3,047 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm going to file for VAWA next week. I just wanted to make sure that I have everything I need to file please let me know if I am missing anything.. here are what's included in the packet I will send:

- Completed I-360 Form

- Background Checks from the places I lived in in the past 3 years

- Personal statement

- Psychological evaluation

- 5 sworn affidavits from family and friends

- Copy of marriage license

- Proof of spouses' us citizenship (copy of his front page passport)

- Proof of bona fide marriage (photos, cards)

- Proof of abuse (photos, screen capture of emails and texts)

Also a little background:

My husband applied I-130 and I-485 for me. I went to the marriage-based AOS interview alone and the officer put my case on hold. I also came in using B2 visa on June 2018.

Thank you all

Edited by LonelyButHopeful

17 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Applied for vawa (I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131) in Nov 2018. Did not submit a lot of documents and no affidavit. Received initial request for evidence to quality for prima facie  couple months after (in Jan 2019). 2 things requested to provide more evidence for were GOC and good faith marriage. USCIS phrases it "you are invited to provide".

Attorney is telling me to not care about initial request for evidence but wait for official RFE to provide more proof / documents. 

What are your thoughts, community? I have a lot of proof but am told to wait until RFE and disregard initial request for evidence for prima facie (I will not be using public benefits even if have it).

Thank you very much and hope for feedback. God bless All!

Why you want to wait for RFE? it will delay your case. If you think you have more proofs to send, do it. Make sure to attach that blue receipt you received along with your prima facie 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LonelyButHopeful said:

Hello everyone, I'm going to file for VAWA next week. I just wanted to make sure that I have everything I need to file please let me know if I am missing anything.. here are what's included in the packet I will send:

- Completed I-130 Form

- Background Checks from the places I lived in in the past 3 years

- Personal statement

- Psychological evaluation

- 5 sworn affidavits from family and friends

- Copy of marriage license

- Proof of spouses' us citizenship (copy of his front page passport)

- Proof of bona fide marriage (photos, cards)

- Proof of abuse (photos, screen capture of emails and texts)

Also a little background:

My husband applied I-130 and I-485 for me. I went to the marriage-based AOS interview alone and the officer put my case on hold. I also came in using B2 visa on June 2018.

Thank you all

FORM I-360 NOT I-130! 

When was your interview? usually they give you 30 days after place the I 485 on hold to show proof that you filed for VAWA.

Edited by John_

2 hours ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Hi everyone! Happy new year to all of you! 

I am a July 2018 filer, today I checked my statute and unfortunately after 18 months they’re asking me adicional evidence.

Do you know how long it will take to get the letter? I’m trying to not losing hope but it is very frustrating :( 

Im guessing they will ask me prove of GMC since I did not send my record from my home country (I learned about that here :() 

within 2 weeks. I hope it is only GMC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, ponak98 said:

Thank you Gi Gi!  Are you in this with a help of lawyer? Most time I feel I can do it myself. My lawyer is always busy (deportations, courts and etc). Feels like she does not care about a case until it get really bad.

Do lawyers really care?

I did everything on my own. Even when I was filing under my husband I did it myself and went to my interview alone with God. And I filed vawa all ok my own. A lawyer was charging 5 k each (for my daughter and self) mind u vawa is free for the abused. Everything is self explanatory via internet 

Filed: Other Timeline
52 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Why you want to wait for RFE? it will delay your case. If you think you have more proofs to send, do it. Make sure to attach that blue receipt you received along with your prima facie 

Agree with you and that is why I dont get it why my lawyer is so slow. I paid the full amount for service so am stuck with this lawyer.

What is this blue receipt and I did not get any prima facie.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Hi everyone! Happy new year to all of you! 

I am a July 2018 filer, today I checked my statute and unfortunately after 18 months they’re asking me adicional evidence.

Do you know how long it will take to get the letter? I’m trying to not losing hope but it is very frustrating :( 

Im guessing they will ask me prove of GMC since I did not send my record from my home country (I learned about that here :() 

My dear am happy for you that it’s not a denial but RFE ... RFE is not a bad thing, when u get the letter respond to their request and you would be approved afterwards.. I guess u have a work permit already , so hold on to the work permit while this period goes by.. the lord is ur strength dear bless u

6 minutes ago, Modu said:

My dear am happy for you that it’s not a denial but RFE ... RFE is not a bad thing, when u get the letter respond to their request and you would be approved afterwards.. I guess u have a work permit already , so hold on to the work permit while this period goes by.. the lord is ur strength dear bless u

Thank you so much for your kind words, you just reminded me the power of God! I was down all day as I received the email but you are so right, I’ll trust the lord and his perfect time no matter what! 

I’ll wait until I receive the letter and I will post again what they’re asking! 

This group is such a blessing, it’s wonderful all the support that you can find here.

God bless you all and praying for every single case to be approved 🙏🏼

I need some help, 

it is so complicated to get the police clearance from my country so I started asking it back in 2018 just in case I would need it later, I have it but the date is 07/2018. Does the police clearance from my country expire? Even if I haven’t left U.S.A. since then and haven’t gone to my home country neither? 

@sandranj

thanks in advance 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Thank you so much for your kind words, you just reminded me the power of God! I was down all day as I received the email but you are so right, I’ll trust the lord and his perfect time no matter what! 

I’ll wait until I receive the letter and I will post again what they’re asking! 

This group is such a blessing, it’s wonderful all the support that you can find here.

God bless you all and praying for every single case to be approved 🙏🏼

You are always welcome Sweety ..... 😘😘😘

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.