3,047 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Formykid said:

Hi, 

I spoke to my attorney about the current date for LPR spouses to file '' i485 and i765" based on pending Vawa (i filed i360 december 2018).

She says i will have to pay the fee which is $ 1,225.00 right now. 

PS i haven't work for almost 4 years. (Never had work permit).

Is there someone who have had the i485 fee waived? 

Please let me know how to proceed. 

I filed everything with I-912...I feel you I was in the same shoes..

1 minute ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Yep! Same as yours... but as I didn’t get the notice I requested infopass and IO told me to update my medicals, My I485 is from Jun 2016... similar 

Sigh of relief.. i submitted medicals in 2016 when my ex wife filed for my i130. It has been more than 3 years. So i think its medical that i was expecting 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Got my I360 approval letter today woohoo!!!

Timeline:

Dec 2017 Filed I360 and I485

Aug 2019 - RFE

Sept 2019 - Submitted evidence

Jan 2020 - I360 approved

Feb 2020 - C31 EAD and 2 weeks later approval letter

I read some posts here but didn't really understand what does the deferred action notice mean that comes together with VAWA approval? I have I 485 pending since Dec 2017, no updates since submitted.

6 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Timeline:

Aug 2019 - RFE

Jan 2020 - I360 approved

I read some posts here but didn't really understand what does the deferred action notice mean that comes together with VAWA approval? I have I 485 pending since Dec 2017, no updates since submitted.

Congrats. Yes deferred action comes with vawa approval

9 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Timeline:

Aug 2019 - RFE

Jan 2020 - I360 approved

Good. Since VAWA approval alone doesn't adjust your status..the deferred action document puts you in low priority for removal until you can adjust status.👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Good. Since VAWA approval alone doesn't adjust your status..the deferred action document puts you in low priority for removal until you can adjust status.👍

Got it, thanks. Just thought it was weird since I did have I485 filed, why would I be on the removal list at all. But if that's just a standard thing its good then, thank you!

7 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Got it, thanks. Just thought it was weird since I did have I485 filed, why would I be on the removal list at all. But if that's just a standard thing its good then, thank you!

It's only when we receive our GC that we are recognized as Legal Residents. Until that happens..there's no real proof..not even VAWA approval. So yeah..you're welcome.☺👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/20/2020 at 12:01 AM, Loraa said:

thank you for answering. i have a question please. I made my medical  in September and i sent my VAWA in October .when do i need second medical report ? before VAWA approval or for interview? can USCIS get me interview without new medical report? if old report has been  expire date and? 

USCIS  extended the validity of the medical exam  to 2 years.

Timeline
On 2/20/2020 at 1:05 PM, maria betances said:

hello all,  i just received the receipt for my I360 Petition on feb 08 and i have my FP for feb 24. my question is do i need to wait for the to approve my I360 before i can send the I485?

THANKS

If your spouse is a U.S Citizen you can file form I-485  when you want ok.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Formykid said:

Hi, 

I spoke to my attorney about the current date for LPR spouses to file '' i485 and i765" based on pending Vawa (i filed i360 december 2018).

She says i will have to pay the fee which is $ 1,225.00 right now. 

PS i haven't work for almost 4 years. (Never had work permit).

Is there someone who have had the i485 fee waived? 

Please let me know how to proceed. 

Yes you can submit form I- 912 to waive the fees.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Good morning all has anyone ever receive a request for evidence for their I 485 after their vawa was approved? What evidence would they be asking for? I know one would say wait for the letter to come to see what they are asking for .. but I'm a nervous wreck!! 

Screenshot_20200222-080217__01.jpg

Edited by Islanderk
Edit photo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.