daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Giovanna024 said:

Did you get your Oath Date??

Yes I did. Next week Friday August 28th at 8AM. No one is allowed to come with me, it’ll be a 1 on 1 thing behind a glass wall.

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

2 minutes ago, daniel4310 said:

Yes I did. Next week Friday August 28th at 8AM. No one is allowed to come with me, it’ll be a 1 on 1 thing behind a glass wall.

Ok great! I am waiting mine to show on Document Tab, they Mailed letter today🎊🍾🎈

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

Seems like you should be getting an interview notice any day now.

Oh boy...fingers and toes crossed! :rofl:  

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

On 8/19/2020 at 12:04 PM, Giovanna024 said:

I passed!!!! Miami Doea NOT have same day Oath! 
Had my N400 Interview in MIAMI, FL. I dont remember questions honestly because I was so nervouse but the IO said to me :" Wow You study those questions, ha? I dont have time to type the answers" 🤣🤣🤣
So He asked about my personal Info
Then he askedd about Taxes Becauae I sae YES I Owe Taxes from 2018 and I sadi i payed off everythening provide him with IRS documents, he updated that I dont owe Taxes. 
We went to yes no questions. 
Never asked about Anything  definition of words or staff like that.  I was Approved and Now wait for OATH in couple of days. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Good luck everyone and Thank You Everyone for support.

Giovanna, that is fantastic  news.  Congratulations and I hope that your oath ceremony happens very, very soon.  

1 hour ago, Sartre said:

Giovanna, that is fantastic  news.  Congratulations and I hope that your oath ceremony happens very, very soon.  

Grazie my friend🙏

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If applying for NATURALIZATION AS THE SPOUSE of a United States Citizen;
Your marriage certificate.
Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.
Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

Has anyone used their spouses US passport to fulfill proof of US citizenship instead of birth certificate (list of things to bring to the naturalization interview)?

5 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

Has anyone used their spouses US passport to fulfill proof of US citizenship instead of birth certificate (list of things to bring to the naturalization interview)?

The following is from the check-off list of documents necessary as proof of spousal citizenship.  Please note the "or" after each mentioned proof.

If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen, send the following 4 items: 1.  Evidence that your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last 3 years:

a. Birth certificate (if your spouse never lost citizenship since birth); or
b. 
Certificate of Naturalization; or
c. 
Certificate of Citizenship; or
d. 
The inside of the front cover and signature page of your spouse’s current U.S. passport.

However, just to be safe, I would send a copy of  "Certificate of Naturalization" or "Certificate of Naturalization" unless lost or whatever (To be on the safe side, if lost you might want to have at least the paperwork of requesting (expensive) a new Certificate of Naturalization).  

Here is a link to the full list of documents required when applying using the N-400 form. Just a warning, I've seen other required document lists that have an "and" after "Certificate of Naturalization and" USA passport". 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/M-477.pdf

Just a warning, the above requirements could easily be changed by USCIS.  

Best of luck to you...

1 hour ago, fishbowltx said:

Are you in a battleground state with delayed Naturalization? If so, please reach out to AILA and have our cause heard. 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/agency-liaison/case-examples/call-for-examples-sympathetic-stories-highlighting

We see no new citizenship interviews being scheduled at the Philadelphia, PA (battleground state) USCIS office which caused unreasonable delays and you can see our super duper frustration in the thread below. But the article in the above link only asks for attorney name and email, not applicants.

Edited by MrKo

1 hour ago, fishbowltx said:

Are you in a battleground state with delayed Naturalization? If so, please reach out to AILA and have our cause heard. 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/agency-liaison/case-examples/call-for-examples-sympathetic-stories-highlighting

Plus, this article seems to just ask for support/advocacy for not furloughing USCIS staffs rather than pushing the offices to start processing cases more efficiently. The Philadelphia office, WITHOUT furlough, has already become a blackhole when it comes to naturalization progress. So what is the point to support if they don't process our cases no matter what?

12 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

I took my spouse’s passport, but they didn’t ask for anything. The IO will most likely have your file with the copy of your spouse’s passport anyways.

10 minutes ago, AFN said:

No, NOT actually good news according to what the news articles say, read again and read carefully...

Edlow warned of "cost-reducing" actions that could result in increased wait times and prolong the processing of certain cases, like citizenship applications, in the absence of congressional action. USCIS declined to make Edlow available for an interview, but in a statement sent to reporters, he said a future furlough remains a possibility. 

"Our workforce is the backbone of every USCIS accomplishment. Their resilience and strength of character always serves the nation well, but in this year of uncertainty, they remain steadfast in their mission administering our nation's lawful immigration system, safeguarding its integrity and protecting the American people, even as a furlough loomed before them," Edlow said. "However, averting this furlough comes at a severe operational cost that will increase backlogs and wait times across the board, with no guarantee we can avoid future furloughs."

While the article points out that there will still be issues until Congress takes action, I think that the incremental delays created by the change in procedure would pale in comparison to the delays created by 70% of USCIS employees being furloughed. Any development that keeps the ball rolling is good news.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.