3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

C31 EAD needs to have either the fees paid or a fee waiver form attached that gets approved. You can file it up to 180 days prior to expiration. After you file you will get a NOA which also serves as a 180 day extension for your old card.Β 

Thank you very much for your quick response@ VillanelleΒ 

Edited by MarSam701

1 hour ago, Loraa said:

Hi. When I sent my vawa I paid 1225$ when I received receipt it showed me that form I-485 was paid and I-765, 131 and 360(I know it’s free) fees waived . It’s normal?

2. Also I have Coney Island’s(Brooklyn) free clinic card. I have my PCA doctor. I heard that after February 24 is coming new low about Medicare . Will I have any problem ? I pay only 20$ per visit. Do I need cancel my clinic card? I have my prima facie also and I never keep it

Why do you have to pay ? Can't you get some type of insurance through NY state of health ?Β 

1 hour ago, Loraa said:

Hi. When I sent my vawa I paid 1225$ when I received receipt it showed me that form I-485 was paid and I-765, 131 and 360(I know it’s free) fees waived . It’s normal?

2. Also I have Coney Island’s(Brooklyn) free clinic card. I have my PCA doctor. I heard that after February 24 is coming new low about Medicare . Will I have any problem ? I pay only 20$ per visit. Do I need cancel my clinic card? I have my prima facie also and I never keep it

I used my prima facie and I got coverage through NY easilyΒ 

2 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Yes you need to either pay the fees for the 131 or send in a fee waiver I912 with it.Β  Do not leave blank parts- you can either put in an estimated travel date/plans or simply write unknown.Β  Also it is a bad idea to try to move where immigration offices have quicker interview slots opening. Mostly because processing and wait times are always changing. Local offices cover a pretty big radius as well. The best thing you can do is live your life and just let the immigration stuff process in the background.Β 

Thank you very much for your quick replying .

Β  Β Which services center I need to send these AP applications in ?Β 

Β  Β Also I only received one Prima Facie but already expired and never got any one new even I wrote letter to request one .Β 

Β  Β Do I still need to write one letter to request new Prima Facie to VSC after my VAWA case was approved ? Because I need it to apply health insurance for my children ,they don’t have health insurance now.Β 

Β  Β  Thank you very much !Β 

Β  Β 

Hello everybody,

Β 

Although sandranj ,Β Villanelle and other collaborators indicated that applicants to the Permanent Residence (Green Card) are exempt from being considered a public charge, it is not clear to me if an individual who obtained permanent residence through Vawa, at the time of applying for American Citizenship (Naturalization) is also exempt from being considered a public charge.

Β 

I appreciate if Sandra, Villanelle or someone with knowledge on the subject helps me to understand better.

Β 

Thank you.

Timeline
On 2/17/2020 at 10:06 PM, LonelyButHopeful said:

Hi guys please I need your help.

Β 

I just submitted VAWA and received receipt notice in mail a week ago. I have a pending i130 and i485Β  based on marriage went to interview and was told to submit receipt notice once vawa has been submitted. I wrote to them a month ago that I needed more time because I don't have the needed documents yet. Today got a letter that says my application got denied for the i130 and i485... I'm so worried please help me I don't know what to do.

I went to my interview alone as well they told me to submit notice that I applied for vawa they gave me few mths and I waited for the vawa letter that stated that they received my application. Then I sent it in to them. So how long was it why u had to ask for more time. Because they give u like 5 mths wait?Β 

Timeline
Just now, Gi Gi said:

I went to my interview alone as well they told me to submit notice that I applied for vawa they gave me few mths and I waited for the vawa letter that stated that they received my application. Then I sent it in to them. So how long was it why u had to ask for more time. Because they give u like 5 mths wait?Β 

It should be fine if they denied u. Because ur doing vawa. Idk just assumingΒ 

Timeline
13 hours ago, nap_o said:

I don't know, it was in my interview notice: "All expired passports"Β 

Β 

My interview was in West Palm Beach and it took about 6 months for them to schedule my interview. West Palm Beach has a lesser case load compared to Miami Dade and Browars county - I'd recommend going for an inforpass once you reach 5 months.Β 

Β 

Good luckΒ πŸ˜ƒ

Thank u. I got these today ntn that tells me to go do a medical or indicates a date for an interview. So I’m confused. Am I still on the right track?Β 

F2D4AA2F-D170-4E75-9EA2-E23C17CC8FFC.jpeg

7B06425D-86EF-4516-8DA2-9B1C145DFD94.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, Gi Gi said:

Thank u. I got these today ntn that tells me to go do a medical or indicates a date for an interview. So I’m confused. Am I still on the right track?Β 

F2D4AA2F-D170-4E75-9EA2-E23C17CC8FFC.jpeg

7B06425D-86EF-4516-8DA2-9B1C145DFD94.jpeg

@Stillwinning!!!😊

37 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

Hi they only gave me 12 weeks (3 months) and then I had some problems with the background check.. :(

On 2/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, FeDaniela said:

Recently USCIS if they issue EAD C31 and you already have a pending EAD C09 renewal they will denied the C09 base one... But this does not happens every time, they sometimes issue both of them.Β  Also after sending your renewal on time you will have 180 days extension i think you will have no gap.Β 

@Sabina O

Edited by Sk1992

Hi guys!

Β I just found this in a Vawa group on FB... do you think could be true? Getting GC with no interview?

btw, we are so lucky to be part of this forum and have @sandranjΒ here to advise... some other groups are terrible πŸ˜– no judgement just feeling blessed 😊

C2F67B9A-B5B8-466A-9000-BD2A52E1ACDB.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi I filed my vawa june 2018 receive my ead31 dec 17,2019 but still no approval letter do you know when will I get one?

Edited by Enoughsaid

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 2/16/2020 at 7:32 PM, Sabrina42 said:

Hi everyone, congratulations to Β all who received approval and may God grant the heart desires of us all. I have a question please. I got my ead card in Dec.Β and approval letter in January . I want to move into my space because i have been living with a friend and her family since this journey . I’m in Texas . How do i start building credit and for how long? I do not want a co-signer. Thanke

There are a lot of you tube channels with how to about credit. The best are Credit Shifu and Graham Stephan.
Also I strongly recommend you myfico forum! You can talk to people and find people with similar profile to yours and get advice from experienced gurus! This is what I am doing. I started building 1 year ago and now my scores are 750+. But remember, you have to plan every move in credit, you never want to be denied for a card because it affects your history for 2 years after that. So each application should be planned upfront. I currently have a schedule for next 3 years including every CC application, car loan and house loan. Also credit cards are a nice thing cause you get point and redeem for travel and get a lot of value from it! I love it!

5 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

Hi Gi Gi, it's the deffered action document that usually accompanies the approval notice. At least that's how some of us received ours. This puts you in low priority for removal..kind of an immunity, giving you time to adjust status. When you receive the instruction for medical you will know. Cheers.β˜ΊπŸ‘

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.