3,047 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Formykid said:

Hi, 

I spoke to my attorney about the current date for LPR spouses to file '' i485 and i765" based on pending Vawa (i filed i360 december 2018).

She says i will have to pay the fee which is $ 1,225.00 right now. 

PS i haven't work for almost 4 years. (Never had work permit).

Is there someone who have had the i485 fee waived? 

Please let me know how to proceed. 

yes the fees are $1225.00 unless you submit fee waiver. 

8 minutes ago, Formykid said:

Hi, 

I spoke to my attorney about the current date for LPR spouses to file '' i485 and i765" based on pending Vawa (i filed i360 december 2018).

She says i will have to pay the fee which is $ 1,225.00 right now. 

PS i haven't work for almost 4 years. (Never had work permit).

Is there someone who have had the i485 fee waived? 

Please let me know how to proceed. 

You can submit your AOS package with a fee waiver form I-912, is very common for Vawa applicant and any one who can't paid it and meet the requirements.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Shroy123 said:

yes the fees are $1225.00 unless you submit fee waiver. 

She says since I'm nor working I'm not going to be able to prove that I'm not making enough money, proving that i can't pay for the fee. 

4 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

So they sent me RFE on my i485. Do you guys think it could be medicals? 

FD3E304F-15C2-4EC6-9A01-C1A233C6B9CF.jpeg

So I'm guessing you just received it now? As we've been chatting here..anyway could be anything..for some people it's usually birth certificate...but it's best to wait and see for yourself. I hope it's something you can provide. Looks like your case is in NBC...not sure..but just looks like so.💁

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

So I'm guessing you just received it now? As we've been chatting here..anyway could be anything..for some people it's usually birth certificate...but it's best to wait and see for yourself. I hope it's something you can provide. Looks like your case is in NBC...not sure..but just looks like so.💁

Yes just got an update on i485. Getting RFEs after vawa approval is normal?

3 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Yes just got an update on i485. Getting RFEs after vawa approval is normal?

Yes it's normal..if you read past threads you'll see. I hope this doesn't add to the anxiety you talked about earlier..I'm not just saying it- but you'll be fine. It's nothing unusual.👍

46 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yes it's normal..if you read past threads you'll see. I hope this doesn't add to the anxiety you talked about earlier..I'm not just saying it- but you'll be fine. It's nothing unusual.👍

Received an update from my senator that my i485 is with NBC so you are right. They sent an RFE

They received a response that my local office will send me a letter once interview slot is ready for me.. 

30 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Received an update from my senator that my i485 is with NBC so you are right. They sent an RFE

They received a response that my local office will send me a letter once interview slot is ready for me.. 

Ok cool it's moving along. Perhaps it's for updated RFE...birth certificate...something along that line. Update us when you know.👍

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Ok cool it's moving along. Perhaps it's for updated RFE...birth certificate...something along that line. Update us when you know.👍

I will. I hope its something easy. like Birth certificate, pictures or medicals. I submitted my I485 on Dec 2017 and it has been more than 2 years now 

11 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

I never submitted my medicals to uscis

Same here!!! 2 months ago, I got the same update on my I485, but I never got the notice that’s why I requested an infopass app... so they sent me to update medicals!!! It is moving!!! 
let us know what it is!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.