JoanBill

February Filers - Interview Time!!!!!!!!

341 posts in this topic

YAY!!! I called the department of state and got our interview date!!! Packet 4 was just sent today!!!! JULY 3!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited ;)

:dance: :dance: :dance:Congrats!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Did you call the Embassy?

I plan on calling the Embassy tonight (Tuesday am there) to see if they have our application yet. :whistle:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

08/13/2007 Interview date... Approved!!!

08/17/2007 Arrive in the US

09/08/2007 Wedding in Las Vegas!

AOS

10/11/2007 AOS mailed overnight to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

11/20/2007 Biometrics Appointment

12/05/2007 EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered!

12/14/2007 EAD Card Received

12/21/2007 Transfered to CSC!

01/28/2008 Green Card and Welcome letter received in the mail!

ROC

10/29/2009 Packet Overnighted to CSC

11/06/2009 NOA Letter Recieved

11/16/2009 Biometrics Appointment Letter

12/02/2009 Biometrics Completed!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

got our NVC letter last friday June 8, as per the letter , our application was forwarded to the US Embassy in Manila on June 5

now we are just waiting for the US embassy in Manila to nofity my fiance' and go from there, i am ready with my affidavit of support and other docs, just need it to be notarized and then fedex it to her in Manila

what is all that DS forms, i am not aware u can jump the gun and send docs to the embassy ahead of time, we pretty much just leave it at it and just let time and the US govt take its course with regards to the application, so far so good, no snafu or fubar along the way yet :)

we are hoping this will be all done in the next 5 months

cheers to all,

tigbok2

Aloha kakou,

Have any fellow February filers received their physical/interview dates yet??

Bill and Joan

got our NVC letter last friday June 8, as per the letter , our application was forwarded to the US Embassy in Manila on June 5

now we are just waiting for the US embassy in Manila to nofity my fiance' and go from there, i am ready with my affidavit of support and other docs, just need it to be notarized and then fedex it to her in Manila

what is all that DS forms, i am not aware u can jump the gun and send docs to the embassy ahead of time, we pretty much just leave it at it and just let time and the US govt take its course with regards to the application, so far so good, no snafu or fubar along the way yet :)

cheers to all,

tigbok2

Aloha kakou,

Bill and Joan

I just spoke with the agency who helped me prepare the initial forms we submitted with the application and they said interview dates in Manila are on average 90 - 120 days after the date it was sent from the NVC to the embassy.... :crying:

That seems like a REALLY long time to me, is there that many applications to process? :wacko:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

Filed: Timeline

cheers to all,

tigbok2

Aloha kakou,

Bill and Joan

I just spoke with the agency who helped me prepare the initial forms we submitted with the application and they said interview dates in Manila are on average 90 - 120 days after the date it was sent from the NVC to the embassy.... :crying:

That seems like a REALLY long time to me, is there that many applications to process? :wacko:

Don't feel bad, looks like an August interview for Marlon and that's in Jamaica which normally is faster! :blink:

cheers to all,

tigbok2

Aloha kakou,

Bill and Joan

Don't feel bad, looks like an August interview for Marlon and that's in Jamaica which normally is faster! :blink:

This process truly IS a test of ones patience.... :clock:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

YAY!!! I called the department of state and got our interview date!!! Packet 4 was just sent today!!!! JULY 3!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited ;)

I plan on calling the Embassy tonight (Tuesday am there) to see if they have our application yet. :whistle:

I called this: 202 663 1225 then press 1,0,0 to talk to someone. I found it in the UK forum. It took about 10 minutes to get through but the lady asked for my case # and said "good news looks like you have an interview date". The UK embassy costs a lot to call, so I went this route and it was free due to my free long distance on my cell!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

cheers to all,

tigbok2

Aloha kakou,

Bill and Joan

I wouldn't trust an agency. It may be a canned response. I hope so for both of us. I am hoping for a late July/early August interview.

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

Filed: Timeline

cheers to all,

tigbok2

Aloha kakou,

Bill and Joan

This process truly IS a test of ones patience.... :clock:

Ain't that the truth! Big HUGS to you!

cheers to all,

tigbok2

Aloha kakou,

Bill and Joan

I wouldn't trust an agency. It may be a canned response. I hope so for both of us. I am hoping for a late July/early August interview.

I just spoke the the call center for the USE in Manila....

The USE will send out a packet with an interview date, medical appointment date and a listing of ALL fees associated with this phase of the process within 60 days of receipt of the application. How long after that the actual interview takes place is still anybodies guess :wacko:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

I called this: 202 663 1225 then press 1,0,0 to talk to someone. I found it in the UK forum. It took about 10 minutes to get through but the lady asked for my case # and said "good news looks like you have an interview date". The UK embassy costs a lot to call, so I went this route and it was free due to my free long distance on my cell!

The call center for the Embassy in Manila cost $18 US and they allow you 2 calls....I used my first one tonight, I will try to force myself to wait at least one month before I call again :whistle:

I wasn't aware that Immigration was supposed to be a "Revenue Producing Entity" for the State Department... :lol:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

Bill, thanks for the offer. Believe me, I'll keep you in mind if we need some help down the road. Mahalo.

What did I offer to do??

AOS Journey

Bill,,, call Akaka, maybe can get it for the first week of July. "just joking"Brah......

Mr. Akaka said he could set us up for June 29th, but Joan said she would be doing laundry that day.

AOS Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.