JoanBill

February Filers - Interview Time!!!!!!!!

341 posts in this topic

AHHH!!! That is super exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly. Cant wait for the "we're approved" post!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance: Congratulations, Sapphire! :dance: And plenty of hugs back at ya!

Paula, I am saying a prayer all will go smoothly and I anxiously await your fantastic news! You must be about as nervous as a ####### in church. :jest: I cannot imagine this waiting.

Nagi, sweetie you've got me rolling :lol::lol::lol: , but you're right....I'm about as nervous as that! We just got off the phone...he's on his way to the consulate. Though he lives in Budapest...its the outskirts and w/ public transportation it will take him a bit to make it 'downtown'...plus he likes to arrive way early for appointments of any kind so he'll be there in plenty of time. (I'm the one always cutting it close. :blush: )

So I'm just here waiting for the phone call. :clock:

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

:dance: Congratulations, Sapphire! :dance: And plenty of hugs back at ya!

Paula, I am saying a prayer all will go smoothly and I anxiously await your fantastic news! You must be about as nervous as a ####### in church. :jest: I cannot imagine this waiting.

Nagi, sweetie you've got me rolling :lol::lol::lol: , but you're right....I'm about as nervous as that! We just got off the phone...he's on his way to the consulate. Though he lives in Budapest...its the outskirts and w/ public transportation it will take him a bit to make it 'downtown'...plus he likes to arrive way early for appointments of any kind so he'll be there in plenty of time. (I'm the one always cutting it close. :blush: )

So I'm just here waiting for the phone call. :clock:

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. :)

-P

Dan and I are also waiting for the approval news :yes:

keTiiDCjGVo

A quiet week here, indeed :whistle:

Good luck to Minya at the interview, it's not to be taken lightly, but don't stress about it either. Try to occupy your time with other things, so that your mind will be free of worries. Think about it like this: all he has to do, no matter how the person on the other side of the window is, talk about the person that he chose to spend the rest of his life with AND to change everything in his life in order to be with that person. Paula, let us know how it went as soon as possible... what time is his interview?

Msu17, keeping an eye on you, your interview is coming next week, right? :)

As an update for us... we have our tickets bought... I'm flying with my daugther on August 11th to Barcelona, where we meet with my love for a short vacation, then we fly to NY and then... home, in Miami, on August 19th.

K-1 petition

February 6th 2007 - K1 petition sent to TSC

February 16th 2007 - cheque cashed

February 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received by mail!

May 16th - received NOA2 hardcopy

May 25th - first set of documents received home in Bucharest (list of documents to present at the interview) - based on fiance's request to open a provisional file

May 30th - packet arrived at the Embassy, Embassy notifies us about it.

June 21st - interview APPROVED!

June 22nd - VISA

August 17th - arriving in USA, through JFK

Sept 8th - wedding :)

AOS

Nov. 14th 2007 - delivered in Chicago

Dec. 18th 2007 - NOA for AOS, EAD, AP

Jan. 08th 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 09th 2008 - Transferred to CSC

Jan 09th 2008 - AP approved, EAD card production ordered

Jan 16th 2008 - AP in mail

Jan 19th 2008 - EAD in mail!!!

Jan 24th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 05th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 06th 2008 - AOS touch - RFE sent out

March 7th 2008 - Sent response to RFE (new medical)

March 28th 2008 - CRIS e-mail: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

April 4th 2008 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED

ROC

Feb. 5th - package delivered at USCIS Vermont

Feb 11th - check cashed

Feb 13th - NOA 1 received for myself (NOA date: 02/05)

Feb 26th - Biometrics

Feb 28th - touch

March 1st - touch

April 26th - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

No visa...it seems the consul was not convinced of the authenticity of our relationship. He said we look "posed" in our photos. Huh? I'm waiting for him to fax/e-mail me the 221g letter they gave him. He was told that I am to write a letter explaining our relationship and if I understand my fiance correctly (he's a little upset right now) I am to explain "what I'm capable of" should his visa be denied? What does that mean?

They did ask him, why I had not been back to visit him, since I retuned to the states in January. He explained that my job was "deadline" oriented and I am not able to take time off work. So he was told for me to explain all this in the letter I am to write to the consulate. In my original "how we met" statement, I stated that both he and I are from the same town, because that is where his parents live and that is where my grandmother lives. At the interview, they stated that they're not convinced of the merits of our relationship....that maybe our respective families "arranged" this? #######? They did not look at any of the other evidence(the detailed phone logs of our 3-4 hour long conversations dayli w/out fail, the e-mails)....said he should bring all that back when he brings my letter, and they will look at it then.

I don't understand...what's the use of providing evidence of ongoing relationship, if they don't look at it?

They also asked him, why he did not try for a tourist visa first, why this visa? My fiance told them that we decided that we wanted to get married and decided to go this route instead of trying to get him a tourist visa. Catch 22, if he had somehow been able to secure a tourist visa, and come here....we had gotten married then there would have been issues at AOS. That is what the K1 is for....to come here and marry your fiancee, that is not what a tourist visa is for.

We did have a whirlwind "courtship" if you will....and we do have an age difference, none of which matter to us, but it seems these are the sticking points w/ them. I'm starting to think of what to write in this letter....any advice on how to word this, how to phrase things. I have no idea how to proceed. Help :help:

I'm going to post this in a separate thread also....at this point I need all the suggestions anyone can come up w/.

-P

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My dearest Paula,

I have no words to express this , but first let me say I am sorry. I was sure it would be a quick and easy interview and your Sweetheart would walk out of there with a visa.

What they basically are saying is that you are not denied, but they are giving you a second chance to prove your case. Give them everything you can think of, get notorized letters from your friends and family who can vouch for your relationship being true. Have your SO insist they look at everything and leave no stone left un-turned. Of course they are not going to come out and say it is the age difference, but when there is one, usually one must center the emphisis into proving an ongoing relationship. It sounds like this is what they are asking you to cough up.

I don't know what to say at this point, I really don't. My prayers go out to you both that this will be resolved ! Fight , Paula, fight and never give up!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

No visa...it seems the consul was not convinced of the authenticity of our relationship. He said we look "posed" in our photos. Huh? I'm waiting for him to fax/e-mail me the 221g letter they gave him. He was told that I am to write a letter explaining our relationship and if I understand my fiance correctly (he's a little upset right now) I am to explain "what I'm capable of" should his visa be denied? What does that mean?

They did ask him, why I had not been back to visit him, since I retuned to the states in January. He explained that my job was "deadline" oriented and I am not able to take time off work. So he was told for me to explain all this in the letter I am to write to the consulate. In my original "how we met" statement, I stated that both he and I are from the same town, because that is where his parents live and that is where my grandmother lives. At the interview, they stated that they're not convinced of the merits of our relationship....that maybe our respective families "arranged" this? #######? They did not look at any of the other evidence(the detailed phone logs of our 3-4 hour long conversations dayli w/out fail, the e-mails)....said he should bring all that back when he brings my letter, and they will look at it then.

I don't understand...what's the use of providing evidence of ongoing relationship, if they don't look at it?

They also asked him, why he did not try for a tourist visa first, why this visa? My fiance told them that we decided that we wanted to get married and decided to go this route instead of trying to get him a tourist visa. Catch 22, if he had somehow been able to secure a tourist visa, and come here....we had gotten married then there would have been issues at AOS. That is what the K1 is for....to come here and marry your fiancee, that is not what a tourist visa is for.

We did have a whirlwind "courtship" if you will....and we do have an age difference, none of which matter to us, but it seems these are the sticking points w/ them. I'm starting to think of what to write in this letter....any advice on how to word this, how to phrase things. I have no idea how to proceed. Help :help:

I'm going to post this in a separate thread also....at this point I need all the suggestions anyone can come up w/.

-P

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it must be difficult, but as Nagi said, at least it wasn't just flat out denied. They are giving you a chance to provide more evidence. If I were you, I would add some sort of commentary organizing all of the evidence you've already sent in as well as send any new stuff you could come up with. I'm sure those that have been through it before can offer better advice, though. It's just a delay. I'm sure it will work out ok it the end. (F)

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Paula, That's really awful, but as others have said at least you have a chance to get the visa still. Better to concentrate on the letter now, I am sure you guys will get it! Good luck, and keep us updated! I'll be praying for you, too!

Nagi, I will also be keeping you in my prayers, as many others here! I hope this "mess" gets straightened out ASAP! How crazy is that!

Congratulations to anyone who has gotten approved recently!

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Thank you everyone for your support! I am composing my letter....vacillating between sounding too "mushy" and being direct and to the point. Given that they are questioning the validity of the relationship vs. always being succint and to the point its a fine line I'm trying to navigate.

I have asked friends to write personal letters, and I will also ask my sister to do so. We have a few more pictures that are more "candid" which we will print as further proof. As far as the correspondence proof....I will just include further documentation of our communication since I mailed him "everything" (roughly two weeks worth of text, e-mail, and Skype chats) because they did not even look at it initially....saying that it will be looked at in conjunction w/ my letter.

I will update as soon as I have anything.

-P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

-P

Those jerks! You'll get your visa, don't worry. Overwhelm them with evidence!

Mary and I have 16 years between us and she got her visa. They just need to be sure your relationship is for real. They asked us about the tourist visa, also. We believed it was a trick question. Mary simply replied that we intended to get married and she felt that marrying me upon entry with her tourist visa would be illegal!

I would print every chat session, copy every reciept, copy every phone bill, etc. Get letters from family members (notarized). It sounds like they (immigration) need proof, so start gathering everything you can and overwhelm those bastards with proof!

Don't give up, get that visa! You are so close!

Our K-1 Timeline

2/15/07--Completed gathering documents, completed I-129F

2/26/07--I-129F arrives at CSC

2/27/07-- NOA1

2/28/07-- Check cashed

3/1/07-- Touched

3/7/07--Cleared check shows in my account

3/7/07--NOA1 hard copy

5/17/07--Touched (PLEASE NO RFE)

5/18/07--Touched again

5/21/07--NOA2

5/31/07--Arrives at NVC

6/4/07--Left NVC, on da way to da embassy!!!

6/8/07--Arrives at consulate

6/8/07--Picked up packet 3 during consulate visit! (just lucky we visited same day as they received from NVC)

6/12/07--Medical exam

6/19/07--Interview

6/20/07--VISA

7/21/07--US entry through Atlanta!!!

8/12/07--MARRIED

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

AOS Transfer** : 2007-12-17

TOUCHED : 2008-02-08

TOUCHED : 2008-02-10

TOUCHED : 2008-02-27

Welcome To US Sent date: 2008-02-27

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : West Palm Beach FL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2007-08-29

NOA Date : 2007-10-10

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2007-10-31

Approved Date : 2007-12-12

Date Card Received : 2007-12-21

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 105 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just wanted to move the thread up...nothing new for us...just getting ready for August 23 :) Have a nice evening, everyone!

-Milena

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Paula, I am so sorry for the nightmare you two must be going through. You've got good advices here, I see, and I will continue to pray for you that you know how to address that letter, that your fiance have the necessary calm to face the people at the Consulate and show them your relationship is genuine and you two don't even consider not being together.

I am thinking that your letter should sound determined. Not necessarily mushy, but clear with details and try to use the rage that you must feel to show that your relationship being questioned has no grounds.

K-1 petition

February 6th 2007 - K1 petition sent to TSC

February 16th 2007 - cheque cashed

February 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received by mail!

May 16th - received NOA2 hardcopy

May 25th - first set of documents received home in Bucharest (list of documents to present at the interview) - based on fiance's request to open a provisional file

May 30th - packet arrived at the Embassy, Embassy notifies us about it.

June 21st - interview APPROVED!

June 22nd - VISA

August 17th - arriving in USA, through JFK

Sept 8th - wedding :)

AOS

Nov. 14th 2007 - delivered in Chicago

Dec. 18th 2007 - NOA for AOS, EAD, AP

Jan. 08th 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 09th 2008 - Transferred to CSC

Jan 09th 2008 - AP approved, EAD card production ordered

Jan 16th 2008 - AP in mail

Jan 19th 2008 - EAD in mail!!!

Jan 24th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 05th 2008 - AOS touch

Feb 06th 2008 - AOS touch - RFE sent out

March 7th 2008 - Sent response to RFE (new medical)

March 28th 2008 - CRIS e-mail: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

April 4th 2008 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED

ROC

Feb. 5th - package delivered at USCIS Vermont

Feb 11th - check cashed

Feb 13th - NOA 1 received for myself (NOA date: 02/05)

Feb 26th - Biometrics

Feb 28th - touch

March 1st - touch

April 26th - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

Aloha kakou,

Have any fellow February filers received their physical/interview dates yet??

Bill and Joan

hi

my greeting , i got my interview dates at 4 sept ,my noa 1 filed is on 7 march but still am waiting for the packet3 ,i just mail the embassy about my file and they emaild me my interview date ,

Regards

savvy

Hello god blesss all the VJ members ,

Thank for all the post u vj member are really gr8....

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-03-07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-05-23

NVC Received : 2007-06-11

NVC Left :

Consulate Received : 2007-06-21

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2007-09-04

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.