3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, Braveheart123 said:

Congratulations what kind of proof you have submitted with your case moreover do you any police report or retreating order to proof abuse 

Yes I submitted a police report, I had text messages of threats and pictures of abuse. Letters of good moral character from friends and former manager at work. 

10 hours ago, Librawarrior said:

Hey guys. I need your insight especially from @sandranj  I am a DACA recipient as well as a VAWA applicant. My VAWA Work authorization is set to expire in June 2020. My DACA work authorization is set to expire in 2021. I asked for my lawyer to help me renew my VAWA EAD and she suggested I do not need to, especially since I have a current unexpired EAD (DACA). I wanted to renew my VAWA EAD because I somehow believe it will keep my case moving? Should I renew or just wait and use the DACA EAD as suggested by my lawyer?

@sandranj please advise

On 1/3/2020 at 9:10 PM, sdot0479 said:

Hello everyone there,how was new year?hope everyone have good new year celebrations.please I need help I want every one to help me look at divorce paper my ex wife sent to me from my home country.i received initial evidence both the said my divorce paper work is not consider.please everyone help me look at it and what can I do

20200103_200848.jpg

The decree Absolute is the decree you need to proof your divorce was finalized. As for now for USCIS your divorce is not terminated.  Tried to get the Decree Absolute document in the higher court of Nigeria,  with your Suit NO. 

For USCIS a decree Nissi of dissolution of a marriage is just establish the that judge was satisfied with the divorce grounds and that a divorce should be granted. 

I saw similar case in another forum and this kind of divorce decree are very confusing.. Hope it work out for you. 

Hey Guys I have a question after receiving your EAD C31, how long did your approval notice last to arrived??

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sunnyman said:

Everything was done online and what are the documents required. Is it an electronic visa or paper. You can just shed more light 

Everything was online when it get to the visa they will request you send your passport to them .... 

in the visa application they have a couple of forms you need fill up and upload online 

Documents I submitted:

(1)copy i360 Receipt notice 

(2)copy of my EAD Combo card

(3)copy of my i485

(4)copy of my Prima facie Determination 

(5)Bank statement I have over $5,000

(6)paystubs 

(7)Employment Letter

(8)I wrote a Letter to explain what I was going to do in Canada 

(9)my international passport valid for Atleast more than 6months

(10)4passport photographs and other I can’t remember they give you guild line on what to submit 

the main thing is to prove that you have a status in the U.S and that u are gonna return back.. 

5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Received my C31 April 4th approval letter came April 26th. Generally anywhere between 3-4weeks.👍

Thank you Dear :) 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, sandranj said:

Uscis is not obligated to issue RFE anymore, it’s discretionary now .Tell your attorney that she/he should read more often about  the U.S Immigration  Laws.

Thank you so much, Sandra! God Bless You!

Do you feel replying to initial evidence request for Prima Facie after a year it was received is okay? Based on my current timeline, I should get the I-360 decision in November 2020. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, sdot0479 said:

Thanks so much @sandranj.check this is also I summited both to uscis but they told it's not final judgment 

20200106_062615.jpg

They must accept this one .You will need to file a motion to reconsider because the Decree Nisi Absolute is accepted by USCIS.According with the FAM just high Courts have jurisdiction over civil divorce, and the document you submitted was issued by a high court; or the IO doesn’t know about the Nisi Absolute or they lost the Nisi Absolute before the IO adjudicated your case, and he/she didn’t see the document.

Just now, Shroy123 said:

Mine approval status changed within 2 months.. Friend yours is coming soon 😉 then party 🎊

Jajaja half party.. the big party after I-485 is approve.. :) 

1 hour ago, Modu said:

Everything was online when it get to the visa they will request you send your passport to them .... 

in the visa application they have a couple of forms you need fill up and upload online 

Documents I submitted:

(1)copy i360 Receipt notice 

(2)copy of my EAD Combo card

(3)copy of my i485

(4)copy of my Prima facie Determination 

(5)Bank statement I have over $5,000

(6)paystubs 

(7)Employment Letter

(8)I wrote a Letter to explain what I was going to do in Canada 

(9)my international passport valid for Atleast more than 6months

(10)4passport photographs and other I can’t remember they give you guild line on what to submit 

the main thing is to prove that you have a status in the U.S and that u are gonna return back.. 

I submitted the same documents and received my Canadian visa within 5 days. My visa is expiring this June 2020 and i am thinking to visit Toronto only for Tim Hortins :D. I am applying for canadian visa again

19 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Jajaja half party.. the big party after I-485 is approve.. :) 

We will celebrate it together.. and i wont forget to invite @Stillwinning!!!😊 and others..

4 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

We will celebrate it together.. and i wont forget to invite @Stillwinning!!!😊 and others..

😂😂😂 I won't miss it for anything in the world! I have just the costume!😉💃👯😁😁 can't wait for the gates of approvals to open up on all sides..i360 and i485 for us all!🙏🙏🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

I submitted the same documents and received my Canadian visa within 5 days. My visa is expiring this June 2020 and i am thinking to visit Toronto only for Tim Hortins :D. I am applying for canadian visa again

@Shroy123 Oh woahhh that’s nice.. you know they give 5yrs to 10yrs visa.. all you need do make sure your passport have 5yrs to expire and Canada would give you visa accordingly... a friend of mine got 5yrs and me got 3yrs they sent an email to let me know that they wouldn’t exceed my passport expiration for visa...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.