3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Will I-130 convert to I-360 automatically or do we need to write any letter to uscis ??

thanks in advance 

Edited by waitingforluck

11 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

Hello everyone, I need your help on this situation, my renewal for i765/i131 was sent back after 5 weeks and they are requesting to pay for those application.

my questions is this how much will it cost to renew both, is it 410$ only for the 765 and the 131 is free or both has a fee for renewal.

Also if I include only 410$ for i765 and also include the i131 in the package without the fee for it, will both application be sent back just because I include only 410$.

long story short what can I do,I don’t have money for i131 and I don’t want it to be send back this time again as my EAD expires March.

Lastly am sending back my response for rfe for shared residence and good moral character, am scared but also praying for favor. I360 file in May 2018 and receive rfe on November 2019.

Thanks 

Hey, 

You have to use a fee waiver for your application.The form is I-912 and the only thing you have to do is explain the attenuating circumstance and add  a bank statement or bill. Approval is coming soon ... 

13 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

Hello everyone, I need your help on this situation, my renewal for i765/i131 was sent back after 5 weeks and they are requesting to pay for those application.

my questions is this how much will it cost to renew both, is it 410$ only for the 765 and the 131 is free or both has a fee for renewal.

Also if I include only 410$ for i765 and also include the i131 in the package without the fee for it, will both application be sent back just because I include only 410$.

long story short what can I do,I don’t have money for i131 and I don’t want it to be send back this time again as my EAD expires March.

Lastly am sending back my response for rfe for shared residence and good moral character, am scared but also praying for favor. I360 file in May 2018 and receive rfe on November 2019.

Thanks 

Do you have a pending I-485? If so there is no fee for the renewal 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Hi all, I have a question about advance parole;

I've got a paper version of the document after I infopassed it at a local office.(letter size with my photo on it)

Then I used it to travel to my country and came back with a stamp on the bottom right corner.

Now, I'd like to use the same ap again before it expires in March but my attorney said that it's valid for one entry since it's stamped. 

However, on the paper it says "Valid for multiple applications for parole into the United States" I doubt my attorney gave me the correct info.

Then I forwarded my issue to my lawyer but haven't heard from him for a long time. I'm pretty sure I can travel with it again, but just wanna make sure.

I'm attaching a sample ap in this message.  Thanks, merry Xmas to all.

advance+parole.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, gurgen said:

on the paper it says "Valid for multiple applications for parole into the United States"

The above.

The CBP won't stamp it again.

Another example of a mistaken lawyer.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !! 🎄🎄🎄🎄I hope the upcoming year will bring lots of approvals and adjustments of status. 

I have a question, I’ve filed my I-485 with Vermont in November 2019 based on my approved VAWA. 

Got the receipts and now I got biometric appt. at my local office. Does this mean that my case was already transferred to a local office ? 

Thanks, 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/23/2019 at 4:15 PM, BestChampion said:

Hello, I have applied VAWA with receipt date Nov 15, 2018 and its pending for approval and recently got my 2nd prima facie for 6 months ending in May 2020. I am planning to move to Michigan in April 2020 on a new job.

My concern is about the USCIS sending file to Dallas local office if my change of address to MI is not processed within that time. If I am hoping the approval comes in May 2020, is it safe to move and file change of address in April?

Also, anyone here in the VAWA forum based out of Michigan? Thanks.

You need to start working on the change of address, it is BEST not to move but if you file all correctly your lawyer should send to USCIS the change of address.  
I never had a problem when I did but my lawyer basically took care of all my change of address paperwork.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

You need to start working on the change of address, it is BEST not to move but if you file all correctly your lawyer should send to USCIS the change of address.  
I never had a problem when I did but my lawyer basically took care of all my change of address paperwork.

Why is the 2 Prima facie. So after the first approval it gonna need a 2nd approval? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, gurgen said:

Hi all, I have a question about advance parole;

I've got a paper version of the document after I infopassed it at a local office.(letter size with my photo on it)

Then I used it to travel to my country and came back with a stamp on the bottom right corner.

Now, I'd like to use the same ap again before it expires in March but my attorney said that it's valid for one entry since it's stamped. 

However, on the paper it says "Valid for multiple applications for parole into the United States" I doubt my attorney gave me the correct info.

Then I forwarded my issue to my lawyer but haven't heard from him for a long time. I'm pretty sure I can travel with it again, but just wanna make sure.

I'm attaching a sample ap in this message.  Thanks, merry Xmas to all.

advance+parole.jpg

USCIS will stamp your copy. For subsequent times,  you can just show your copy and travel. As long as the document is valid. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.