3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

They just basically go over your i485 to ensure everything is in order..majority of the times, it's approved on the spot..other times it undergoes further review which can take months...do your part, make sure your medical is updated, all pre-requested RFEs turned in..you should be fine.👍

Okay thank u. I went to my I-485 before too so this would be my second hopefully some miracle happen and they just sent the green card and no interview 🤣😂

8 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

Okay thank u. I went to my I-485 before too so this would be my second hopefully some miracle happen and they just sent the green card and no interview 🤣😂

Years ago..If I read correctly here, an approved VAWA is enough to get a greencard..no interview..but these days you have to attend the interview regardless! Most of us here myself included went for our marriage based interview and will still be attending the self petition based interview as well!👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Years ago..If I read correctly here, an approved VAWA is enough to get a greencard..no interview..but these days you have to attend the interview regardless! Most of us here myself included went for our marriage based interview and will still be attending the self petition based interview as well!👍

Ok okay sounds great none the less 

Filed: Other Timeline

Guys - who have had or heard about denial notices sent straight to an applicant without RFE? My case was submitted before Nov 18th 2018 (new policy to send NTA when I-360 is denied). My lawyer was particular to submit the case before this date to reduce risk of NTA in case of denial. God bless All!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, Blackgloves said:

Am new here and am going straight to the point . 
ive been married to a USC wife and still married since May 2018 . I filed my AOS with her and I was called for interview. It was a long interview and I was asked about my divorce from back home (my country ) . The immigration interviewer asked me why I put married when renewing my Dropbox visa when I was already divorced from my first wife. I explained it was my visa agent who renewed my visa and didn’t know I was divorced then . Then the interview got heated and the lady asked my wife infront of me If she would like to continue with the marriage or cancel the marriage and application. My wife stood her ground and said she loves me and was standing by me and that she knew about my first marriage and kids from back home . 

Two months after the interview, I received an RFE asking me to prove my marriage was really null and void from back home . I sent in the final divorce documents and court papers showing my marriage was really done . And USCIS received it and about 8 months later I received another RFE asking me for the same thing but that they needed a more better evidence showing my marriage was really legally done from back home . i sent it in and it took over 9 months and I received another letter from USCIS saying my applications were cancelled and I was given 30 days to leave the country , January 13th 2020 makes it 30 days actually. 

These put a big strain on my marriage here since after the interview. My wife made me leave the house and pay rent too while outside and threatened to divorce and call immigration on me . It’s a long long story of ill treatment after the interview from my wife . 

I was asked to refile my AOS and prove my divorce from back home by two attorneys. But, my marriage here is very shaky and on the verge of divorce. What’s the probability that she won’t leave when I refile the AOS

Am resorting to Vawa because I was so traumatized after that interview by wife here. Since I’ve been asked to leave the country, Will this affect my vawa if I file for one . 

Sup bro.. The reason why you got all this problem was that the Divorce decree was not clear with USCIS , I mean the group or persons that process ur divorce decree had done a bad job, USCIS now confirms divorce decree it happened to my very good friend, same thing that has happened to you happened to him too he was asked to refile  his AOS and bring a proper divorce Decree .. USCIS went ahead of him and contacted his country to confirm the divorce decree and they came back with a News that it wasn’t legal Divorce ... cry and beg your wife, lick her legs so she files again for you , no matter what she is a lady she will listen to you..

This is my thoughts for you brother.... 

1 minute ago, Modu said:

Sup bro.. The reason why you got all this problem was that the Divorce decree was not clear with USCIS , I mean the group or persons that process ur divorce decree had done a bad job, USCIS now confirms divorce decree it happened to my very good friend, same thing that has happened to you happened to him too he was asked to refile  his AOS and bring a proper divorce Decree .. USCIS went ahead of him and contacted his country to confirm the divorce decree and they came back with a News that it wasn’t legal Divorce ... cry and beg your wife, lick her legs so she files again for you , no matter what she is a lady she will listen to you..

This is my thoughts for you brother.... 

thanks for you advice and am working with my wife again on that 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Blackgloves said:

thanks for you advice and am working with my wife again on that 

It’s the best option .. God will see you through in Jesus name Amen .. make sure you get a proper and 100percent legit divorce decree this time around pls .,, 😘😘😘

Hello family,

as you could remember I post on Friday that after 18 months of waiting, I got an email saying that a RFE was sent. 

I got the letter today, it’s just about GMC. They said I came to US in 2016 and I filed on July 2018 which means a police clerance from my country was needed but I didn’t summit ( I didn’t know that)

I want to summit as many documents as possible as I’m afraid to get deny if I don’t give them enough prove of my GMC.

i hope you can help me base in your expierence what should I send.

thanks in advance 🙏🏼

@sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Apple90 said:

See the photo when I try to pm you it says u can’t receive messages 

A504B399-2CC7-4F7F-8D1B-4C1C111600CF.png

It's odd because I received pm today.I will email you my cellphone number, but if you have an attorney representing you then I can't talk to you.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Hello family,

as you could remember I post on Friday that after 18 months of waiting, I got an email saying that a RFE was sent. 

I got the letter today, it’s just about GMC. They said I came to US in 2016 and I filed on July 2018 which means a police clerance from my country was needed but I didn’t summit ( I didn’t know that)

I want to summit as many documents as possible as I’m afraid to get deny if I don’t give them enough prove of my GMC.

i hope you can help me base in your expierence what should I send.

thanks in advance 🙏🏼

@sandranj

You need to get a police clearance from your Country. If for some reason your Country does not issue a police clearance without your presence  then find the Law about this rule and submit to USCIS.

Make a "declaration of good moral character " stating that you are a person with good moral character, and  mention that you were never arrested, cited, charged or sentenced in your Country or worldwide. Put in your declaration  notarized declarationI declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct

Hello Fellow Filers! Happy New Year everyone! 

Does anybody know what month they are now processing for VAWA? I filed for a year now (Dec 2018 is when I filed). Also, one question my EAD and AP will expire on May this year, should I start requesting renewal now so i will be on time? I am working right now and wanted to make sure my EAD is not expired while I am working.

Waiting for Vawa approval is painful :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.