daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I don't see how this story should affect the N-400 applications, as there is no premium fee for making these.

Edited by soso723

32 minutes ago, soso723 said:

I don't see how this story should affect the N-400 applications, as there is no premium fee for making these.

Nothing make sence at all, I would like to know why is estimste time removed.

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

8 hours ago, Amadia said:

I think the "estimated times" have disappeared because of the exposé that was done on the H1B visa issue where USCIS made over 2.39 billion dollars for premium processing that takes 15 business days as opposed to 9-15 months for normal processing. Scrutiny arose on the other visa categories and the fact that people file applications and pay their fees, but are forced to wait around while others who file afterwards get scheduled for interviews before others.

So, not a system glitch.

That’s why I said I hope it’s a glitch. I’m afraid there is some story behind it, H1B related or not.

Edited by UpstateNYer

On 3/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, GP&LG said:

Hi Everyone!

Chicago filer here and I just received my interview date. Spreadsheet has been updated, but here is the snapshot:

Online submission: December 21

Biometrics: January 15

Interview notice: March 2

Interview scheduled: April 16

When I initially applied, the completion date was Oct 2020. After biometrics it changed to Sept 2020. About 2 weeks ago it went to August 2020. I was not expecting this so quickly so I better start studying those questions! lol

Hi, did you have i-751 pending?

Hi everyone,

My interview was scheduled ( N400) this morning!!!! Yayyy

although my I751 is still pending and it was transferred to NBC on early January! 
my office is Newark NJ so I wasn’t expecting this at all!!!!

do you think it’s going to be a combo interview?

I751 filed Jan 2019

N400 filed Dic 2019

I751 transferred Jan 2020

4 minutes ago, Eddiem2044 said:

Hi everyone,

My interview was scheduled ( N400) this morning!!!! Yayyy

although my I751 is still pending and it was transferred to NBC on early January! 
my office is Newark NJ so I wasn’t expecting this at all!!!!

do you think it’s going to be a combo interview?

I751 filed Jan 2019

N400 filed Dic 2019

I751 transferred Jan 2020

Congratulations! 

I will be prepared for combo interview

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, GP&LG said:

Hi Everyone!

Chicago filer here and I just received my interview date. Spreadsheet has been updated, but here is the snapshot:

Online submission: December 21

Biometrics: January 15

Interview notice: March 2

Interview scheduled: April 16

When I initially applied, the completion date was Oct 2020. After biometrics it changed to Sept 2020. About 2 weeks ago it went to August 2020. I was not expecting this so quickly so I better start studying those questions! lol

Chicago filer here as well. Did you based on 3 or 5 year rule. Also did het any alert for the interview schedule.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

Chicago filer here as well. Did you based on 3 or 5 year rule. Also did het any alert for the interview schedule.

I am based on the 3 year rule. I'm sorry - I'm not sure your question about the interview schedule

2 hours ago, AFN said:

Hi, did you have i-751 pending?

Hi - no, I did not have a pending I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, GP&LG said:

I am based on the 3 year rule. I'm sorry - I'm not sure your question about the interview schedule

Sorry about that. typo error. my question was did you recieve any text msg when they scheduled you for interview or an email?

On 3/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, UpstateNYer said:

Okay, now I am really worried what is going on. My coworker just told me they applied after me, did their fingerprints in Feb and got their interview scheduled at end of March. Same office.

I would contact USCIS on Monday very early in the AM and inquire on the delay or if they have any type of update for you. Be upfront and let them know that you personally know people who filed after you did but got scheduled for interview before you did.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

56 minutes ago, Amadia said:

I would contact USCIS on Monday very early in the AM and inquire on the delay or if they have any type of update for you. Be upfront and let them know that you personally know people who filed after you did but got scheduled for interview before you did.

Thanks, Amadia. I actually did call them yesterday afternoon and was able to talk with an agent. Unfortunately the info I got was not useful. Basically what he was saying was some officer processes cases quicker and some slow; and some cases take longer and some don’t. All he could tell me was my case was still under review. Sigh.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, UpstateNYer said:

Okay, now I am really worried what is going on. My coworker just told me they applied after me, did their fingerprints in Feb and got their interview scheduled at end of March. Same office.

I realized that processing times likely depend not only on your field office, but also the agent in charge of it.

i applied at the end of October, and I’ve seen several people with the same field office getting interview, and even take the oath, before I even got my invitation to one (happening this week!!)

This process definitely takes patience.

Edited by Cécy

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.