
  2. Baggage Ticket (USA to Germany)
  3. Baggage Claim Receipt (From Germany to Destination Country)
  4. Passport Stamps for Germany ONLY 
  5. Debit Card Statement showing three separate ATM transactions in the Destination Country. Meaning I withdrew cash at a foreign ATM.
  6. Two/ Three Pictures of my fiance and I (one with family)

Is this sufficient evidence of the in person meeting? 

That’s plenty.  Itineraries and passport stamps are all you need.  If you submit pictures together it rounds it out also.

I have read this site and others and have yet to see anyone saying they got an RFE because they thought the travel documentation wasn’t enough it that the trip wasn’t taken.  The case would have to look shaky for that to happen.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.