3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Your lawyer has not given you a good a advice, he is pretending to sent an incomplete skeleton type application not willing to sent more evidence is not smart, look at the phrase USCIS uses "you are invited to provide" more evidence Right now USICS is not obligate to sent RFE.... they will go straight to denial, I think you should take lead on your case and sent more evidence. 

I ditto that response 

Filed: Other Timeline
33 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

I ditto that response 

Thank you guys. I much appreciate it. My lawyer's reasoning is that the more is provided the more CIS will ask for and question. I feel like lawyer is causing me more pain than the case itself. My case has so much evidence of abuse but I don't know why it is not provided to CIS.

Another question: I am a male. Would you believe CIS treats male cases equally as female cases without sexism?

Thank you all again. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

9 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Another question: I am a male. Would you believe CIS treats male cases equally as female cases without sexism?

Thank you all again. 

Equally to women and men. 

Edited by John_

8 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Thank you guys. I much appreciate it. My lawyer's reasoning is that the more is provided the more CIS will ask for and question. I feel like lawyer is causing me more pain than the case itself. My case has so much evidence of abuse but I don't know why it is not provided to CIS.

Thank you all again. 

VAWA is for men and women! No gender is favored over the other...rest easy!👍

9 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Thank you all again. 

Also remember I told you earlier to NOT disregard the RFEs requested by USCIS as opposed to what your attorney is advising..send USCIS all that will help your case! Do NOT tarry act now!👍

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also remember I told you earlier to NOT disregard the RFEs requested by USCIS as opposed to what your attorney is advising..send USCIS all that will help your case! Do NOT tarry act now!👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊 omg I’m so excited for u. Usually I use google now I’m like I’m gonna ask stillwinning 🙈 can I apply for an Itin for my daughter

8 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 omg I’m so excited for u. Usually I use google now I’m like I’m gonna ask stillwinning 🙈 can I apply for an Itin for my daughter

LMAO!😂😂😂😂 please use google! My reasoning is on vacation. 💁 LOL but really I'm not sure about that.

Hi everyone! Happy new year to all of you! 

I am a July 2018 filer, today I checked my statute and unfortunately after 18 months they’re asking me adicional evidence.

Do you know how long it will take to get the letter? I’m trying to not losing hope but it is very frustrating :( 

Im guessing they will ask me prove of GMC since I did not send my record from my home country (I learned about that here :() 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Thank you all again. 

That’s not entirely true. It’s best to send every single thing once it’s gonna something that proves abuse.  I did paragraphes but it’s best u put it in details using using bullets. Detail punch in the face-where when it happen what lead to it what happened after. If she called u names but wasn’t physical express how it made u feel what state of mind it put u in ect. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

LMAO!😂😂😂😂 please use google! My reasoning is on vacation. 💁 LOL but really I'm not sure about that.

Dwl 🤣😂🤣😂 okay thank u so much @Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Blackgloves said:

Am new here and am going straight to the point . 
ive been married to a USC wife and still married since May 2018 . I filed my AOS with her and I was called for interview. It was a long interview and I was asked about my divorce from back home (my country ) . The immigration interviewer asked me why I put married when renewing my Dropbox visa when I was already divorced from my first wife. I explained it was my visa agent who renewed my visa and didn’t know I was divorced then . Then the interview got heated and the lady asked my wife infront of me If she would like to continue with the marriage or cancel the marriage and application. My wife stood her ground and said she loves me and was standing by me and that she knew about my first marriage and kids from back home . 

Two months after the interview, I received an RFE asking me to prove my marriage was really null and void from back home . I sent in the final divorce documents and court papers showing my marriage was really done . And USCIS received it and about 8 months later I received another RFE asking me for the same thing but that they needed a more better evidence showing my marriage was really legally done from back home . i sent it in and it took over 9 months and I received another letter from USCIS saying my applications were cancelled and I was given 30 days to leave the country , January 13th 2020 makes it 30 days actually. 

These put a big strain on my marriage here since after the interview. My wife made me leave the house and pay rent too while outside and threatened to divorce and call immigration on me . It’s a long long story of ill treatment after the interview from my wife . 

I was asked to refile my AOS and prove my divorce from back home by two attorneys. But, my marriage here is very shaky and on the verge of divorce. What’s the probability that she won’t leave when I refile the AOS

Am resorting to Vawa because I was so traumatized after that interview by wife here. Since I’ve been asked to leave the country, Will this affect my vawa if I file for one . 

If she is mistreating  you then yo qualify for Vawa. Just curious why USCIS wouldn't accept your divorce papers from your country. As far as additional  evidence i would get some affidavits from friends and family back home stating your marriage is over. Also Float the idea of filing VAWA with your attorney instead of refilling AOS and see what he/she says. Jan 13th is gonna creep up on you pretty quick, so i would act  asap.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Dwl 🤣😂🤣😂 okay thank u so much @Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: Other Timeline
43 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

That’s not entirely true. It’s best to send every single thing once it’s gonna something that proves abuse.  I did paragraphes but it’s best u put it in details using using bullets. Detail punch in the face-where when it happen what lead to it what happened after. If she called u names but wasn’t physical express how it made u feel what state of mind it put u in ect. 

Thank you Gi Gi!  Are you in this with a help of lawyer? Most time I feel I can do it myself. My lawyer is always busy (deportations, courts and etc). Feels like she does not care about a case until it get really bad.

Do lawyers really care?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Do lawyers really care?

Sandra cares here.

Otherwise, 99% of all lawyers give the remainder a bad name.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.