3,047 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, jack1821 said:

Hey , 

My I-485  was updated to : '" your case was received at your local office " .  Does that mean that NBC received the case ?

Hey is this the first transfer notice you've received? Mine moved from NBC first then to the local office in successions! Local office is where you'll be having your interview..it's different from NBC.👍

34 minutes ago, Apple90 said:

We have been married for 4 years i forgot to mention we filled taxes as filling separately i did detail that on my personal statement why we filled taxes as filling separately 

Your personal statement is a power house accounting your experience from the start through your current situation. The more detailed the better! Sometimes that affidavit turns out to be a 'savior' where other evidence are lacking! You will be fine!👍

20 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey is this the first transfer notice you've received? Mine moved from NBC first then to the local office in successions! Local office is where you'll be having your interview..it's different from NBC.👍

It is the first transfer notice. How long did you wait until your case was transferred to NBC? NYC wait time is crazy......

21 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Your personal statement is a power house accounting your experience from the start through your current situation. The more detailed the better! Sometimes that affidavit turns out to be a 'savior' where other evidence are lacking! You will be fine!👍

Thank you so much what a such having a knowledgeable people in this forum I'm blessed to have you guys and help each other in this difficult journey💪🏽

12 minutes ago, jack1821 said:

It is the first transfer notice. How long did you wait until your case was transferred to NBC? NYC wait time is crazy......

Case approved April, June 18th transferred to NBC, then June 19th local office. Yeah NYC is beyond crazy..it's the reason I'm still waiting..someone else here who got approved in January 2019, just got interview notice for January 2020!💁😏

1 minute ago, Apple90 said:

Thank you so much what a such having a knowledgeable people in this forum I'm blessed to have you guys and help each other in this difficult journey💪🏽

You're always welcome dear. Try to read previous threads..I don't think there's anything that hasn't been discussed on this forum. Almost every kind of situation has been addressed. When I first joined this community, I took my time to read previous posts..after that I've never really felt the need to ask much questions..💁😊

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Case approved April, June 18th transferred to NBC, then June 19th local office. Yeah NYC is beyond crazy..it's the reason I'm still waiting..someone else here who got approved in January 2019, just got interview notice for January 2020!💁😏

I have been thinking about moving just because of that.... May God bless your interview date ! 

l

16 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You're always welcome dear. Try to read previous threads..I don't think there's anything that hasn't been discussed on this forum. Almost every kind of situation has been addressed. When I first joined this community, I took my time to read previous posts..after that I've never really felt the need to ask much questions..💁😊

I did read most of the previous parts im still reading the rest of it I'm much comfortable about what I'm doing with my case now just need some little touch before i send my application can the attorney who represents me with

my i130 can he represents me with my vawa cases some say no because vawa very confidential and i need to change the attorney some say he can as long as he won't disclose the vawa information to my abusive spouse we have interview for the i130 in January 2020 but she decided not to go 

1 hour ago, Apple90 said:

I did read most of the previous parts im still reading the rest of it I'm much comfortable about what I'm doing with my case now just need some little touch before i send my application can the attorney who represents me with

my i130 can he represents me with my vawa cases some say no because vawa very confidential and i need to change the attorney some say he can as long as he won't disclose the vawa information to my abusive spouse we have interview for the i130 in January 2020 but she decided not to go 

You should attend the interview and ask the officer to hold the i485 stating that you intend to file VAWA. The decision of which attorney you want to use is entirely up to you! If you feel comfortable with the present one..good! If you feel differently, then look elsewhere. I believe there's such a thing as attorney and client confidentiality..not sure if I'm saying it right but there should be!💁 you're paying him to represent you not sell you out..so I'm assuming he'll have some honour and render service to you in confidence.

1 hour ago, jack1821 said:

I have been thinking about moving just because of that.... May God bless your interview date ! 

l

Amen dear!🙏😊 I pray same for you and eveveryone else waiting! I thought of moving myself at some point..but hey it'll still happen..no matter where you go just a matter of time! Also I like it here..N.Y has it's good sides, but if you want to..it's all good.👍

Hi guys!

Hope everyone doing well and you had a great Christmas!

Im posting time to time one here and I have couple more questions again. Will be appreciated for your help🙏🏻

Im divorcing with my husband.

Such a thing I want to tell you🙄

So. To make long story short I will just say that he has a food well paid attorney.

Mine working with me for free. He doesn’t charge me.

But. He don’t want to fight for me. I don’t feel any protection and help.

Anyways.

We has one mediation with my husband. It didn’t finished in that way as my ex and his attorney would like to finish.

We will have one more January 6.

But they are threatened me. His attorney said that he will do it not pleasant for me. If I won’t collaborate😱

I told them that  I’m not afraid of them and just left.

But. Unfortunately my ex knows my weak bottom-money.

I have a child and I’m not making a lot.

So he is pushing on me telling that he will put all court  charges on me. And that I will be paying mediation as well. Even though he knows I can’t pay it.

He is threatening that he will withdraw affidavit of support and annual our marriage.

What can I do in this situation?

Can he do all this things?

1. Can I somehow get waived this charges?

2. Can he withdraw affidavit?

3. Can he easily cancel our marriage?

Thank you very much for your response!!!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys!

Hope everyone doing well and you had a great Christmas!

Im posting time to time one here and I have couple more questions again. Will be appreciated for your help🙏🏻

Im divorcing with my husband.

Such a thing I want to tell you🙄

So. To make long story short I will just say that he has a food well paid attorney.

Mine working with me for free. He doesn’t charge me.

But. He don’t want to fight for me. I don’t feel any protection and help.

Anyways.

We has one mediation with my husband. It didn’t finished in that way as my ex and his attorney would like to finish.

We will have one more January 6.

But they are threatened me. His attorney said that he will do it not pleasant for me. If I won’t collaborate😱

I told them that  I’m not afraid of them and just left.

But. Unfortunately my ex knows my weak bottom-money.

I have a child and I’m not making a lot.

So he is pushing on me telling that he will put all court  charges on me. And that I will be paying mediation as well. Even though he knows I can’t pay it.

He is threatening that he will withdraw affidavit of support and annual our marriage.

What can I do in this situation?

Can he do all this things?

1. Can I somehow get waived this charges?

2. Can he withdraw affidavit?

3. Can he easily cancel our marriage?

Thank you very much for your response!!!

A highly paid lawyer does not mean that he is a smart lawyer;
I'm in another country and one of my lawyers
and stopped another lawyer, not knowing the laws completely, but I understand the laws that must be correct.
I believe that you are really intimidated.
I am writing to you as I think. This is not professional advice, but moral support for you. I am a smart person.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.