daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
26 minutes ago, jsilva89 said:

Went to infopass appointment 

wow, u're are couple days before me. I filed on 12/13 and Biometric is also in early Jan. Hope I should hear something soon. 

USCIS:

2016-04-16: Filed I-129F

2016-04-18: USPS tracking shows package as delivered

2016-04-20: NOA1 E-mail received. Routed to CSC for processing.

2016-07-13: NOA2 App Notification. (84 days)

2016-07-19: NOA2 Hard Copy Rec'd

NVC:

2016-07-28: NVC case received

2016-07-29: NVC case #

2016-08-02: NVC left to Embassy (In Transit)

Embassy:

2016-08-04: Case is "READY"

2016-09-07: Medical exam

2016-09-12: Interview (APPROVED)

2016-10-01: JFK POE (Ticket booked)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

On Monday we got a call from the Mount Laurel, NJ field office cancelling our infopass appointment for ADIT stamp because they said we had an interview scheduled within 30 days and didn’t want people in the office if it wasn’t necessary due to Covid. Today the account updated with the letter and my husbands interview is on 9/24/2020 (which happens to be our 4th wedding anniversary). We were totally not expecting an interview any time soon or even this year, 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

On Monday we got a call from the Mount Laurel, NJ field office cancelling our infopass appointment for ADIT stamp because they said we had an interview scheduled within 30 days and didn’t want people in the office if it wasn’t necessary due to Covid. Today the account updated with the letter and my husbands interview is on 9/24/2020 (which happens to be our 4th wedding anniversary). We were totally not expecting an interview any time soon or even this year, 

This is amazing, they start to move forwards, your timeline is same as mine. Hope I can get some update soon. I’m Mt Laurel office as well. Can I ask how can you know if your application is transfered to Philly then to Mt Laurel? (I see ur timeline details for N400...)

USCIS:

2016-04-16: Filed I-129F

2016-04-18: USPS tracking shows package as delivered

2016-04-20: NOA1 E-mail received. Routed to CSC for processing.

2016-07-13: NOA2 App Notification. (84 days)

2016-07-19: NOA2 Hard Copy Rec'd

NVC:

2016-07-28: NVC case received

2016-07-29: NVC case #

2016-08-02: NVC left to Embassy (In Transit)

Embassy:

2016-08-04: Case is "READY"

2016-09-07: Medical exam

2016-09-12: Interview (APPROVED)

2016-10-01: JFK POE (Ticket booked)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 hours ago, zzmr_qzz said:

This is amazing, they start to move forwards, your timeline is same as mine. Hope I can get some update soon. I’m Mt Laurel office as well. Can I ask how can you know if your application is transfered to Philly then to Mt Laurel? (I see ur timeline details for N400...)

We moved to NJ and after we changed our address with USCIS they sent a letter that our case had been sent to Mount Laurel. Originally we lived had lived in the Philly jurisdiction. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
47 minutes ago, daniel4310 said:

My journey will end today! In an hour I’ll have my oath ceremony :) crazy to think I know some of you guys since 2015 when we first applied for a K1 VISA. I first moved here in 2010 on a F1 student visa, today is finally the day I was dreaming about since I was little boy. I wish nothing but the best to everyone in here!!! 

Good luck and congrats 🎉 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
47 minutes ago, daniel4310 said:

My journey will end today! In an hour I’ll have my oath ceremony :) crazy to think I know some of you guys since 2015 when we first applied for a K1 VISA. I first moved here in 2010 on a F1 student visa, today is finally the day I was dreaming about since I was little boy. I wish nothing but the best to everyone in here!!! 

Congratulations!  Yes, it's been quite a journey and  we are all looking forward to saying "today is finally the day"!

4 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

Congratulations!  Yes, it's been quite a journey and  we are all looking forward to saying "today is finally the day"!

Congratulations and thank you for being a great interpreter  of USCIS esoterica.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
11 minutes ago, RengaKer said:

My estimated completion time was August, 2020. Now it just disappeared.

Seems like we will be waiting until December 2020, at least in NJ.

Mine disappeared too. I think I will have my interview in January . 

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Chaka Quaker said:

My estimated completion time says (January 2021), but I have my oath ceremony next month. I think the estimate is not accurate and you could probably get an interview sooner.

I hope so but Newark office is moving very slowly. They are processing applications from July/August 2019.

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

Hi guys, 

Thank you all for sharing your journey. 

I'm in a bit of a conundrum and I'm hoping to receive some thoughts on this. 

I've filed for naturalization via the 3 year marriage rule in December and my interview is set within two weeks. 

Upon preparing for the interview I've come across Tax related questions and I noticed that I'm also liable for my spouses taxes. 

We filed the 2016 returns late (in 2018) and recently discovered we owed funds for that year due to my spouse. I didn't have an income then as I only arrived in the US in December 2016.

Long story short we just paid off the full amount owed for that year. (like few days ago) well after interview date was issued. 

For the remainder of the tax years we have filed on time and we don't owe anything to the IRS. 

I'm concerned that this would hamper in my abilities for good moral character and even more concerned that for the question of owing taxes I had confidently answered "No" when it probably should have been a "yes" at the time of filing. 

It was a genuine error in my part as my spouse and I didn't think I'd have an affiliation. But clearly we realized I do since we did file jointly. 

During the interview can I make a correction for this part? What else can I do so it doesn't appear as willful misrepresentation. Does it help that we have cleared all of our dues or it's too late cause we didn't do it "before" filing the naturalization application. 

Thank you all for the help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.