dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

Since it’s almost certain they’ll reject it because of the e-signature, I would save yourself time (whether it’s just a few weeks or a few days saved) and upload the fixed one now 

I have the same problem my husband used e-signature and does not want to re-upload until advise by the NVC. He is convinced that they will approve it with e-signature😅. So I have no choice but to wait and prove him wrong but that will add extra time to the review process. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sinka13 said:

Thank you so much. We are waiting for second message from 2. Maybe anyone got an issue when husband is unemployed but need proof if it ? 

Additional support documentation is required. Please submit proof of current employment.

I am the petitioner and unemployed, we got that note as well. Turns out, you have to submit a letter saying you are unemployed. I called them and NVC told me to write a statement that I am unemployed, print it out, sign and date in black ink, and submit it under “proof of employment”

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

44 minutes ago, sjb428 said:

Has anyone whose beneficiary is in Canada been DQ’d recently? We submitted 11/13 and are still waiting. 

The last one from Canada I saw was end of October. I'm 11/14, so I think we have a couple more weeks to go. The trend I'm seeing is about 7 weeks, so I'm expecting to see some movement the first or second week of January.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've seen mixed advice regarding the police certificate requirement for Pakistan. The last thread on VisaJourney is from 2018 and says you can put "not available" for NVC, and that would be fine. However, since everything is digitally uploaded now, I'm wondering if anyone else who's applied from Pakistan has gotten approved/DQ'd by selecting 'not available' for the police certificate? It clearly states on the reciprocity site that it's not required, so I'm confused why NVC even asks for it.

Thank you!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, A&S2019 said:

Hi everyone,

I've seen mixed advice regarding the police certificate requirement for Pakistan. The last thread on VisaJourney is from 2018 and says you can put "not available" for NVC, and that would be fine. However, since everything is digitally uploaded now, I'm wondering if anyone else who's applied from Pakistan has gotten approved/DQ'd by selecting 'not available' for the police certificate? It clearly states on the reciprocity site that it's not required, so I'm confused why NVC even asks for it.

Thank you!

I have submitted my documents without the police certificate. I have heard from people who said they were approved without the police certificate. However, there are not guarantees with NVC.

The reason I made my submission without the police certificate is because getting the PC was taking too long.

I have asked my wife to get one made in case we get rejected at NVC because of the missing police certificate.

Edited by SaeedA

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Timeline
3 hours ago, SaeedA said:

I have submitted my documents without the police certificate. I have heard from people who said they were approved without the police certificate. However, there are not guarantees with NVC.

The reason I made my submission without the police certificate is because getting the PC was taking too long.

I have asked my wife to get one made in case we get rejected at NVC because of the missing police certificate.

Thanks! This is helpful. Hopefully they don't ask for it and delay the process!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 12/25/2019 at 8:51 AM, Mr & Mrs T said:

Second submission on 2nd December .. no response yet too  

453 days in this process with no clue on

« when » we can expect to move .. 😕

Mine is 685 days and counting, submitted docs on Dec 4. Helpless! Its a torture, upgraded my case to CR1 on April 2019. 

7 hours ago, SaeedA said:

I have wrote a letter instead explaining why I didnt need the police certificate according to their requirement as I only lived in that country 8 months . I haven’t heard anything back but will let you know if this is accepted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, LilyJ said:

I am the petitioner and unemployed, we got that note as well. Turns out, you have to submit a letter saying you are unemployed. I called them and NVC told me to write a statement that I am unemployed, print it out, sign and date in black ink, and submit it under “proof of employment”

Oh thank you so much! It so sad they don't state it anywhere else we wanted to avoid checklist as much as possible. Well hope this time it will be fine :)

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

Timeline
8 hours ago, A&S2019 said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Police certificate is not needed for Pakistan. I got DQ’d by selecting N/A.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, sjb428 said:

Has anyone whose beneficiary is in Canada been DQ’d recently? We submitted 11/13 and are still waiting. 

11 hours ago, canadavisa22 said:

The last one from Canada I saw was end of October. I'm 11/14, so I think we have a couple more weeks to go. The trend I'm seeing is about 7 weeks, so I'm expecting to see some movement the first or second week of January.

11/19 my 2nd submission still waiting. It looks like they take the whole 7 weeks or more for canada 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.