3,047 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Firat(Tur) said:

did you have any picture from the abuse? did your spouse attack you? how can you have police report?

I did not have any picture of the abuse I went directly to the police percent scare for my life, he was persecuting me in places to physical hurt, treating to hurt and kill me, he was in front of my building which I have many witness who saw him waiting for me very violently, So the police took me in, make the report sent a unit to my home when he saw them he took off they could caught him but they later did at his new home.... very crazy situation. Than the police department make the referral to the family court with the threaten text, the police officer witness he was outside, they sent me the paper to get order of protection, than i press criminal charges because he did not stop. 

1 minute ago, Aidan 85 said:

image.thumb.png.1b43d101036fe3325685bf5f78cbb23d.pngso just got this notice am just wondering is deferred action for 15 months is normal or does it mean something else thanks n advance

It does what it says, give your case a lower priority for removal, you may also received a EAD C14 category. Is valid for 15 months so you have enough time to start your adjustment of status. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, FeDaniela said:

I did not have any picture of the abuse I went directly to the police percent scare for my life, he was persecuting me in places to physical hurt, treating to hurt and kill me, he was in front of my building which I have many witness who saw him waiting for me very violently, So the police took me in, make the report sent a unit to my home when he saw them he took off they could caught him but they later did at his new home.... very crazy situation. Than the police department make the referral to the family court with the threaten text, the police officer witness he was outside, they sent me the paper to get order of protection, than i press criminal charges because he did not stop. 

thank you for your detail answer :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Applied for vawa (I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131) in Nov 2018. Did not submit a lot of documents and no affidavit. Received initial request for evidence to quality for prima facie  couple months after (in Jan 2019). 2 things requested to provide more evidence for were GOC and good faith marriage. USCIS phrases it "you are invited to provide".

Attorney is telling me to not care about initial request for evidence but wait for official RFE to provide more proof / documents. 

What are your thoughts, community? I have a lot of proof but am told to wait until RFE and disregard initial request for evidence for prima facie (I will not be using public benefits even if have it).

Thank you very much and hope for feedback. God bless All!

47 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Applied for vawa (I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131) in Nov 2018. Did not submit a lot of documents and no affidavit. Received initial request for evidence to quality for prima facie  couple months after (in Jan 2019). 2 things requested to provide more evidence for were GOC and good faith marriage. USCIS phrases it "you are invited to provide".

Attorney is telling me to not care about initial request for evidence but wait for official RFE to provide more proof / documents. 

What are your thoughts, community? I have a lot of proof but am told to wait until RFE and disregard initial request for evidence for prima facie (I will not be using public benefits even if have it).

Do NOT disregard anything! Give USCIS exactly what they have requested! 

Timeline
On 1/1/2020 at 8:03 PM, Ballerina said:

Hello everyone, 

I need some advice. I have all the requirements for my application except psychological evaluation. I have been in therapy for months now, but at the time I started therapy, I did not know about vawa so I was not looking for a therapy who has vawa experience, just one that was close to me and free. It has been excellent for therapy, but when I asked for evaluation, the evaluation she wrote is 1page. Maybe because the service is free or because she has no experience with vawa, she seems reluctant to write a more detailed report, and I am confused about what to do next. I would have liked to submit the application in december or this january but now I'm stuck. So do I keep trying to get the detailed evaluation report from her since she has been my therapist for a long time now or do I look for someone else to pay / have more sessions with that can provide the report since I can't apply without it?

Hi,

in my case I went to 2 separate therapists (6+6 sessions). One of them gave a one page letter stating when I attended sessions and a one liner  about my psychological state because of marital discord. Other letter was slightly more detailed 2-page assessment and had information about abuse.

i submitted both with my application with elaborate self-affidavit and got approved. 

After submitting my application, i ran into this support forum and learnt that a more extensive letter would add strength to the case. Hence I attended 6 more sessions, and this time requested comprehensive report from my counselor. I was getting ready to send this report as well to CIS. And same time, by Gods grace, got approved. So I didn’t send the 3rd detailed report.

If possible, please get a slightly more informative  letter from same or different counselor while you wait on adjudication. You can always interfile after sending your application.Its always better to build a strong case to avoid rfes. Hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/31/2019 at 9:08 AM, FeDaniela said:

Hey Guys

Just received a New Year Eve news My VAWA is being approved... 

I-360 sent June 2018

Approve December 31st 2019

received 2 prima facie

NO RFE...

image.png.273a229c428d51712aa8cb19a69476c1.png

OMG congratulations my dear ,.,,,,,

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, sandranj said:

Did you submit the motion to VSC? I am asking this for you  because I saw people here that their attorneys didn't submit to VSC and the motions were denied because a motion to reopen or reconsider regarding a VAWA case must go to VSC.

My attorney sent it to the Local Field office where the denial letter came from and where my case file had been transferred to . I did bring this up about sending it VSC he said not to worry it will be okay. Fortunately my case was reopened and approved without any problems.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congrats, su!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

13 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Your lawyer has not given you a good a advice, he is pretending to sent an incomplete skeleton type application not willing to sent more evidence is not smart, look at the phrase USCIS uses "you are invited to provide" more evidence Right now USICS is not obligate to sent RFE.... they will go straight to denial, I think you should take lead on your case and sent more evidence. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.