3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Firat(Tur) said:

Hey my friends I'm 23 years old from Turkey Istanbul. I have been in america  3 year. I just found this forum very helpful and I want to say thank everbody who share info to people. I'm about to file wawa case. I have been assualted and abused my us spouse. I called the police that day. She was arrested and ambulance took me to clinic due to my injures. We lived together almost 6 month. We filed aos. She did not have my sponsor and I had two  sponsor. My marriage was bona fide. I have everthing that can make my case strong. 

-Personel statement of myself

-Hospital Records

-Police report and Officer took many pictures for my wound in incident day 

- Restriciton order I have 2

- 25 photos Text messases, Converstation that She had with my mother

- 5 letter from witness of my marriage

No need to mention the other documents marriage cert, birth certificate etc...

I know my case is strong but My concern is my wife was going to therapist office for her mental health. She told me that she has bipolar. She had a food stamp. Will this stattion affect my bona fide marriage? 

Please my friend share your thoughts with me. 

You have everything that you need to apply for VAWA. Organize all the documents and don't forget to get a police clearance from each place that you lived in the past 3 years. Your ex has nothing to do with your self petition, once you apply for it, don't matter what she says.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, John_ said:

You have everything that you need to apply for VAWA. Organize all the documents and don't forget to get a police clearance from each place that you lived in the past 3 years. Your ex has nothing to do with your self petition, once you apply for it, don't matter what she says.

Thank you john I lived washigton two year and oregon 1 year. I have washigton plus turkey background check, but I dont want to request for oregon. because they dont have service online. I think that would be enough. Thanks for your feedback.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Good morning and a happy new year to everyone here . I was thinking this morning, :since these process and green card application is going to take at least three years why not I use this opportunity and go to school . 

Applicants here who have used their Prima facie and FAFSA to continue education or begin school. How did y’all apply for FAFSA and how does FAFSA work ? 

Thank you and God bless you as you respond 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/29/2019 at 8:55 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

My understanding is that USCIS gives a specified time for RFE response! So if that time has lapsed, they may not take any further response into consideration! That is just for RFE! On the other hand, you can send in any evidence that can help your case at anytime before your case is decided! If I were in your situation..I would send though💁 it doesn't hurt..it's up to the officer to regard or disregard it! I'm always positively minded and hope only for the best..it always works for me! I pray it works for you!🙏

Usually USCIS gives 87 days to answer the RFE,but until final adjudication the person can submit any document but the proof mentioned in the RFE the person can not submit after the 87 days.

36 minutes ago, Ranran27 said:

Hey family 

I have questions 

i January 2018 filler 

my case right now it’s outside of normal processing time 

the last update on my case was “rfe was receive “ on August 6

what I should to do now  and which action when my case It’s outside the processing time?

You should contact your Congressperson to inquire on your behalf .

Timeline
1 hour ago, Firat(Tur) said:

Thank you john I lived washigton two year and oregon 1 year. I have washigton plus turkey background check, but I dont want to request for oregon. because they dont have service online. I think that would be enough. Thanks for your feedback.

You must submit the police clearance from all places you lived in the past 3 years.

2 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Usually USCIS gives 87 days to answer the RFE,but until final adjudication the person can submit any document but the proof mentioned in the RFE the person can not submit after the 87 days.

You should contact your Congressperson to inquire on your behalf .

Ok 

how I know who is my congressperson? 
I’m outside of USA already 2 years so which congressman I need to talk ? And what I  Need to write  in the letter? 

my response for the rfe was 146 days ago and nothing and now my case it’s outside of the Norma processing time 

Timeline
16 hours ago, jack1821 said:

Hey , 

My I-485  was updated to : '" your case was received at your local office " .  Does that mean that NBC received the case ?

It means the local office received your case, not the NBC.Usually the case goes from VSC to local office and then the local office ships to NBC and after a few days the NBC ships back to the local office .

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ranran27 said:

Ok 

how I know who is my congressperson? 
I’m outside of USA already 2 years so which congressman I need to talk ? And what I  Need to write  in the letter? 

my response for the rfe was 146 days ago and nothing and now my case it’s outside of the Norma processing time 

If you don’t live in the U.S then you can’t contact the congressperson.

26 minutes ago, sandranj said:

It means the local office received your case, not the NBC.Usually the case goes from VSC to local office and then the local office ships to NBC and after a few days the NBC ships back to the local office .

Good morning sandranj hope you are feeling better?

I have a questing my VAWA case was approved like almost 5 month now but there still no update or change on my I-485 so idk what to do i'm planing to contact my congressman early next month to inquirer on my behalf. can you please advice me do i have to worry and what else can i do to see what happening with my case? Also i was marred to a U Citizen and i originally filed in September of 2015.

Thank you once again an i hope you are felling better (L)

21 hours ago, Apple90 said:

Hey
Guys I'm male and i want see if i can apply for vawa baesd of emotional abuse what is my success rate i have the following documents

- personal statement in detail
- psychological evaluation in detail I've been going to my therapist for about 1 year
- marriage certificate bank statements lease  birth certificate for her and me and my son 
- text messages threatening to cancel my immigration and demand money to go to the interview or cancel the case screaming yelling throwing stuff on my face calling me names if i don't want have sex jackass stupid illegal alien gay jerk son of displaying knife in attempts to hurt me since day one

I don't have affidavits from friends

I left the marriage and filling for divorce in a few months still fighting for my child custody living with her it damaged my entire brain 

I am a male who has approved vawa :-) I approved last month. You have strong evidences based on emotional abuse. You have all the strong evidences. Also attach police clearance report

Edited by Shroy123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.