sereia

interview not so successful

104 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jen,

just wanted to say sorry here - we are here for you though. The offer still stands if you wanna hang with us in the Garbage state for a while lololol (bad joke i know).

(((hugs)))

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks for the support everyone. i emailed casa twice, the embassy, NVC, a senator, and my local congressman. hopefully something will be done tomorrow. i think this is ridiculous and don't understand why they would want a form that was clearly stated to be OBSOLETE. http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf and https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

hopefully we'll get another interview very soon. i find it odd they didn't give him a 221g as well. why do the whole thing over? none of this makes sense!!!!!!!!

congrats to you mona and reda.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is just ridiculous. I hope they can get him scheduled for another interview really soon.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sometimes the sheer idiocy of the state department amazes me. sorry to hear about the delay jen. (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this. Best wishes for a speedy reschedule and a successful interview.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so sorry Jen. I can't imagine how dissapointing that must be. The only thing I can say is at least he wasn't denied.

Did they reschedule him there or when are they rescheduling him for?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
this is really hard for me to type so i'll make it brief...

i went over the paperwork COUNTLESS times with my fiance about making sure everything was filled out perfectly, making sure we had each document necessary and it was the updated forms, photos, emails, conversations, phone bills, plane tickets, etc.

i've read disappointing stories here on vj about being sent the outdated form and when the person showed up at the interview, they were turned away because it wasn't up to date!

well i had the OPPOSITE interview. my fiance brought in the DS156 that was the newest 2007 version you can get off their website. apparently they wanted the OLD VERSION from 2004 that is expired and they made my fiance leave. instead of letting him hand in a new form that would take less than 5 minutes to complete, they handed him a form and made him leave.

so now we have to reschedule a new interview for who knows when the fukc it will be. :angry:

i'm crushed. i tried to do the right thing. checked everything 1000000000x and this is what i get. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

so i think i'm leaving ny. i was waiting here thinking he would be here within a few weeks, but now it looks like that is NOT going to happen. thanks for all the support last night and those who called/PMed me. i appreciate it.

-jen

jen i am so sorry. they will have you in there soon. inchallah everyhting will be perfect like you had planned it before. i am so sorry i am praying for you some more. love natalie

.png

How it started:

10/17/05 Answered email from him asking to talk

10/20/05 First time talking on hotmail msn

2/5-15/06 First visit, love his family celebrated my 20th birthday there

6/15- 7/15/06 stayed at parents house again in Morocco got engaged

10/16/06 got a good job so I had to wait to see him again

1/14-28/07 went to see him again for the last time in Morocco

2/8/07 happy birthday to me and I sent the papers for K-1

2/12/07 NOA1 for K-1 visa

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

3/1/07 sent to Visa Center

4/15/07 interview

STUPID TERRORISTS RUINED THE INTERVIEW DATE

waited for 2 months of nothing

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

8/8/07 got MARRIED YEA FINALLY!!!

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

2/21/08- Chicago received our package

2/27/08-sent NOA1 for both EAD and I-485

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

3/21/08- sent back RFE with all info

3/31/08-received RFE info

4/2-touched

4/18-EAD card ordered:D:D:D:D

4/23-card created& AOS transfered to CSC!!!

4/24- AOS touched:D

4/26- EAD CARD RECEIVED!!! WOOHOOO

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

5/11-12-13-14-15-AOS touched

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/20/2008 sent out info for RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

8/20/2008 received green card

this is really hard for me to type so i'll make it brief...

i went over the paperwork COUNTLESS times with my fiance about making sure everything was filled out perfectly, making sure we had each document necessary and it was the updated forms, photos, emails, conversations, phone bills, plane tickets, etc.

i've read disappointing stories here on vj about being sent the outdated form and when the person showed up at the interview, they were turned away because it wasn't up to date!

well i had the OPPOSITE interview. my fiance brought in the DS156 that was the newest 2007 version you can get off their website. apparently they wanted the OLD VERSION from 2004 that is expired and they made my fiance leave. instead of letting him hand in a new form that would take less than 5 minutes to complete, they handed him a form and made him leave.

so now we have to reschedule a new interview for who knows when the fukc it will be. :angry:

i'm crushed. i tried to do the right thing. checked everything 1000000000x and this is what i get. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

so i think i'm leaving ny. i was waiting here thinking he would be here within a few weeks, but now it looks like that is NOT going to happen. thanks for all the support last night and those who called/PMed me. i appreciate it.

-jen

jen i am so sorry. they will have you in there soon. inchallah everyhting will be perfect like you had planned it before. i am so sorry i am praying for you some more. love natalie

HI - I can not even begin to express what disgust I felt when I first read this yesterday and I thought I would not post a response and keep this to myself ... but I wanted to say that I am so sorry for you guys... you are doing the right things by emailing your congressman and the consulate etc..... it is just insane.

Does anyone know where the old version of the form is or if it is still available online --- I too downloaded the new form to have it ready to go and I am so thankful that you posted this information helping all of us behind you not to get caught in the same red tape.

Good Luck and be a thorn in their hineys!!!!

I hope you get another interview quick and your hubby/fiance is here with you soon!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
why are adults that are too incompetent to just fill out the forms they are sent (yes people, they weren't just wanking around when they mailed THOSE SPECIFIC ONES OUT) deserving of any sympathy?

Now that's pretty unfair. If he had brought the form that he was sent and was turned away because the consulate said the form was expired, do you think he would then be deserving of sympathy?

I think it's incompetent for Casa to be using expired forms.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

figures someone had to come in my post and be an a$$. i've read countless times about people bringing in forms that were expired and being turned away THEN. so whats your excuse for that? your comments mean nothing to me. thanks to everyone else for support though!

anyway, i talked to my fiance in more detail about what happened yesterday after he had a chance to calm down. apparently he never did have an interview. i misunderstood him at first. he said the minute he walked in the moroccan receptionist who takes the forms from you when you walk in had an attitude. she hated him the minute he walked in. my fiance is a humble and nice person. he would never have walked in there with attitude so i can't imagine why she would be such a b*tch right off the bat. he said she yelled at him because he had the new form and gave him an old one to fill out. so he filled it out, went back to her, and she told him that it was too late, to get out, and to email for a new interview. i can't begin to imagine why this happened to us. why they'd accept the old form. why anything like this happened. so hopefully we'll get a new interview soon. they responded to my email not telling me of a new interview for him. they just said he needs to write once he's completed the form. DUH it takes 2 minutes to write the form! we still haven't received another response after that. :bonk:

i'm glad i could help someone here by telling them to get the old form! malarie, i don't know where you will get the old forms. maybe they will include it in the packet the send to your fiance? i'd have him watch out for that.

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.