daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Souma10 said:

Thank u for ur reply . Yes I did disclosed it in n400 , Yes I do have certified copy from Court, I did file my N400 under 3 years , I do have police report. By the way I got 10 years card without any issue .

You should be fine since you have court disposition which states all the charges were dropped. Make sure bring all the original documents regarding this incident to the interview. The good thing is it was dismissed otherwise if plead guilty it was a crime of moral turpitude. you would had to wait 3 years before applying. in this case it wont affect you but i am not an attorney so still have any concerns feel free to consult with an attorney.

Edited by Fahad86

38 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

You should be fine since you have court disposition which states all the charges were dropped. Make sure bring all the original documents regarding this incident to the interview. The good thing is it was dismissed otherwise if plead guilty it was a crime of moral turpitude. you would had to wait 3 years before applying. in this case it wont affect you but i am not an attorney so still have any concerns feel free to consult with an attorney.

Thank you I do appreciate ur reply. 

6 hours ago, MordecaiRigby said:

Hi guys, I had my interview today and I thought I'd share how it went.

It was scheduled for 10:55 am. I had to drive 2 hours to get there and I wasn't sure how bad the traffic will be, so in the end I arrived an hour early. I went in and got my picture and fingerprints taken around 10:25 am. My interview didn't start until 12:25 pm. So it was a lot of waiting time! They were playing the Kobe Bryant memorial in the waiting room as I waited.

The actual interview took somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes. The interviewing officer was very polite and official. I swear he looked just like Seth Gilliam in "The Walking Dead" 😅

I had to present my green card and driver's license.

He started with the civics test. My questions were:

1. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?

2. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?

3. What is the political party of the President now?

4. Who is one of your state’s U.S. Senators now?

5. Who vetoes bills?

6. What are the two major political parties in the Unites States?

Then I had the reading and writing test. Can't remember the reading part, but I had to write the sentence: "The people elect Congress".

Then there were the questions about my application, such as confirm my full name, DOB, did the address change, how many times have you been married, are you still married, etc.

Then there were the questions such as "have you ever belonged to a communist party/killed anyone/belonged to a terrorist organization/been a prostitute or paid for sex/worked at a detention center or prison, etc"

Then there were the declarations pertaining to the Oath, such as "Do you understand the full Oath? Are you willing to serve in the military if needed" etc. Then I signed the document electronically.

The officer did not ask for any other documents. Didn't want to see the original marriage certificate or my husband's birth certificate/passport, even though my appointment letter said to bring those with me.

By the way, you were all right - my husband's absence was a non-issue. Didn't even ask about it.

I was told that I would get my oath ceremony letter in a couple of weeks and that most likely it'll be a "special ceremony in March", which got me super excited for a second, because I remember seeing that they held an oath ceremony last year at the Grand Canyon National Park and I though it would be super cool, but then he said "most likely it'll be at a school in Scottsdale". Oh well...

That's it!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Thank you so much for posting such an extensive description of your interview.  Truly a very helpful post.  Also, I noticed that the Scottsdale USCIS field office processes applications rather quickly.  A big congratulations to you and yours...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi there,

Congratulations Sartre

My interview was yesterday as well. I was in about 30min early and my interview started over an hour past the scheduled time. The interview itself took maybe 20 min.

Civic questions:

If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?

What are the two major political parties in the United States?

What is one reason colonists came to America?

What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?

During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?

I think the last one was: How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

Then I had to read the sentence "What is the capital of United States?" (or something similar) and write "Mexico is south of United States". 

Yes/No questions, declarations pertaining to the Oath. And that was it, waiting for a date for the Oath now.

I asked if I can get a sooner date for the Oath since I want to travel for my grandma's 70th birthday in the beginning of May. She made a note on my application and said that they should be able to add me to the upcoming March or April ceremony. I just checked my status and my estimated case completion moved to May (ugh).

4 hours ago, VVirgie said:

Hi there,

Congratulations Sartre

It was actually @MordecaiRigby 🙂

Also, congrats on your approval!

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I just checked myUSCIS page and now it shows:

image.png.e9256579290c591f653a1f48c3d027d6.png

Congratulations @VVirgie

January 2011 - met in USA

Sep 28, 2013 - wedding in Poland

USCIS:

Sep 23, 2015 - mailed I-130 package to Chicago lockbox

Nov 3, 2015 - I-130 approved (29 days from NOA1)

Nov 12, 2015 - received NOA2 via snail mail

NVC:

Jan 2, 2016 - DS-261 submitted

Feb 6, 2016 - DS-260 submitted

CONSULATE:

Apr 26, 2016 - medical exam

May 10, 2016 - interview at the Embassy in Warsaw, Poland - result: APPROVED!

May 16, 2016 - visa in hand

POE:

Jul 23, 2016 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

NATURALIZATION:

Dec 16, 2019 - filed N-400 online

Feb 24, 2020 - naturalization interview in Phoenix, AZ

Mar 10, 2020 - naturalization oath ceremony in Phoenix, AZ

5 minutes ago, JamesFL said:

Hi @Amadia

I've also filed N400 at WPB around 2 weeks after you - Still waiting on interview.

Please keep me updated if you get scheduled.

James are you in Miami FL ?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Mine went from 10 months to 12 months. ☹️

I believe you applied in Chicago.  If so, that's really too bad because supposedly Chicago has improved their processing times. It currently shows  a range of 6.5 to 11.5 months.  Maybe they will change your time again for the better in keeping with the new posted times. 

7 hours ago, JamesFL said:

Hi @Amadia

I've also filed N400 at WPB around 2 weeks after you - Still waiting on interview.

Please keep me updated if you get scheduled.

Hi! It's great finding other filers going thru WPB office :dance: 

Also, I recommend updating your Timeline here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=355079

and adding your details to the Google doc in my signature below :D 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, just joining the group. Congrats to whom have been approved 🎉🎊
Is someone applying in the San Bernardino, CA  center? thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.