Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah once you are through with POE the I94 is the controlling document. 90 days from your arrival. I'd  only wait a few days before the SSN a week tops! Just to be sure. That's what we did.

Thank you so much

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

One question though since the k1 visa is valid for 6 months maximum ...it means my fiance can come with one month left on his visa and he will get the 90 days on his I-94 at POE ....then he can apply for SS like a week after he arrives right?

I think I saw somewhere that it is the medical form that expires in 6 months so the medical and interview should be scheduled together as close as possible.  Does anyone know if this is true?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/19/2020 at 4:43 AM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Hey.. Time is tickling by little by little.... Soon it will be our turn the last set of 2019!! I hope everyone is doing great and I know it won't be long again. 

I keep telling Andrew that everyday of us being apart, is a day closer to us being together💜❤️🙏🏽

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

we definitely almost half way the average 120 days wait....can wait for March 2020...staying positive

I’m even saying April because I don’t want to focus so hard on March and then it don’t come until April. Focusing on April keeps me from driving myself crazy and stay calm lol!!🤞🏽

Timeline
1 hour ago, PlaneTrain said:

I think I saw somewhere that it is the medical form that expires in 6 months so the medical and interview should be scheduled together as close as possible.  Does anyone know if this is true?

From my own research, the K1 visa itself is issued based on the validity of the Medicals. so if you have six months before your medical expires you will get the maximum 6 months K1 visa...but if you have less you will get for the validity of your Medicals...so its best its scheduled and done like 2 weeks before your interview....Thats once NVC delivers your documents to the consulate. that leaves just enough time for the medicals to be sent to the embassy ...if its delivered to the embassy a couple of days after your interview its still ok as you have evidence you have done your medicals and they will issue your visa if you are approved and when the medicals get to them....I do stand corrected

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

I’m even saying April because I don’t want to focus so hard on March and then it don’t come until April. Focusing on April keeps me from driving myself crazy and stay calm lol!!🤞🏽

:) thats a good way to look at it....as for me, am sure I will go crazy come March but I hope I dont go too crazy.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

:) thats a good way to look at it....as for me, am sure I will go crazy come March but I hope I dont go too crazy.

Don’t go crazy!! We need you to be sane so you can finish the rest of the process lol

Timeline

Britney868 I did get a latest approval date email from VJ. I hope its not slowing down again ,mine just changed from March to April

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

Don’t go crazy!! We need you to be sane so you can finish the rest of the process lol

Awww...Crazy is still sane enough to share your joy when that NOA2 comes.....its too crazy that is bad :)

22 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

I keep telling Andrew that everyday of us being apart, is a day closer to us being together💜❤️🙏🏽

Very nice!

17 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

Both are very good ways  to look at it!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Britney868 I did get a latest approval date email from VJ. I hope its not slowing down again ,mine just changed from March to April

Yep

4F6A4213-EDCE-4FD7-B935-A83FA91FB712.jpeg

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Awww...Crazy is still sane enough to share your joy when that NOA2 comes.....its too crazy that is bad :)

😂 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Britney868 said:

Originally it was March 22nd. Now March 30🤷🏽‍♀️

Sad, the holiday is over....I guess lots of people made up their minds to file at the end of 2019. I hope its not another backlog building up....we can only hope for the best

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Even though it may have changed it will still be ok. I believe you may still get it in March. Try not to worry. Everything will be just fine😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.