3,047 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gi Gi said:

Is There just 1 primi facie Approval or two. I just read someone said they received their second prima facie. 

Some people received 4. It will be issued until approval. While some people never receive than 2 or 3. Our cases are never the same so our officer works at different pace. Enjoy your holiday. It’s a waiting game

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear House

I have a question I applied for VAWA in the month of May 2018 got my Prima Facie for 1 year and later on got the 2 prima Facie the thing is it  is almost more then 19 months have been passed instead of a decision they send me another prima facie for 6 more month valid till May 2020.

so I wanted your suggestion that lot of other person who applied in the month of May 2018 got there approval why instead of a  approval decision they are sending me the prima facie all the time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear House

I have a question I applied for VAWA in the month of May 2018 got my Prima Facie for 1 year and later on got the 2 prima Facie the thing is it  is almost more then 19 months have been passed instead of a decision they send me another prima facie for 6 more month valid till May 2020.

so I wanted your suggestion that lot of other person who applied in the month of May 2018 got there approval why instead of a  approval decision they are sending me the prima facie all the time.

Same situation here. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received 1 prima facie then an email that my card as been mailed under my i-130 receipt do u know which step I’m at now. What’s left to do? I’m so lost. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

Is There just 1 primi facie Approval or two. I just read someone said they received their second prima facie. 

You receive a renewal Prima Facie before the 1st one expires, and then they will be renewed until your VAWA is adjudicated.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
4 hours ago, gurgen said:

Hi all. 

If you're scheduled for GC interview, do you see that update when you check your EAC number?

Thanks, happy holidays!

I didn't, I didn't know it was scheduled until I got the interview letter in the mail.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gi Gi said:

I received 1 prima facie then an email that my card as been mailed under my i-130 receipt do u know which step I’m at now. What’s left to do? I’m so lost. 

Wait until you get the card and letter and read what it says.  Let us know by posting the letter.  We don't know how to answer this question, as we did not file I-130.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

You receive a renewal Prima Facie before the 1st one expires, and then they will be renewed until your VAWA is adjudicated.

So what’s more important? Request for evidence or Prima?

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, Irynalucky said:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !! 🎄🎄🎄🎄I hope the upcoming year will bring lots of approvals and adjustments of status. 

I have a question, I’ve filed my I-485 with Vermont in November 2019 based on my approved VAWA. 

Got the receipts and now I got biometric appt. at my local office. Does this mean that my case was already transferred to a local office ? 

Thanks, 

Hi ! Hope you are doing well!
It is just biometrics which they usually schedule 1 month after you apply I485. 
Your case will be transferred to local CIS later, it is not transferred yet.
I went to fingerprints 1 month after I applied for in AOS (OCT2018), but interview is still not scheduled and case is not transferred yet.

3 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear House

I think that is what they are doing for most of May fillers but your approval can come before it’s expired. It’s just a waiting game. It’s has nothing to do with the time of your approval.

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Happy Holidays guys. I received my card today😇 However, my name wasn’t corrected... how do i change it back to my maiden name?

12 minutes ago, blujewel said:

Happy Holidays guys. I received my card today😇 However, my name wasn’t corrected... how do i change it back to my maiden name?

Congrats dear!!! Thought about you today and if you've gotten your card! Yes!!!😀😀🌟 also I thought you informed the IO at the interview to change your name...

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congrats dear!!! Thought about you today and if you've gotten your card! Yes!!!😀😀🌟 also I thought you informed the IO at the interview to change your name...

Thanks dear. I did tell her.  She typed it into her system. And spelt it out to make sure it was correct. I don’t want to pay the I-90 fee. Its outrageous 😂

3 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear House

19months is not the set time to make a decision..these officers take their sweet time to scrutinize our petitions. Some cases are less complex than others and consequently approved before others..some people here myself included were approved after waiting 20months plus! But I do hope and pray you don't wait that long!🙏 keep praying, it's coming.

4 minutes ago, blujewel said:

Thanks dear. I did tell her.  She typed it into her system. And spelt it out to make sure it was correct. I don’t want to pay the I-90 fee. Its outrageous 😂

WOW! Wasn't that the IO who you said was a bit feisty? LOL..I hope it wasn't deliberate!💁 just kidding..😀 at least you have your card in your hands, it'll work the same..😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.