TBoneTX

N-400 and I-751 Combo Pending -- Part 2

445 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 12/28/2020 at 4:02 PM, DannyAdelante said:

Just wanted to give an update on my two applications.

I submitted my I-751 in October 2018, and my N-400 in September 2019.  Had no activity on my I-751 after my biometrics appointment in November 2018 - almost two years.  Got an interview scheduled for my N-400 in April 2020, and was immediately de-scheduled because of the pandemic.

Fast forward a few months, and I got my N-400 interview re-scheduled for November 3rd in New York City - Election Day.

Everything I had read, and even after speaking to my lawyers, indicated that it would be a combo interview.  But when I was called for my interview, the interviewer said she only did N-400 interviews, and the I-751 was nothing to do with her, she had never heard of anyone doing combo interviews, and that it would be a different office processing that. She could not even tell me if I would need to come in for another interview or not.

Interview went fine, and at the end she was like "I can't give you a decision because of your pending I-751".  I asked if they could call that office, as it was in the same building, and it was my understanding that combo interviews were fairly common when the I-751 had not been processed.  She said she had never heard of that, and she could only give me a "no decision made yet" piece of paper, and said I could go home.

I was really dejected.  I had hoped to become a citizen that day, or at least get a date for my oath ceremony (everyone who got approved on November 3rd was given a December 18th date for their Oath Ceremony), but still felt that I was in limbo.

She then must have escalated my I-751 case because it was approved that same afternoon, and I received my approval letter the following day, on the 4th.

The I-751 approval letter stated:

We have approved your I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Our records also indicate that we have approved your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Because we also approved your N-400, you will not receive a new Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card). Instead, once you have taken the Oath of Allegiance, you will receive a Certificate of Naturalization, which will be proof of your U.S. citizenship. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.

So, that was great. But since then I have heard nothing.

The estimated case completion time stated January 2021 - 2/3 months after the interview, but last week, that estimated case completion time was pushed back a further two months to March 2021.

When I check my USCIS status both online and via their automated phone system, it says that my "Interview Has Been Scheduled".  There is nothing about it being completed (which it was) or approved (which the letter says is the case).

I called USCIS and spoke to an agent. They said that did seem strange, and that they could not see anything on their end, but that they could not investigate my case until at least 60 days had passed from my interview (which took place 55 days ago).

So, overall, I guess I should be happy that my citizenship seems to have been approved? But it looks like it is stuck in their system because of an error, and keeps getting needlessly delayed. And I do not have either a new Green Card with conditions removed or my certificate of naturalization.

Hey, I hope everything goes well with ur case, my situation is the same, did you receive oath letter yet?

On 1/29/2021 at 4:30 PM, lamafiosa69 said:

The N-400 interview is what triggered them to approve it. We had the N400 interview yesterday. He passed the exam and the form said they would recommend approval. Since the condition case was still there, I'm sure that caused them to also review that case. We sent in lots of evidence so I'm guessing it was enough to get the I751 approval without another interview. 

Congratulations!  I submitted my application on July 3, 2020 and I haven't even heard from the local USCIS for a biometrics appointment.  I believe you applied in September of 2020 and in a matter of 5 months you received your citizenship.  Was your local office in  Miami or Hialeah?  I understand Hialeah is much more efficient and faster at reviewing N-400 applications. 

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sartre said:

Congratulations!  I submitted my application on July 3, 2020 and I haven't even heard from the local USCIS for a biometrics appointment.  I believe you applied in September of 2020 and in a matter of 5 months you received your citizenship.  Was your local office in  Miami or Hialeah?  I understand Hialeah is much more efficient and faster at reviewing N-400 applications. 

My local office is Miami. I applied electronically for the N400. That may have helped speed up the process.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

My I-751: June 28, 2019

biometrics: July 30, 2019

Case ready for interview: September 11, 2019

N-400: August 28, 2020

Move from Georgia to Kentucky September 2020

case inquiry about I-751 in January 2021

“new” case status: ready for interview, January 25, 2021

I called them on Jan 28, 2021 to see what’s going on and apparently they’re really really trying to schedule my interview in Louisville, KY. And the biometrics for my N-400 were waived. I’m on tenterhooks because my extension expires soon and I just want one of these cases to move forward -.- 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, VeronicaL said:

I called them on Jan 28, 2021 to see what’s going on and apparently they’re really really trying to schedule my interview in Louisville, KY. And the biometrics for my N-400 were waived. I’m on tenterhooks because my extension expires soon and I just want one of these cases to move forward -.- 

Nothing here too, this is my timeline:

I-751 - September 2018

N-400 - September 2019

We are now  in February 2021.

Am I the only one left behind?

Timeline
5 hours ago, whimper said:

I-751 - September 2018

N-400 - September 2019

Omg I’m so sorry you’ve been waiting so long. Have you contacted them? Tried the case inquiry? I think it may have given my cases a bump (that is, if they’re really giving me an interview appointment now, I’m still doubtful). Another option might be to contact your congressman or-woman?

i-751 filed: Dec 2018

N-400 filed: Jan 2020

N-400 interview letter received for March 2021.

I only got the letter for N-400, no word on i-751. I spoke to someone on the virtual assistant Emma who said "it would be a separate interview" but still going to take my wife just in case as I believe these people often don't have the full picture. Also, contacting my senator and asking them if they can help with making sure it's a combo! 

Anyone else have any advice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, UKUSA said:

i-751 filed: Dec 2018

N-400 filed: Jan 2020

N-400 interview letter received for March 2021.

I only got the letter for N-400, no word on i-751. I spoke to someone on the virtual assistant Emma who said "it would be a separate interview" but still going to take my wife just in case as I believe these people often don't have the full picture. Also, contacting my senator and asking them if they can help with making sure it's a combo! 

Anyone else have any advice?

My wife never received a I-751 letter for interview.  So we went to the office and they just did a quick interview for the I-751 and then did my wifes N-400 interview.  This was Charleston, SC.  Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, nwolfe90 said:

My wife never received a I-751 letter for interview.  So we went to the office and they just did a quick interview for the I-751 and then did my wifes N-400 interview.  This was Charleston, SC.  Hope this helps.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I hope this is the case with us in the NYC office.

Edited by UKUSA

On 1/31/2021 at 6:25 PM, lamafiosa69 said:

My local office is Miami. I applied electronically for the N400. That may have helped speed up the process.  

I also applied electronically exactly 7 months ago and yet I have not heard anything out of the Miami office.  I know the case is already in the Miami office.  Just to verify: you applied online and you received your citizenship in approximately 5 months, correct? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/29/2021 at 7:38 AM, lamafiosa69 said:

Thank you. I tried to get both done at the same time. We called and was given the run around. We applied for the I751 interview June 2019 and applied for the N400 September 2020 and I751 is still pending.  Now that the N400 is complete I'm praying that pushes them to make a decision.  I'm praying they just approve it like I have seen happen to many 🙏

Did my  N400 interview yesterday and I passed. They took my documents looked over them and gave them back to me. The officer said he has too many documents for me lol. As of now I’m placed in line for a oath ceremony and they will send me the notice with the time, date and location of my oath. That is what my status is showing now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
6 hours ago, katalaya said:

Did my  N400 interview yesterday and I passed. They took my documents looked over them and gave them back to me. The officer said he has too many documents for me lol. As of now I’m placed in line for a oath ceremony and they will send me the notice with the time, date and location of my oath. That is what my status is showing now.

Congratulation, you have officially completed the final stage of USCIS journey. Good luck

Timeline
On 1/31/2021 at 7:16 PM, VeronicaL said:

So my citizenship interview got  scheduled for March 10, 2021! It’s saying estimated completion time in 8 months, October 2021, but I sure hope it won’t take that long. I guess the case inquiry really gave things a bump. Keeping my fingers crossed for it being a combo interview. Guess I’ll start practicing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/31/2021 at 10:15 PM, whimper said:

I-751 - September 2018

N-400 - September 2019

You are NOT ALONE

ROC I-751 Filed       2019-03-08

Bio Aptt                    2019-07-31

Filed N400 online   2020-03-19

Bio Reused Notice 2020-12-14

They say, we are facing DELAYS due to Covid19

Sacramento, California is my local USCIS Office

I guess we don't have any other option except to sit tight and wait... It depends on multiple factors, from State to local USCIS office workloads and most importantly your luck too, I have seen people stay stuck for 2 years and some lucky peeps get citizenship within 5 months. All I do is try to ignore tracking it lolss but it doesn't help much though

Removal of Conditions

03/08/19  Sent ROC package to Arizona from California

03/11/19  Received by USCIS with Signature

03/15/19  Moneyorders were cashed out

No text or mail from USCIS received yet, Fingers Crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.