daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MiaTher said:

Hey all, I hope you’re doing alright. Well my husband just asked me something I hadn’t considered before and I wonder if any of you know the answer. 

Like thousands of others at this time, I haven’t worked since March 14th, and I will get paid for the rest of the month; however if my company decides to not pay us past the 31st, can us green card holders apply for unemployment, since it’s government aid and as such we would have to pay it back? 

Or do you think there will be an exception for the current circumstances? 

If you look at your paystubs you will see that you and your employer paid for unemployment insurance coverage.  Unemployment coverage is not a so called "welfare program" such as medicaid or food stamps.  Unemployment coverage is at the same level as medical insurance provided by your employer.  Both employer and employee pay for it.   However, others might disagree and would love to hear other opinions. 

Here is a clarification of the question as to whether or not collecting  unemployment could be considered under the "public charge" rules: 

https://www.kolkocasey.com/immigration-and-firm-news/unemployment-benefits-public-charge-ground-of-inadmissibility

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 minutes ago, swissbuttercream said:

Closure extended to April 6 and open on April 7, same date as my scheduled interview. I guess I should expect a cancellation?

Hi,

Let us hope, they do not keep pushing it as we will be approaching the 6th of April.

Fingers crossed.

So since our interviews got cancelled. Has anyone contacted them about pending I751? My 18 months extension letter is expiring end of July. My I751 got transferred once I applied for N400. They have mentioned they will keep working on I751’s but I’m wondering if they can’t since it got transferred to another office. 

would be nice to get my I751 approved while waiting for a new N400 interview date. 

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

On 3/20/2020 at 7:14 PM, Ka&J said:

I got this notification today in email and Text message

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices, and Application Support Centers (ASCs) to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

USCIS offices will reopen on April 7 unless the public closures are extended further.

Employees in these offices are continuing to perform mission-essential services that do not require face-to-face contact with the public.- dont quite undrstand this last sentence🙄🙄🙄

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am curious, how much evidence are you/or did you take to your interview? Its only been a few months since we submitted our petition, so we only have a few months of extra bills. I am trying to decide if: 

1) we bring new evidence, plus everything we already submitted with our I-751 & N-400 or 

2) just new evidence 

Since we went through the Ghana embassy I am used to submitting a lot. I am trying to decide how much I need to do. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Good afternoon! 

I just got a letter from uscis online account saying my interview has been canceled on the 9th of April.

When I go under my profile I went to documents and here you go the letter was there date back 3/31.

The Letter says:

This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances,  we had to cancel the previously scheduled interview. I am a little sad.. But the health of other people is very important to me too.

I am waiting on the next letter. 

On 3/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, daniel4310 said:

So since our interviews got cancelled. Has anyone contacted them about pending I751? My 18 months extension letter is expiring end of July. My I751 got transferred once I applied for N400. They have mentioned they will keep working on I751’s but I’m wondering if they can’t since it got transferred to another office. 

would be nice to get my I751 approved while waiting for a new N400 interview date. 

I agree with you 100%

they should approve our I751 at least since our N400 interviews got cancelled.

I hope they consider it

Timeline
39 minutes ago, swissbuttercream said:

Interview scheduled for April 7, still haven’t received cancelation notice...

image.png.5a1936d3ab22597fc938099a28b9438f.pngIt is Posted on their Website!

Timeline
On 4/2/2020 at 6:39 AM, swissbuttercream said:

I’m speaking of a cancellation notice for my interview specifically.

thank you!

Hi,

Mine arrived after the date of my interview..

I received  mine of April 2nd 

This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 08:30AM for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview appointment information, under separate notice.

😭

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.