dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lehcim said:

It's a conservative estimate they give. We got DQ yesterday and submitted somewhere early December. Obviously, that doesn't mean they're working on that date, just for us.

Congrats on DQ.

When did you submit your documents, you think.

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lehcim said:

It's a conservative estimate they give. We got DQ yesterday and submitted somewhere early December. Obviously, that doesn't mean they're working on that date, just for us.

Any tips on how to get DQ on the first try? I'd hate to wait another few weeks for little/silly mistakes. Thank you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
40 minutes ago, SC97 said:

Any tips on how to get DQ on the first try? I'd hate to wait another few weeks for little/silly mistakes. Thank you :)

Only tips really to give is just to make sure you have everything that you need submitted. Not everyone always needs the same exact documents so it’s hard to really say

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

8 hours ago, SC97 said:

Yeah it's all about following the steps outlined precisely. For example, don't think "the few millimeters missing from my scan are no big deal". Basically, don't "think" or "assume", do exactly as the website tells you. 

8 hours ago, wifidolly said:

Congrats on DQ.

When did you submit your documents, you think.

December 2nd I think. Give or take 2 or 3 days. 

16 minutes ago, Kay30 said:

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to give all who are waiting a bit of hope. I follow this thread for a whe but just signed up today so I could write this.

Received case number October 25th

Submitted documents November 7th(due to wait on police certificate from Jamaica being delayed)

Any how.

I decided I would call NVC this morning December 30 and demand to speak to a supervisor because its been over 7 weeks waiting. ( Atleast that was the plan) when I called I was on hold for over an hour.  The lady came on and I started going on and on and telling her it has been over 7 weeks.  Then she started laughing I was like what the hell. Then she said ma'am your documents were all accepted today December 30.

Just say I never received an email,

So I logged in CEAC and there it was.

There is light at the end of the tunnel..

does that depend on the country? because I plan on calling today to see how long to wait till they accept mines. 

16 minutes ago, Kay30 said:

19 minutes ago, Kay30 said:

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to give all who are waiting a bit of hope. I follow this thread for a whe but just signed up today so I could write this.

Submitted documents November 7th(due to wait on police certificate from Jamaica being delayed)

Any how.

I decided I would call NVC this morning December 30 and demand to speak to a supervisor because its been over 7 weeks waiting. ( Atleast that was the plan) when I called I was on hold for over an hour.  The lady came on and I started going on and on and telling her it has been over 7 weeks.  Then she started laughing I was like what the hell. Then she said ma'am your documents were all accepted today December 30.

mine submitted nov 8th no response yet 😥😥😥

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kay30 said:

Make sure you login to CEAC  because I never got an email.

Just so I understand, your documents were DQ and you never got an email? So strange... have you ever received an email from the NVC before?

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

23 minutes ago, Kay30 said:

Hello Guys,

Any how.

Thank you for sharing definitely gives hope 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kay30 said:

Literally just got 2 emails. 

One said case was DQ the other said waiting for interview 

Ok, got it... Thanks

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.