3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/17/2020 at 3:31 AM, mrjoejeff said:

New here! Just adding my 2 cents for those who need more info.

My VAWA application was finally approved, after 2 years of processing. I received my new EAD a whole month before the approval was updated on USCIS's website. 

I filled form I360, I485, I765, G325 concurrently. I included my testimony, and a bunch of evidence. I had photos and screenshots. I did not have a police report. My biggest piece of evidence was a testimony of the guy my wife was having an affair with. He wrote a testimony to confirm how shitty she was to me. 

My case is a bit special as USCIS was suspecting to be a sham marriage. After a failed AOS interview, they showed up to my house and proceeded to investigating. They called my wife's family, every single members...My wife was pregnant, with someone else's baby, and made me think I was the father. 

After completing his report, the immigration officer called me and told me my application would get denied for sure. But he added that I would have a chance if I filled a self petition application. He also added that he put only good things about me in his report and there is nothing that incriminates me, but I would need SOLID evidence as my case had initially been flagged as a fraud.

I received my prima facie approximately a month after sending off my paperwork. I got my EAD 3 to 4 months afterwards. My prima facie was renewed twice, as well as my EAD. I received a new EAD under a different category. 

I hope my story can help y'all to not lose hope, and be patient.   

Considering that you wrote here your AOS is still pending. VSC center just adjudicated your I-360, the I-485 will be adjudicated by the local office. Get ready for a rough ride. 

Hi Guys... just want to share my experience... I had an Infopass appointment today... something weir...

almost 2 months ago, I got an update on my pending I485... a RFE... never got it... after submitting 2 e-request... contacting my congressperson... finally I got the infopass... my file supposed to be in my local office, San Francisco, so I went there today and the IO told me... oh your file is not here... it is in San Jose (another office) so IO was very kind and tried to help me, made me wait and after a while she called me back and said... I contacted San Jose office... apparently USCIS wanted to request some evidence, because your file is old and after that they decided to do not ask for that evidence... but I said... I got that update anyway!!! IO said... again... I contacted them and they will sent you a notice, go and update your medicals, also she was trying to tell me that they will send me the notice for interview and she said many times... go and renew your medicals...

Hope, I can get this done soon, tomorrow I will visit the same doctor office, where I've done my medicals almost 4 years ago... at least they have my records and let's see.... finger crossed!!!

Timeline
On 2/15/2020 at 12:58 AM, Firat(Tur) said:

@sandranj  Please sandra what do you think about my question? They gonna ask me on my aos interview. ? is there any law based on tax that uscis deny my aos even if I GOT my aprroval from wawa.

Under  Immigration Law a permanent resident must file a Federal tax return, and State tax as well.USCIS will not deny your AOS because you didn't file your tax .

Timeline
On 2/16/2020 at 2:49 AM, Tumiluv said:

Hello House, 

Congratulations on the approvals. 
I am August 2018 VAWA filer. I received an RFE in October 2018 and my lawyer said she sent in the additional evidence requested. I have not done any medical tests and haven’t seen a psychologist yet because my lawyer said I should hold on for now. I also have a pending asylum case.
My concern now is that my status has not been updated from additional evidence requested. 
Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Every time I ask my lawyer, she keeps telling me USCIS said my case is pending.

USCIS has 120 days to adjudicate the case after receiving the RFE answer, but they can take 8/9 months as well.

Did you read the RFE

Timeline
On 2/14/2020 at 7:02 PM, Loraa said:

Hi. When I sent my vawa in October, I received my prima facie. I have a question 

1. Does prima facie mean that my documents don’t need any additional Documents?
2. I see many people that they received EAD very soon after fingerprint. I did it January10 and still did not get my SSN and work permit 

3. after fingerprint online updated only my 765 and 485 and it shows :  Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken . Did not update still I -131

I know people that they got approval I-360 after sent in 7-9 month . I saw many people also that they waiting from 2017. Did anybody got approval from 2019? I really cannot wait long time. I miss my kids so much , My attorney told me will wait after sent from 7month , do I have a any chance to get it soon?

USCIS can issue an  RFE anytime before the adjudication.It does't mean because you got a prima facie your case will be approved. USCIS is taking 6/8months to issue the EAD.

Timeline
On 2/13/2020 at 8:06 PM, Justicemum said:

Am getting worried sick, I applied in July 2018, I have received my third Prima Facie about 3 weeks ago, no approval yet but have seen August approvals. I need your prayers family. I didn’t receive any RFE, I spoke to my friends attorney and he said it is not right that I have not received RFE so I should get my attorney to request for RFE. What do I do ??? Am loosing hope, my attorney is not being much of a help. I need your prayers, I have been through a lot.

Your attorney CANNOT request an RFE.

Tell the wannabe- attorney that google is his friend, and he can search about immigration Law without fear.

Timeline
On 2/12/2020 at 10:23 PM, jacobamanda63 said:

Thank you very much for your replying ! I feel much better . Do you mean I am safe to re entry with AP even I was overstayed so many years right .

I have never received any RFE during the waiting time . And case status was only fees waived until it changed to “ new card being produced “ . I thought my case was forgotten by USCIS  officer . 

Is there any chance if they send my case back to VSC again to review or revok it when AOS processing ? 

I was in marriage when I was applied VAWA , I did got finalized divorce decrees after couple months but not send in to VSC yet . Does this will cause any problem? 

Thank you very much again ! Wish all are well with you!

You SHOULD not travel with AP  if you have an asylum case;  entered without inspection and/or if you are  in removal proceedings.

Vawa can be revoked, but they revoke just in extreme cases such as, if you got married while your VAWA was pending, if you committed a felony, or a crime of moral turpitude or if you  had a sham marriage.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Considering that you wrote here your AOS is still pending. VSC center just adjudicated your I-360, the I-485 will be adjudicated by the local office. Get ready for a rough ride. 

Rough ride? this whole process has been a rough ride. Plus I have been literally investigated by the local office; nothing gets worse than that. I am not tripping at all :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
19 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Can i request for my I485 case update on USCIS website by service request?

It will allow you to make the request but then you will receive a response in the mail that they cannot give out info. 

My advice: go to info pass if your file is at your local office, otherwise inquire through your congressman. I think this is how I got my interview. I knew my file was at my local office and they were missing an AR11 form. So I just went in and handed it to the officer. I told him I had submitted this form many times and they wouldn't update. A week later I got my interview notice.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Hi Guys... just want to share my experience... I had an Infopass appointment today... something weir...

almost 2 months ago, I got an update on my pending I485... a RFE... never got it... after submitting 2 e-request... contacting my congressperson... finally I got the infopass... my file supposed to be in my local office, San Francisco, so I went there today and the IO told me... oh your file is not here... it is in San Jose (another office) so IO was very kind and tried to help me, made me wait and after a while she called me back and said... I contacted San Jose office... apparently USCIS wanted to request some evidence, because your file is old and after that they decided to do not ask for that evidence... but I said... I got that update anyway!!! IO said... again... I contacted them and they will sent you a notice, go and update your medicals, also she was trying to tell me that they will send me the notice for interview and she said many times... go and renew your medicals...

Hope, I can get this done soon, tomorrow I will visit the same doctor office, where I've done my medicals almost 4 years ago... at least they have my records and let's see.... finger crossed!!!

I also went for an infopass (Jan 21st) and a week later (Jan 27) I received my interview notice for Feb 10th. 

it barely gave me time to find a civil surgeon who gave results  so fast (less than a week)

It is up to you if you want to update your medicals. Good luck!!

1 hour ago, nap_o said:

I also went for an infopass (Jan 21st) and a week later (Jan 27) I received my interview notice for Feb 10th. 

it barely gave me time to find a civil surgeon who gave results  so fast (less than a week)

It is up to you if you want to update your medicals. Good luck!!

Thank you @nap_o!!! Believe me I’m pretty sure that the IO was pushing me to update the medicals because they will send me the interview notice, It was like she wanted to tell me but she couldn’t... something like that

5 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Thank you @nap_o!!! Believe me I’m pretty sure that the IO was pushing me to update the medicals because they will send me the interview notice, It was like she wanted to tell me but she couldn’t... something like that

So do you wanna take a chance and get the medicals done? I've read of people who upon getting the interview letter, do not have enough time to get the medicals done. Although it's always best to do it when you receive the notice..but looks like the officer is convinced you'll be fine..from the interaction💁 so make up your mind.☺

1 hour ago, nap_o said:

It will allow you to make the request but then you will receive a response in the mail that they cannot give out info. 

My advice: go to info pass if your file is at your local office, otherwise inquire through your congressman. I think this is how I got my interview. I knew my file was at my local office and they were missing an AR11 form. So I just went in and handed it to the officer. I told him I had submitted this form many times and they wouldn't update. A week later I got my interview notice.  

It may just be coincidental that you got the interview notice shortly after the infopass..as infopass itself doesn't hasten or help you get the notice faster. So many people have gone for infopass, congressman, letters, ombudsman  etc but still waiting.💁

hello all,  i just received the receipt for my I360 Petition on feb 08 and i have my FP for feb 24. my question is do i need to wait for the to approve my I360 before i can send the I485?

THANKS

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It may just be coincidental that you got the interview notice shortly after the infopass..as infopass itself doesn't hasten or help you get the notice faster. So many people have gone for infopass, congressman, letters, ombudsman  etc but still waiting.💁

Ohh I see. Yeah, guessing it was a lucky coincidence 🍀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.