3,047 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, silicon_valley said:

Anyone knows how to expedite EAD?

Son't tell me to write a letter to Vermont service center I have already knew that

Reach out to your congressman. Mine sent a request and they said it was pending background check, 2 days later my EAD and AP were approved 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, or whatever else you might celebrate.

Surround yourself with the good will of the season, and have faith that things will work out for you.

Thank you @TBoneTX I appreciate you. Here's wishing you and family same. Stay blessed!🙏😊🌟🌟

14 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

Hello family. Hope all is well for the holiday.

Can you go to nursing school with a prima facie? I know some nursing school asks specifically for a GC.

I would just inquire with the admissions office at the school you want to apply. I know for sure that you can get financial aid for college with prima facie.

I wanna wish everyone a blessed holiday, no matter what you're celebrating. I hope the new year brings everyone healing from what they have been through and that everyone gets approved this year. Merry Xmas!

Edited by staypositive

15 minutes ago, staypositive said:

I wanna wish everyone a blessed holiday, no matter what you're celebrating. I hope the new year brings everyone healing from what they have been through and that everyone gets approved this year. Merry Xmas!

@staypositive Thanks dear I appreciate you. I wish you and your family heaven's best this season and always! Stay blessed!🙏🌟🌟😊

11 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

@staypositive are you for real? I can get financial aide with prima facie. That would be awesome.

11 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

@staypositive are you for real? I can get financial aide with prima facie. That would be awesome.

Have you been through the process and know what is required? I’d like to try that to see if I can get through.

34 minutes ago, Dordor1 said:

Have you been through the process and know what is required? I’d like to try that to see if I can get through.

Yes I’m currently going to college and I’m receiving a bit of financial aid. You have to fill out FAFSA online, but only once you have applied to a school or are already accepted. They’re gonna ask you for your tax returns and personal information.  Once that is done you’ll have to go to the financial aid office of your school and present the prima facie because you cannot submit the prima facie online. They kept telling me that they cannot accept it and I think I printed out a piece of the law showing that it is actually accepted to receive financial aid and they accepted and processed it. You can do it! 💪🏻

22 minutes ago, staypositive said:

Yes I’m currently going to college and I’m receiving a bit of financial aid. You have to fill out FAFSA online, but only once you have applied to a school or are already accepted. They’re gonna ask you for your tax returns and personal information.  Once that is done you’ll have to go to the financial aid office of your school and present the prima facie because you cannot submit the prima facie online. They kept telling me that they cannot accept it and I think I printed out a piece of the law showing that it is actually accepted to receive financial aid and they accepted and processed it. You can do it! 💪🏻

Thank you so much.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I have pending i-130 (just the i-130) and applied Vawa after few months. My question is will they update  priority date  on Vawa from the receipt of i-130 or the priority date will based on Vawa receipt?

5 hours ago, staypositive said:

Hey ,do you mind sharing the piece of the law that you used?

Edited by jack1821

2 hours ago, waitingforluck said:

I have pending i-130 (just the i-130) and applied Vawa after few months. My question is will they update  priority date  on Vawa from the receipt of i-130 or the priority date will based on Vawa receipt?

The priority date on my VAWA approval letter is that of the i-130. So I believe that's what it is!👍

Hello everyone, I need your help on this situation, my renewal for i765/i131 was sent back after 5 weeks and they are requesting to pay for those application.

my questions is this how much will it cost to renew both, is it 410$ only for the 765 and the 131 is free or both has a fee for renewal.

Also if I include only 410$ for i765 and also include the i131 in the package without the fee for it, will both application be sent back just because I include only 410$.

long story short what can I do,I don’t have money for i131 and I don’t want it to be send back this time again as my EAD expires March.

Lastly am sending back my response for rfe for shared residence and good moral character, am scared but also praying for favor. I360 file in May 2018 and receive rfe on November 2019.

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.