3,047 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, hopingwgrace said:

Hello friends,

I contacted USCIS about my EAD renewal (pending 485 with i 360) through the CS line 800-375-5283 and immediately informed me to write to VAWA in st. Alben to get the status on this case. I even asked for T2 officer or a supervisor and said no they won't able to help me. Anyone with a similar situation that can share their experience or info to help. I just received my 2nd prima facie.

Yes you have to write a letter to Vermont and ask for updates. Hotline representatives do not have access to our cases because of severity of our cases. 

1 hour ago, Ana FL said:

Such a great morning, getting ready to go pick up my mom from the airport and got a txt that my EAD was approved. This is the C9, not a vawa approval yet but I’m so happy to be able to get back to work!!! 

6F727D6A-41B2-4EB1-97FA-3DB6EBE8692D.jpeg

Congrats :-) they took 5 months to approve your I765. That is a long time 

28 minutes ago, Rcpc said:

Hi friends! My I-360 was received May 2018, I received a RFE in July 2018 for good moral character , sent back in September 2018, since then no change on my case, already 15 months and status never changed, still RFE was sent. 

we have seen May 2018 approvals. after RFE, they usually approve cases within 3 months. so yours approval is coming very soon 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

we have seen May 2018 approvals. after RFE, they usually approve cases within 3 months. so yours approval is coming very soon 

Dear house 

I am trying for the last 2 days USCIS web site is not opening is this the same on your side 

49 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear house 

I am trying for the last 2 days USCIS web site is not opening is this the same on your side 

yes it is down. 

28 minutes ago, hopingwgrace said:

Are you familiar with their time frames ?

Yes. last week i contacted them for infopass appointment so they said they cannot provide any information on my case

5 hours ago, hopingwgrace said:

Hello friends,

I contacted USCIS about my EAD renewal (pending 485 with i 360) through the CS line 800-375-5283 and immediately informed me to write to VAWA in st. Alben to get the status on this case. I even asked for T2 officer or a supervisor and said no they won't able to help me. Anyone with a similar situation that can share their experience or info to help. I just received my 2nd prima facie.

USCIS will not give any information over a the phone for a VAWA applicant, need to write directly to Vermont and even do in so they probably will not answer is best to contact your congress person to inquire on your behalf.. Google your congressperson 

21 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

USCIS will not give any information over a the phone for a VAWA applicant, need to write directly to Vermont and even do in so they probably will not answer is best to contact your congress person to inquire on your behalf.. Google your congressperson 

Yes I agree.. contact your congress person 

2 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear house 

I think they were carrying out system maintenance...it's still difficult to access the site..but I was able to as I got an update that my card has been delivered C9 EAD renewal. Keep trying😊👍

1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

yes it is down. 

Yes. last week i contacted them for infopass appointment so they said they cannot provide any information on my case

Shroy are you saying they were not able to schedule an infopass for you? I called them yesterday to schedule an infopass and they gave me some service codes saying an officer will call me to schedule me for an infopass..this is the second time I'm been scheduled..the first one was to change my address..that was October.💁

17 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@NeverGiveUp Nov17 do you in any way know if having a previously filed marriage based i485 makes any difference? The way I see it..after approval they all go back to the local office to join the queue! Didn't realise you're still waiting for your interview wow! I hope it happens soon for us all still waiting!🙏

Hi there!

well look at this... I contacted my congressperson to be sure that my pending I-485 has the new address that I filed and after they contact USCIS my file started  moving!!!! So I got 4 update on my case all of them based on I-485 different days, apparently they never move my filed until last month... so apparently it is in NBC waiting for interview schedule... so frustrating and the first notice letter they mailed to my old address (abuser’s address 😡) thanks God the USPS system works and they forwarded it to my safe address, can you believe that!!! I was mad!!!

regarding priority date... as far as I have found out...they might move the PD from I360 to the pending I485... Have you heard about that? I have not gotten any confirmation about that

Still waiting...

On 12/9/2019 at 4:07 AM, sandranj said:

You can renew now your work permit.

Hello Sandra, currently filling out the I-765 to renew my EAD. One number is asking for this:

"You Current Immigration Status or Category (for example, B-2 visitor, F-1 student, parolee, deferred action, or no status or category)"

Should I put what type of visa I used when I entered in the US?

1 hour ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Hi there!

well look at this... I contacted my congressperson to be sure that my pending I-485 has the new address that I filed and after they contact USCIS my file started  moving!!!! So I got 4 update on my case all of them based on I-485 different days, apparently they never move my filed until last month... so apparently it is in NBC waiting for interview schedule... so frustrating and the first notice letter they mailed to my old address (abuser’s address 😡) thanks God the USPS system works and they forwarded it to my safe address, can you believe that!!! I was mad!!!

regarding priority date... as far as I have found out...they might move the PD from I360 to the pending I485... Have you heard about that? I have not gotten any confirmation about that

Still waiting...

Oh great to see It's moving along..NBC will transfer to your local office that's where and when interview will be scheduled. The PD on my i360 is same as my i485. I believe regardless, it just joins a queue!💁 anyway keep us posted! I will do the same.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.