3,047 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Shroy123 said:

do you have an attorney? he can do it for you and yes, you need to write a letter to Vermont and explain them your situation. attach police report of stolen EAD and ask them to expedite. 

I do, 

I have a call with her at 10am tomorrow, i will tell her everything and she already has multiple letters about the situation.

Thank you Shroy :(

On 2/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, MGJ_NY said:

Congratulations! That was fast! I Filed my renewal on Nov 2019 and still waiting 😕

Did you file it in Vermont??? Just asking because my attorney filed it wrong last year and I’ve never got it... that’s why I am super surprise getting done in 5 week!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Formykid said:

Yes since i applied this is the first PF i get. I have never had RFE

I applied in August and did not get my 1st PF until December. It just came in the mail. No RFE, no issues. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
2 hours ago, balo101 said:

guys quick question,

Once you send vawa does USCIS required finger print?

I received a letter for fingerprint. is that normal? 

Yes, it is based on your other applications. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, lostgirl20 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have an unusual situation, I left the country a couple week ago with my EAD and it has since been stolen along with my passport. does anyone know what i can do to return to the US. I have a Vawa application pending 

What country are you in? You will have to go to your embassy and obtain another passport, then you can go to US Embassy and obtain a stamp to return to US. 

Dear friends, 

Good evening. I wanted to get your input and suggestions. My attorney just informed me that he received a denial notice for my I-485 application. Per the denial notice, the reason is I failed to attend an interview scheduled back in Nov 2019. But, I never received or was informed about any interview appt notice. Per the USCIS website, my I-485 application is still pending. No mention of an interview notice at all. As per the case status update, the latest information they have is that my fees were waived. 

The question is what is the probability that this denial notice was issued by mistake? 

My current options appear to be: 1) contact Ombudsman, 2) appeal the decison with the USCIS Appeals Admin Office and

3) re-file the I-485 application? 

Has anyone else faced this issue? 

Coincidentally my current work permit is also to expire in March 2020. So, this has now impacted my approval for a C09 based EAD card. If I file for a c31 based EAD card, how long would it take to get the receipt notice and finally the approval and EAD card? I understand the wait time is longer for c31 based EAD

I would appreciate anyone who can give me proper guidance regarding solutions and how to expedite the process? I would be grateful for any advice! 

2 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

I got the best news of my entire life today.

my case was approved today after responding to the rfe of good moral character and shared residence.

Thanks to wonderful people like Sandra,still winning and many who I reach to when I got the rfe.

Almost there guys 

C6C9F7E6-494D-4C78-AC9A-036DED2D724D.jpeg

Congratulations! please if you don’t mind, can you share your timeline

2 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Dear friends, 

Good evening. I wanted to get your input and suggestions. My attorney just informed me that he received a denial notice for my I-485 application. Per the denial notice, the reason is I failed to attend an interview scheduled back in Nov 2019. But, I never received or was informed about any interview appt notice. Per the USCIS website, my I-485 application is still pending. No mention of an interview notice at all. As per the case status update, the latest information they have is that my fees were waived. 

The question is what is the probability that this denial notice was issued by mistake? 

My current options appear to be: 1) contact Ombudsman, 2) appeal the decison with the USCIS Appeals Admin Office and

3) re-file the I-485 application? 

Has anyone else faced this issue? 

Coincidentally my current work permit is also to expire in March 2020. So, this has now impacted my approval for a C09 based EAD card. If I file for a c31 based EAD card, how long would it take to get the receipt notice and finally the approval and EAD card? I understand the wait time is longer for c31 based EAD

I would appreciate anyone who can give me proper guidance regarding solutions and how to expedite the process? I would be grateful for any advice! 

your i-485 is based on what? vawa or marriage? 

I had same issue when they denied my case because i did not proved enough proof during interview even though i did not have interview. My attorney dropped a letter to the field office to open the case which they did. I did not refile or appeal. 

1 minute ago, balo101 said:

your i-485 is based on what? vawa or marriage? 

I had same issue when they denied my case because i did not proved enough proof during interview even though i did not have interview. My attorney dropped a letter to the field office to open the case which they did. I did not refile or appeal. 

VAWA. So, what happens once you ask to reopen the case? how long do you have to wait? is your place in the line still the same? did you get the I-485 interview request? 

My file apparently says I did not attend the interview but I never received notice of an interview notice to begin with. Neither is it mentioned on the uscis case status update on their website. 

3 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

VAWA. So, what happens once you ask to reopen the case? how long do you have to wait? is your place in the line still the same? did you get the I-485 interview request? 

My file apparently says I did not attend the interview but I never received notice of an interview notice to begin with. Neither is it mentioned on the uscis case status update on their website. 

My situation was little different. I went for the interview that was based on marriage. We waited there for almost 6 hours. USCIS did not find my file therefore officer told me to go home and they will reschedule my interview. Instead of rescheduling they denied after 9 months. 

it tool almost 35 days for them to reopen the case. they put me in the same line as before. Ask your lawyer to send them a letter to reopen the case. 

4 minutes ago, balo101 said:

My situation was little different. I went for the interview that was based on marriage. We waited there for almost 6 hours. USCIS did not find my file therefore officer told me to go home and they will reschedule my interview. Instead of rescheduling they denied after 9 months. 

it tool almost 35 days for them to reopen the case. they put me in the same line as before. Ask your lawyer to send them a letter to reopen the case. 

omg that must have been so frustrating. i hope this time around, things work out for you! i hope you have good legal representation and an attorney you trust 100%, who fights hard for their clients. i hope you hear good news soon! 

Edited by namastenyc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.