Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, K&D2020 said:

Just found this thread! What up fam! 

December 9 NOA1 receipt date he's from Mexico I'm in Florida.

Hoping we get no RFE, but I am nervous about red flags in our case.

1) met August, filed in December (3 in person visits in between)

2) I officially finalized divorced 1 month before we filed.

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞 🙏🙏

What up!!!!! naw you are fine! Congratulations.....and welcome to the thread

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, K&D2020 said:

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞 🙏🙏

We are in the same EXACT boat. I also have finalized a divorce before filing. :-) I met my fiance in May. Got engaged before getting the divorce decree... but in all honesty we had been separated long before I even started talking to my fiance online as my ex was the one who wanted the divorce, but I ended up being the one filing to get it over with. We will get through this. Why would we get RFE for that? I know TONS of people who met shortly after one of the partners' divorce and fell in love and they just moved quickly. Life is short. Not everyone wants to take things slowly. No 2 people are the same. It would be discriminatory to be RFE-ed just because you recovered so quickly from your divorce. Makes no sense. That is my belief.

Edited by EllaC

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

1 minute ago, EllaC said:

We are in the same EXACT boat. I also have finalized a divorce before filing. :-) I met my fiance in May. Got engaged before getting the divorce decree... We will get through this. Why would we get RFE for that? I know TONS of people who met and fell in love and they just moved quickly. Life is short. Not everyone wants to take things slowly. No 2 people are the same. It would be discriminatory to be RFE-ed just because you recovered so quickly from your divorce. Makes no sense. That is my belief.

The adjudicating officers are not supposed to make moral judgements insofar as approvals and denials, but you never know they are human too! I would not worry about it as a great many of us here would also fall into this category. It's not a big deal, as long as you meet the requirements of the K1!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

The adjudicating officers are not supposed to make moral judgements insofar as approvals and denials, but you never know they are human too! I would not worry about it as a great many of us here would also fall into this category. It's not a big deal, as long as you meet the requirements of the K1!

Trust me, I worried about this so much, but my fiance is way more chill. I also can prove that we were separated before my fiance even came into my life... But it is so difficult sometimes to prove some things. Like yes... I started my divorce process in June, but some states require you to wait 90 days to finalize... I wasn't going to pause my life.

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

28 minutes ago, EllaC said:

Trust me, I worried about this so much, but my fiance is way more chill. I also can prove that we were separated before my fiance even came into my life... But it is so difficult sometimes to prove some things. Like yes... I started my divorce process in June, but some states require you to wait 90 days to finalize... I wasn't going to pause my life.

You'll be fine!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, K&D2020 said:

Fingers crossed 🤞🤞 🙏🙏

Welcome to this amazing group!! No RFE would be awesome, but honestly if I do get one I’m sure it will be a easy fix for me. I’ll just be glad to know that their working on my case😊.... I’ll be praying everything works out for you. Sending all positive vibes your way!!

O we have the same NOA1 date!! Yayyyyyy😁😄😆😃

Edited by Britney868

Timeline
19 hours ago, mryrth said:

This has been super helpful!  If I did my math correctly, according to all who have submitted a timeline on VisaJourney, October filers had 145 submissions, November had 118, and our December group was a total of 80.  Not sure if this makes sense, but I hope our approvals are just around the corner!

This is interesting news! I wonder how many outside of VJ submitted.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

This is interesting news! I wonder how many outside of VJ submitted.

I checked a while ago and for my NOA1 date, there were like 100 or more... Can you imagine how many more people there are outside of VJ? 😅

Edited by EllaC

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, EllaC said:

I checked a while ago and for my NOA1 date, there were like 100 or more... Can you imagine how many more people there are outside of VJ? 😅

Thousands, I have decided not to bug myself with those details anymore... It's just a honest waste of time and a heart ache to say the least.... It will come when it comes

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
1 hour ago, Britney868 said:

Welcome to this amazing group!! No RFE would be awesome, but honestly if I do get one I’m sure it will be a easy fix for me. I’ll just be glad to know that their working on my case😊.... I’ll be praying everything works out for you. Sending all positive vibes your way!!

O we have the same NOA1 date!! Yayyyyyy😁😄😆😃

Congratulations, they just want to know you fufil all requirements by being single when you applied everyother thing including previous divorces are just subject to interpretation 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Thousands, I have decided not to bug myself with those details anymore... It's just a honest waste of time and a heart ache to say the least.... It will come when it comes

I look at it as a way to be patient with USCIS and understand that we may see 2 approvals here on VJ, but they're actually approving a ton more on a daily basis! 😊

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

56 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Yes it's most important to avoid the heart ache!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
1 hour ago, EllaC said:

I look at it as a way to be patient with USCIS and understand that we may see 2 approvals here on VJ, but they're actually approving a ton more on a daily basis! 😊

Yeah and I understand that, there are lots of filers that are not on VJ. Was in Church on Sunday and I mentioned to a friend that we filed for k1 and we waiting for approval, then she told me her cousin filed November 2019 for his fiancee from Angola and they are not on VJ. I can imagine one officer going through an average of 5 - 6 petitions per day,that being said there is still a long waiting period 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Yes it will!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.