3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
33 minutes ago, NianAm said:

hello everyone I have a question about how long do you have to wait when you receive your C31 and your case transfer to your local office.? also I just receive my C31 two days ago when are they going to send the approval letter.? 

Theoretically 2-3 weeks for approval letter, then up to a month for USCIS to transfer your I485 to NBC, then up to 45 days for NBC to transfer it to your local office. Then 5-10 months for EOS interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Matou said:

Can’t find it I leave in New York can u check for me or provide me their phone number, cus I tapé on google but it showing me something else 

I don’t live in New York . Am on the south . 70 percent applicants on here are New York residents . But, this can help you find your congressperson . https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members

51 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Theoretically 2-3 weeks for approval letter, then up to a month for USCIS to transfer your I485 to NBC, then up to 45 days for NBC to transfer it to your local office. Then 5-10 months for EOS interview.

Thanks my dear.. is it possible that I-485 got approved at NBC and they just request your new recent Medical and ship the GC.?

19 minutes ago, NianAm said:

Thanks my dear.. is it possible that I-485 got approved at NBC and they just request your new recent Medical and ship the GC.?

Usually NBC transfers to your local office where an interview is scheduled. There have been rumours of approval without interview on rare occasions but an interview is usually required for majority of the cases. Depending on your field office and pace of workload there, it can take anywhere from 5-10 or even 12months for an interview to be scheduled..like we've seen in New York. Just be watchful and patient, it will come dear😊👍

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Usually NBC transfers to your local office where an interview is scheduled. There have been rumours of approval without interview on rare occasions but an interview is usually required for majority of the cases. Depending on your field office and pace of workload there, it can take anywhere from 5-10 or even 12months for an interview to be scheduled..like we've seen in New York. Just be watchful and patient, it will come dear😊👍

Ok thanks. Yes I know a Lady who was approve without interview after NBC request a new Birth certificate. Can your congressman speed up the interview process to get a date faster.? I really want to travel to my home country to see my Dad he is sick and very old.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 2/12/2020 at 8:45 PM, nap_o said:

My officer was very serious. She did not ask about VAWA.

She asked all the addresses I’ve lived (all the ones listed on my I-485) and most recent one then asked about both my parents names after that she asked if I’ve ever been arrested, and all the yes/no questions in the I-485.

She also asked my marital status.

At the end she gave me a piece of paper saying my case needed further review; she said if she needed extra information they would notify me by mail otherwise she would try to make a decision the same – which she did, about 3 hours after my interview my case changed to: “New Card Being Produced”

Today my case was updated saying they approved my case & “New card was mailed” 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:28 AM, Godschild said:

What was your timeline? What did they ask you? 

Hi there! See my response above. Additionally she asked for updated medicals & I864w form 

My time Line: 

• VAWA Receipt date: Sept 22 2017
  • VAWA Approved: Aug 8 2019
  • Received 2 RFE in my VAWA and 4 prima facies
  • Interview Notice: Jan 27 2020:
  • Interview date: Feb 10 2020
  • Green card approved: Feb 10 2020

Good luck in your journey, be patient. Everything is possible in the name of the Lord. 

Dear house,

My lawyer mailed response RFE last week and it showed received. Early this week, I found the package she mailed missing one of index and one page of my affidavit. There are some quit important information on both pages. My lawyer told me today that she mailed the two missing pages to Vermont this morning. 

I was been told that you can’t mail two responses RFE, you need to mail all the materials at the same time. I am so worried about my case been mess up with the missing pages. And does anyone know if it is Ok to mail the missing pages to Vermont after they already received my response? Do I need to call info pass to see if the package really missing that two pages? Any suggestions that I could make up for my lawyer’s careless?

Many thanks!

15 hours ago, Justicemum said:

Am getting worried sick, I applied in July 2018, I have received my third Prima Facie about 3 weeks ago, no approval yet but have seen August approvals. I need your prayers family. I didn’t receive any RFE, I spoke to my friends attorney and he said it is not right that I have not received RFE so I should get my attorney to request for RFE. What do I do ??? Am loosing hope, my attorney is not being much of a help. I need your prayers, I have been through a lot.

Do not worry, they still working on all 2018 Vawa cases, you practically still under processing time 18.5 to 23.5 months, the month to issue an inquiry is March 3, 2018. So even if your congressman inquiry they will answer you still under the processing time range. I'm form June 2018 i was approve on December 31st, EAD C31 received on January and approval notice in February.... I think you will have an update soon. Just because you see months after your date been approve does not mean something is wrong.... Don't let that take away your peace. :) 

1 hour ago, NianAm said:

Ok thanks. Yes I know a Lady who was approve without interview after NBC request a new Birth certificate. Can your congressman speed up the interview process to get a date faster.? I really want to travel to my home country to see my Dad he is sick and very old.

We usually contact them if our cases are out of processing times..or to know the status of our petitions..but hey you never know the real effect it has on speeding up your application..the AP can be expedited on emergency situations..but I don't think the Greencard can. Give it a go..I'm always positive.😊👍

26 minutes ago, Orangeland said:

Dear house,

My lawyer mailed response RFE last week and it showed received. Early this week, I found the package she mailed missing one of index and one page of my affidavit. There are some quit important information on both pages. My lawyer told me today that she mailed the two missing pages to Vermont this morning. 

I was been told that you can’t mail two responses RFE, you need to mail all the materials at the same time. I am so worried about my case been mess up with the missing pages. And does anyone know if it is Ok to mail the missing pages to Vermont after they already received my response? Do I need to call info pass to see if the package really missing that two pages? Any suggestions that I could make up for my lawyer’s careless?

Many thanks!

It may not be viewed as two different responses when it's looked into..the documents were mailed in successions so the officer will know especially if your lawyer included a cover letter explaining the situation. If there's no cover letter..you/your attorney should write to Vermont with the missing documents explaining in detail your circumstance and the situation. It shouldn't be a problem.👍

26 minutes ago, Orangeland said:

Dear house,

Many thanks!

It shouldn't be a problem,  Vermont  is very open to received new evidence mail they mentioned on the I-360 receipt, people sent evidence using the a blue paper that comes with prima facie and others with a copy of the receipt and they accepted, If RFE evidence are sent before that time frame is should be ok, A problem will be when RFE evidence are not in that time frame asked. 

The important thing is to received all evidence the will completed the case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.