TRYNK

POLICE CLEARANCE FROM CANADA

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings fellow VJers!

I have a big big problem! Let me explain my situation first..

I am from Cleveland, Ohio USA.. and my Wife is from Manila, Philippines.

I have filed my petition I-129F for my Wife on december 2006 and everything has gone smoothly up to this day.

She recieved her interview appointment letter a few weeks back.

She managed to complete all the documents needed for her interview to held on July 12, 2007.. which is a month away!

We were excited as hell that in a month we would be done with all this and finally seeing each other again

would be a plane ticket away..

All is well and good until she told me the bad news just yesterday!

she didnt realize and probably overlooked the fact

that she needed one last document......... A POLICE CLEARANCE FROM CANADA!!!

she completely forgot about the document! suprisingly i did too.. no blames pls. we know what we did wrong!

she and her family went to canada using a tourist visa and they were in the process of immigrating there..

they stayed there for a year (she was 16 years old to 17 years old.. talk about bad luck!)

but they had to go back to the philippines because of some family problems so they stopped the process.

I told her not to panic as i confidently told her that i'll find a way to get it before her interview next month..

Little did i know how hard its going to be to get that piece of paper!!

I searched and i searched.. i dug my way through this forums inside and out.. but i couldnt find the

answers i've been looking for.. that is why im posting right now hoping someone out there can answer me..

and shed some light and support on our path that is now blocked by a huge obstacle.

Let me first tell you guys what i do know..:

1. K3 applicants just need a Police Clearance Check by name and birth date that should be Canada Wide using the CPIC

2. The RCMP requires you to file a finger printing test to get a police clearance if you live outside of canada (eventhough you dont actually need the said test)

3. The results will take 2 months - 12 months to process (OMG.. *FAINT*!)

4. http://www.***removed***/immigration/police-certificates.html - this site states that we only need a name check based police clearance and not a finger print based. and that filing to the RCMP is just a waste of time.

5. we dont need a finger print based check because my wife has no criminal record, so a name based check is sufficient

6. my Wife has no way of going back to Canada.

Is there someone out there that could help us?? we are trying to find out a way of getting a name based police check

without having to use the long process of finger printing blah blah blah.. we cant afford to lose another 2-12 months!

also the interview is in a month.. this suxx.. im so stressed out.. im spacing out at work.. my minds completely fixated

on finding a solution to this problem.. is there any developments out there towards getting a police clearance from canada.

i think its the hardest police clearance to get in the whole world..

PLS SAVE US.. thanks you kindly!

Its been 7 years since we first met.. June 2000

that was way back in college freshman year..

She is my college sweetheart..

She is the Love of my life..

been together ever since..

2006/03/13 : I proposed to her...

2006/06/17 : I married my Bestfriend..

2006/09/21 : I went back to the U.S. and started working

2006/12/19 : I-129F recieved by Nebraska S.C.

2006/12/21 : I-129F NOA1 recieved

2007/01/08 : I-129F transfered to California S.C.

2007/04/04 : I-129F Approved

2007/04/20 : Left NVC

2007/05/10 : Recieved Appointment Packet from USE

2007/06/17 : 1 year Wedding Anniversary!!

2007/07/05 : Medical Exam Day 1

2007/07/06 : Medical Exam Day 2

2007/07/12 : INTERVIEW *crossing fingers*

2007/07/13 : My Birthday! give me good news pls..

2007/--/-- : Visa in Hands

2007/--/-- : CFO seminar

2007/--/-- : leaving on a jet plane.....

2007/--/-- : POE _______

2007/--/-- : finally in my arms again..

then AOS

then EAD

then the rest of our lives....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.