3,047 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, maria betances said:

hello all,  i just received the receipt for my I360 Petition on feb 08 and i have my FP for feb 24. my question is do i need to wait for the to approve my I360 before i can send the I485?

THANKS

If your spouse is a USC then you can send it anytime before i360 approval!👍

14 hours ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Hi Guys... just want to share my experience... I had an Infopass appointment today... something weir...

almost 2 months ago, I got an update on my pending I485... a RFE... never got it... after submitting 2 e-request... contacting my congressperson... finally I got the infopass... my file supposed to be in my local office, San Francisco, so I went there today and the IO told me... oh your file is not here... it is in San Jose (another office) so IO was very kind and tried to help me, made me wait and after a while she called me back and said... I contacted San Jose office... apparently USCIS wanted to request some evidence, because your file is old and after that they decided to do not ask for that evidence... but I said... I got that update anyway!!! IO said... again... I contacted them and they will sent you a notice, go and update your medicals, also she was trying to tell me that they will send me the notice for interview and she said many times... go and renew your medicals...

Hope, I can get this done soon, tomorrow I will visit the same doctor office, where I've done my medicals almost 4 years ago... at least they have my records and let's see.... finger crossed!!!

Can you please explain me , since your AOS is base on VAWA why your local office send you an RFE.? And in that case what kind of evidence do you need to send for the I-485.?

1 hour ago, maria betances said:

hello all,  i just received the receipt for my I360 Petition on feb 08 and i have my FP for feb 24. my question is do i need to wait for the to approve my I360 before i can send the I485?

THANKS

if your spouse is USC, you can send i485 right now. If your spouse is LPR, you need to wait until your vawa gets approved. right now LPR dates are current so you can submit now but check website for any changes 

1 hour ago, maria betances said:

THANKS

No. You don't need to wait to file your I-485, if your spouse is US Citizen you can file and if your spouse is LPR you can also file F2A Visa are current for the month of February and March.  

Edited by FeDaniela

32 minutes ago, NianAm said:

Can you please explain me , since your AOS is base on VAWA why your local office send you an RFE.? And in that case what kind of evidence do you need to send for the I-485.?

Well, that was my concern... my pending I485 is before my vawa and already have interviews on that, so they put it on hold and after 3 years USCIS was asking for more evidence???? I have never gotten the RFE notice, that’s why I went to the infopass, but they couldn’t explain to me what it was about it... so still don’t know... IO said something like... oh they update your case asking for something and like they regretted it... using another words that was she told me... but It never crossed my mind as this case is confidential, she might not be able to tell me 😏

49 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Well, that was my concern... my pending I485 is before my vawa and already have interviews on that, so they put it on hold and after 3 years USCIS was asking for more evidence???? I have never gotten the RFE notice, that’s why I went to the infopass, but they couldn’t explain to me what it was about it... so still don’t know... IO said something like... oh they update your case asking for something and like they regretted it... using another words that was she told me... but It never crossed my mind as this case is confidential, she might not be able to tell me 😏

its okay. dont worry. it might be your W2s or tax return.. 

16 hours ago, sandranj said:

USCIS has 120 days to adjudicate the case after receiving the RFE answer, but they can take 8/9 months as well.

Did you read the RFE

No, my lawyer had it and said they asked for more affidavit of good moral character. After a few months, she asked me to go for CALDOJ background checks, which I did.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, DmytriiD said:

Good morning Community!
How are you all doing?
I have a quick question to you all! 
I am planning on moving to Houston, TX in 3 weeks due to a job offer.
Currently I live in California and local authorities issued me a DL (Real ID) for 5 years based on my current status (pending I485, I360 and EAD which I extend year by year).
So, I assume that TX is more strict and just checking if any of you live in TX and for how long you get a DL (Real ID) in TX being in our status? Only 1 year based on the expiration date of your EAD ?
Cause this is what I had living in Florida...only exactly till the exp date of EAD.
Anyways, would I be able to keep my California ID and still get a local DL or just ID in TX even for 1 year and then keep prolonging it. Will need it for proof of address purposes with banks and USCIS. How to do so ? Because I want to have this 5 years CA Real ID, it is great!
Any ideas and thoughts are welcome! Thank you :)

Hi Dmytrii, I live in CA too, what documents you had to show to dmv to get the real id? I have a pending i360 and got my prima facie.

thanks

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

if your spouse is USC, you can send i485 right now. If your spouse is LPR, you need to wait until your vawa gets approved. right now LPR dates are current so you can submit now but check website for any changes 

Hi, that would be a great opportunity. Being able to send my i485 now. Can you please give me more information about it please? Spouse is LPR 

I filed Vawa december 2018

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi

Since LPR spouse have to wait after approval to file i485. After you send the i485 do you have to wait for like 24 months to get an interview? Please. 

Any LPR spouse here who went to interview already? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.