3,047 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Rcpc said:

Hi friends! My I-360 was received May 2018, I received a RFE in July 2018 for good moral character , sent back in September 2018, since then no change on my case, already 15 months and status never changed, still RFE was sent. 

I believe that was just a request for initial evidence..they hadn't started proper adjudication of the case then, they only wanted to ensure your documents/evidence is complete...you should be hearing from them really soon.👍

5 minutes ago, blujewel said:

Hi guys,I did my interview earlier today. It was for 7:30 AM. I was called in around 8:35 AM or so. The lady that interviewed me was kinda mean or I would say overly professional and doing too much. She started asking me about my marriage... she was asking me specific dates of what and where my ex husband and I visited.. I answered her and she kept going deeper and then it started to irritate me and I told her excuse me Ma'am I am here for a VAWA- I485 interview and I don't want to be reminded about my abuse and I am not sure of so many dates anymore...It is almost three years. Then she was like she knows but my I130 was denied, I didn't come in for an interview with my then husband. So, I told her I did and I spoke with an officer who held on to my I485 and all that.. Then she said oh it doesn't say so in my file.. she Asked where I did the interview?I told her.. she asked me so many annoying questions.. damn! She moved on to the I485 questions after I cleared that my I130 wasn't denied, my case just went from that to VAWA..I answered all the yes and no. Asked if I was divorced now, I said yes, gave her my decree, asked for my medicals, and asked if I wanted to add anything else... asked where I worked, address, and updated my name because I changed my name back to my maiden name after divorce..

She handed me a letter that my case is under review, she will let me know if she will be needing anything else in the mail and if she didn't, I will be getting my green card. At that point I was like whatever in my mind. But told her thanks and have a nice day. LOL. I was not expecting any reply or approval anytime soon. I felt she will delay it for some reasons, and I didn't want to be bothered at all today... I have been having a bad week. I just wanted to go on with my day like nothing happened. I was still curious though.. tried to check the case tracker few times but it has been acting up. It is not refreshing. Just tried it few minutes back before writing this and I saw "new card being produced" I am so so happy right now. Finally over!!!!!. I am very thankful to God. I am in LA, and its 3:10Pm right now... I don't know when exactly my case was updated but I left their office around 9:20 AM or so. I want to give @Stillwinning!!!😊 a special shout out for all her support and I pray you get your date soon 😘. And thanks to @sandra and everyone that has shared their journey with us. It has helped me so much. Thank you guys! 🙌🏽 God bless all of you. And I pray for good news for everyone waiting for their approvals. 

Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Shroy are you saying they were not able to schedule an infopass for you? I called them yesterday to schedule an infopass and they gave me some service codes saying an officer will call me to schedule me for an infopass..this is the second time I'm been scheduled..the first one was to change my address..that was October.💁

Yes they scheduled it 🙂 i missed it though so tomorrow i will call them again for a mew date

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Glory be to God in the highest!🙏🙏🙏 sometimes when things don't go smoothly..or as we envisaged, we don't realise it's all part of the divine plan! Congrats my dear dear friend! The best Christmas present ever!🌟🌟🙌👏👏👏😀😀😀😘

Thank you love. God's plan Is always the best. Come to think of it, I got my VAWA approved two days to my birthday in April! Wow...And getting green card approval few days to Christmas. 🙏

2 hours ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Congratulations!

Thank you so much

Timeline

Hello folks,

Hope everyone is doing alright. Please keep your faith strong and try to stay happy while waiting on approvals.

I have filed AOS and curious about interview wait time in Dallas TX. If anyone knows please share. Thank you 🙏 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, blujewel said:

Hi guys,I did my interview earlier today. It was for 7:30 AM. I was called in around 8:35 AM or so. The lady that interviewed me was kinda mean or I would say overly professional and doing too much. She started asking me about my marriage... she was asking me specific dates of what and where my ex husband and I visited.. I answered her and she kept going deeper and then it started to irritate me and I told her excuse me Ma'am I am here for a VAWA- I485 interview and I don't want to be reminded about my abuse and I am not sure of so many dates anymore...It is almost three years. Then she was like she knows but my I130 was denied, I didn't come in for an interview with my then husband. So, I told her I did and I spoke with an officer who held on to my I485 and all that.. Then she said oh it doesn't say so in my file.. she Asked where I did the interview?I told her.. she asked me so many annoying questions.. damn! She moved on to the I485 questions after I cleared that my I130 wasn't denied, my case just went from that to VAWA..I answered all the yes and no. Asked if I was divorced now, I said yes, gave her my decree, asked for my medicals, and asked if I wanted to add anything else... asked where I worked, address, and updated my name because I changed my name back to my maiden name after divorce..

She handed me a letter that my case is under review, she will let me know if she will be needing anything else in the mail and if she didn't, I will be getting my green card. At that point I was like whatever in my mind. But told her thanks and have a nice day. LOL. I was not expecting any reply or approval anytime soon. I felt she will delay it for some reasons, and I didn't want to be bothered at all today... I have been having a bad week. I just wanted to go on with my day like nothing happened. I was still curious though.. tried to check the case tracker few times but it has been acting up. It is not refreshing. Just tried it few minutes back before writing this and I saw "new card being produced" I am so so happy right now. Finally over!!!!!. I am very thankful to God. I am in LA, and its 3:10Pm right now... I don't know when exactly my case was updated but I left their office around 9:20 AM or so. I want to give @Stillwinning!!!😊 a special shout out for all her support and I pray you get your date soon 😘. And thanks to @sandra and everyone that has shared their journey with us. It has helped me so much. Thank you guys! 🙌🏽 God bless all of you. And I pray for good news for everyone waiting for their approvals. 

Congratulations! 🎊🎉🎈 

To God be the glory! We rejoice that our sister has completed her VAWA journey today.

We pray for the rest of our dear members here.

we’ve all been through a lot and we know God will crown our sincere efforts. 

7 hours ago, blujewel said:

Congratulations. Can you quickly run your timelines and your local office. We could learn one or two things there. Thank you 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Strife said:

Congratulations! 🎊🎉🎈 

To God be the glory! We rejoice that our sister has completed her VAWA journey today.

We pray for the rest of our dear members here.

we’ve all been through a lot and we know God will crown our sincere efforts. 

Amen! Thank you so much

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sunnyman said:

Congratulations. Can you quickly run your timelines and your local office. We could learn one or two things there. Thank you 

Thank you 🙏🏾

VAWA filed- October 2017

Received  4 prima facies
Local office- Santa ana

EAD 31 Approved- April 2019

Received my approval letter and Card few days after - I understand most got EAD C31 on time but their approval letters after a month or more. Mine wasn’t like that. I received my approval alongside with my EAD C 31

No RFEs at all for my VAWA process (submitted my statement, one affidavit from my neighbor where my husband and i lived, two affidavits from family and a friend. I did not have any police report but went for therapy sessions)

Courtesy Letter- July 2019 ( to get an updated medicals)

Interview scheduled - December 2019

Attended Interview- Dec 19

Approved- Same day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.