3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Hey guys, good morning and happy new year!!!! I received my new year present today; your new card is being produced. Can anyone advice me what happens now? I know it means my vawa was approved, but does it mean I get a work permit?  And can I work now? 

Also, my timeline:

filed June 2018. 
received 2 prima facies and no rfe

Edited by Journeying

1 minute ago, Journeying said:

Hey guys, good morning and happy new year!!!! I received my new year present today; your new card is being produced. Can anyone advice me what happens now? I know it means by vawa was approved, but does it mean I get a work permit?  An I work now? 

also, my timeline:

filed June 2018. 

Hey , yes you will be getting EAD under c31 ! You can work now. The card should get to you within 5 days .

30 minutes ago, Journeying said:

Hey guys, good morning and happy new year!!!! I received my new year present today; your new card is being produced. Can anyone advice me what happens now? I know it means my vawa was approved, but does it mean I get a work permit?  And can I work now? 

Also, my timeline:

filed June 2018. 

Congratulations. certainly you can :-) you received EAD under c31 category 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
26 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

You may confirm with the Social security administration office if is possible because Only non-citizens authorized to work in the US are eligible for a Social Security number. Those on a non-employment based temporary visa without work authorization are not permitted to apply for a social security number. 

check this link :  https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10096.pdf 

Ok thank u 

14 hours ago, Ballerina said:

Hello everyone, 

I need some advice. I have all the requirements for my application except psychological evaluation. I have been in therapy for months now, but at the time I started therapy, I did not know about vawa so I was not looking for a therapy who has vawa experience, just one that was close to me and free. It has been excellent for therapy, but when I asked for evaluation, the evaluation she wrote is 1page. Maybe because the service is free or because she has no experience with vawa, she seems reluctant to write a more detailed report, and I am confused about what to do next. I would have liked to submit the application in december or this january but now I'm stuck. So do I keep trying to get the detailed evaluation report from her since she has been my therapist for a long time now or do I look for someone else to pay / have more sessions with that can provide the report since I can't apply without it?

you can attach the sessions report with your evidence. that is important as well. Each session should have different report. attach all of them. those sessions should cover your depression you suffered. that's why you had counseling 

24 minutes ago, Journeying said:

Also, my timeline:

filed June 2018. 

Congratulations I have seen a lot of March and June approval... 2018  

1 minute ago, Journeying said:

Thank you guys. So it that the cars being processed? The EAD ?

Yes is your EAD C31 category after that the approval notice. 

Am new here and am going straight to the point . 
ive been married to a USC wife and still married since May 2018 . I filed my AOS with her and I was called for interview. It was a long interview and I was asked about my divorce from back home (my country ) . The immigration interviewer asked me why I put married when renewing my Dropbox visa when I was already divorced from my first wife. I explained it was my visa agent who renewed my visa and didn’t know I was divorced then . Then the interview got heated and the lady asked my wife infront of me If she would like to continue with the marriage or cancel the marriage and application. My wife stood her ground and said she loves me and was standing by me and that she knew about my first marriage and kids from back home . 

Two months after the interview, I received an RFE asking me to prove my marriage was really null and void from back home . I sent in the final divorce documents and court papers showing my marriage was really done . And USCIS received it and about 8 months later I received another RFE asking me for the same thing but that they needed a more better evidence showing my marriage was really legally done from back home . i sent it in and it took over 9 months and I received another letter from USCIS saying my applications were cancelled and I was given 30 days to leave the country , January 13th 2020 makes it 30 days actually. 

These put a big strain on my marriage here since after the interview. My wife made me leave the house and pay rent too while outside and threatened to divorce and call immigration on me . It’s a long long story of ill treatment after the interview from my wife . 

I was asked to refile my AOS and prove my divorce from back home by two attorneys. But, my marriage here is very shaky and on the verge of divorce. What’s the probability that she won’t leave when I refile the AOS

Am resorting to Vawa because I was so traumatized after that interview by wife here. Since I’ve been asked to leave the country, Will this affect my vawa if I file for one . 

35 minutes ago, Journeying said:

Also, my timeline:

filed June 2018. 

Congrats my dear..WOW! This is truly a New Year present! Godbless! Your card is being produced. It will be sent out to you shortly..then you will also receive approval letter!👏👏👏😀🙌👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
Just now, FeDaniela said:

Yes is your EAD C31 category after that the approval notice. 

Oh ok. Thank you so much 

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congrats my dear..WOW! This is truly a New Year present! Godbless! Your card is being produced. It will be sent out to you shortly..then you will also receive approval letter!👏👏👏😀🙌👍

Thank you hun! I prayed And praised so much in church New Year’s Eve!!!!! I knew it was coming soon. The Lord is faithful🥳🥳🥳

3 minutes ago, Blackgloves said:

ive been married to a USC wife and still married since May 2018 . I filed my AOS with her and I was called for interview. It was a long interview and I was asked about my divorce from back home (my country ) . The immigration interviewer asked me why I put married when renewing my Dropbox visa when I was already divorced from my first wife. I explained it was my visa agent who renewed my visa and didn’t know I was divorced then . Then the interview got heated and the lady asked my wife infront of me If she would like to continue with the marriage or cancel the marriage and application. My wife stood her ground and said she loves me and was standing by me and that she knew about my first marriage and kids from back home . 

Two months after the interview, I received an RFE asking me to prove my marriage was really null and void from back home . I sent in the final divorce documents and court papers showing my marriage was really done . And USCIS received it and about 8 months later I received another RFE asking me for the same thing but that they needed a more better evidence showing my marriage was really legally done from back home . i sent it in and it took over 9 months and I received another letter from USCIS saying my applications were cancelled and I was given 30 days to leave the country , January 13th 2020 makes it 30 days actually. 

These put a big strain on my marriage here since after the interview. My wife made me leave the house and pay rent too while outside and threatened to divorce and call immigration on me . It’s a long long story of ill treatment after the interview from my wife . 

I was asked to refile my AOS and prove my divorce from back home by two attorneys. But, my marriage here is very shaky and on the verge of divorce. What’s the probability that she won’t leave when I refile the AOS

Am resorting to Vawa because I was so traumatized after that interview by wife here. Since I’ve been asked to leave the country, Will this affect my vawa if I file for one . 

It is really shaky and USCIS has doubts already! Anything you do now will be scrutinized on a high scale. Wait for other suggestions..this is just my opinion. Turning to VAWA may make you appear desperate..your best bet might be to go through with your wife if she's willing to stand by you..

32 minutes ago, Blackgloves said:

once your AOS application is denied, USCIS has same format. they write in the denial letter that you do not have any status here and start to leave this country as soon as possible. Its a format for those whose AOS has been denied. the same thing was written in my AOS denial letter when my ex wife withdrawn my petition. Although I had approved I130. But yes there was no deadline written on my denial letter. I panicked as well.. and then I filed for vawa. I would say submit your petition as soon as possible.

Also, if you have an option to file MOTR, do it and submit your divorce documents again.. and then file for vawa. Just my 2 cents 

Edited by Shroy123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.