Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Milmauka said:

I've been thinking a lot about cleaning my place and making room for my honey, but I am still in the planning stage.   Hehe.  Lots of sitting on the couch, thinking about what I need to clean and get rid of.  Living as a bachelor, things tend to get really messy, speaking for myself.  Haha.  My fiance already said she will do the reorganizing when she gets here, something about having the correct cleaning gene, again speaking for myself, so I don't argue.

Researching questions that I have about the process.  Trying to stay ahead of the game, by preparing for what we need to do once we get our NOA2.  Making friends with members from my fiance's country and chit chat about the process...

Been there done that. I would recommend just to make the place presentable for now (before she gets there) because once your Pinay gets there she will rip the place apart to put those feminine touches on it and in it....trust me on this!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Been there done that. I would recommend just to make the place presentable for now (before she gets there) because once your Pinay gets there she will rip the place apart to put those feminine touches on it and in it....trust me on this!!!!!

It's really funny, no matter where you go, the different cultures you encounter, "The Song Remains The Same".  Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.  Or is it the other way around, hehe.  Whatever makes them happy, is fine with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, EllaC said:

Yes, we were afraid to send the I-129F before him coming to visit. And I was also waiting on my final divorce decree. So we sent in our petition after he came here. But STILL, at the airport, he was brutally honest with the CBP officer when he asked him the purpose of the trip, my fiance flat out said: visiting my fiancee! They gave him no hard time whatsoever, nor was he asked if we filed the I-129F. When I picked him up at the airport and heard the story, also because I was so nervous about the port of entry for him... I was like: Good job, baby, for being honest, I'm proud of you. 🙂 Now by going back to Australia on the date that he said he would, should also show USCIS that we respect the procedures and the law. 🙂 Satisfied overall, but this might be the last 3 month visit for him to the states before we get the NOA2... The thing is, after my holiday to see him in March... we are just going to be waiting for the approval and interview, so it will be a bit difficult on us as we usually always schedule flights to see each other. I was in Australia in August when we got engaged. It's just so much more difficult to be away from him than I thought. Even when I'm at work and he is at home alone... when I get home, we always just hug like we have just seen each other at the airport, after a long time apart. I'm a bit nervous to be away from him in February after spending 3 months together. But this too shall pass!

It will pass for sure!! We’re all here to help you make it through time without him. We’re all rooting for you!!!😉

Timeline
2 hours ago, Milmauka said:

I've been thinking a lot about cleaning my place and making room for my honey, but I am still in the planning stage.   Hehe.  Lots of sitting on the couch, thinking about what I need to clean and get rid of.  Living as a bachelor, things tend to get really messy, speaking for myself.  Haha.  My fiance already said she will do the reorganizing when she gets here, something about having the correct cleaning gene, again speaking for myself, so I don't argue.

Researching questions that I have about the process.  Trying to stay ahead of the game, by preparing for what we need to do once we get our NOA2.  Making friends with members from my fiance's country and chit chat about the process...

Women love to see how clean a man is so definitely do the reorganizing and cleaning for her, and I’m  sure once she see the effort you made you will score a lot of brownie points😉.. Then if she wants to do more she can but she will be so happy to see that you took it amongst yourself to clean and prepare for her coming. I can’t speak for all women though lol

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Lol ok maybe my advice was wrong lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Britney868 said:

It will pass for sure!! We’re all here to help you make it through time without him. We’re all rooting for you!!!😉

You're so sweet!! Thank you so much, that put a smile on my face! ❤️ 

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm going on 6 years and I have but 2 maybe 3 pieces of my own furniture remaining and one is a 600 lb travertine dinning room table and it's only still here because she can't lift it to cart it away. :rofl: Oh and all that closet space you ONCE had, GONE! Shoes, purses new items of clothing all in its place. But I have to say one thing in her behalf she is frugal as the day is long. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I am biting/ chewing my fingernails a lot 😂. I am spending a lot of time with my family. My parents and my sister that is. So, I am already starting to become a family man 😂. I have spray protected all of my winter boots for rain/ salt. This is the first time I have done this. The things that come to mind in order to distract yourself 🤣. On the other hand, I have been talking to my Fiancee every single day. I am also, planing to go visit her during the month of March for a week or two. Trying to remain optimistic and positive during the entire process, ultimately 😄

Edited by Rob Beri

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

I am biting/ chewing my fingernails a lot 😂. I am spending a lot of time with my family. My parents and my sister that is. So, I am already starting to become a family man 😂. I have spray protected all of my winter boots for rain/ salt. This is the first time I have done this. The things that come to mind in order to distract yourself 🤣. On the other hand, I have been talking to my Fiancee every single day. I am also, planing to go visit her during the month of March for a week or two. Trying to remain optimistic and positive during the entire process, ultimately 😄

Same here am also flying over to visit him in march , then we going to Lisbon Portugal to enjoy abit of sunshine....it was so hard spending Christmas apart.....I know he is already tired of listening to me talk about the wedding ....but I have more plans to discuss with him...in my mind and dreams I have married him over 10 times 😄

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

50 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Same here am also flying over to visit him in march , then we going to Lisbon Portugal to enjoy abit of sunshine....it was so hard spending Christmas apart.....I know he is already tired of listening to me talk about the wedding ....but I have more plans to discuss with him...in my mind and dreams I have married him over 10 times 😄

Very nice I'm  sure  all the weddings were just as nice!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

😂🤣 there’s nothing wrong with that! It’s your mind and you can marry him 10 more times if you like lol!!! I think it’s sweet ❤️.. I’m making wedding plans as well but will wait until we have our interview before I put down any non refundable deposit.  

6 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Very nice I'm  sure  all the weddings were just as nice!

🤣😂 Im sure they where as well

Edited by Britney868

Timeline
6 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

You will be a family man in no time. Keep it up lol.. Staying optimistic and positive sounds like a great choice to me😁.. can’t wait until these NOA2 start rolling in!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.