daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Amadia said:

I had an inkling to call USCIS this morning but I'm now getting a chance to post about it here @Giovanna024 @JamesFL @sdultra 

Here goes....I called USCIS to inquire on my application with the explanation that the online account updates are non-existent and/or inaccurate and that progress on applications are happening WITHOUT any updates on the online accounts but only by calls into USCIS customer service line or snail mail.

I spoke with a lovely agent named Chelsea who was very helpful in providing info on my case. This time, I allowed her to speak about my case without letting her know of the updates other agents shared with me on previous calls.

She told me that the status of my case right now is that I am put in line for an interview since early January (I'm aware), she said that the West Palm Beach FL field office has not sent them any scheduling calendar for interviews just yet and (here's the kicker!) offices in Florida have NOT RESUMED NORMAL SERVICES AND WILL DO SO ON OR AROUND JULY 13, 2020.

She told me that the offices are only open at bare minimal capacity and performing emergency services only and no face-to-face services, even though Florida offices are not listed under the USCIS Office Closure page, they are technically still closed to the general public. This pertains to all USCIS field offices in south Florida - West Palm Beach, Miami, Tampa, Oakland Park, Hialeah, etc.

And I was wondering what’s taking so long in Tampa. This makes sense.... I’m pretty sure I should be one of the first ones to be scheduled once they open again, but this is just crazy. Wouldn’t surprise me if we have another shutdown before the 13th lol. Just our luck.... maybe we’ll be citizens by 2021 haha 

3 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

I think everyone in this group was hoping to vote this year.  My hopes aren't too high for me to vote this year but we shall see.

Here is a link to see when you need to regristre by to vote for the November election.

https://www.marieclaire.com/politics/a26251797/2020-election-voter-registration-deadlines/

At this point I don’t even think I’ll be a citizen by the end of the year lol 

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

1 hour ago, Amadia said:

I had an inkling to call USCIS this morning but I'm now getting a chance to post about it here @Giovanna024 @JamesFL @sdultra 

She told me that the status of my case right now is that I am put in line for an interview since early January (I'm aware), she said that the West Palm Beach FL field office has not sent them any scheduling calendar for interviews just yet and (here's the kicker!) offices in Florida have NOT RESUMED NORMAL SERVICES AND WILL DO SO ON OR AROUND JULY 13, 2020.

She told me that the offices are only open at bare minimal capacity and performing emergency services only and no face-to-face services, even though Florida offices are not listed under the USCIS Office Closure page, they are technically still closed to the general public. This pertains to all USCIS field offices in south Florida - West Palm Beach, Miami, Tampa, Oakland Park, Hialeah, etc.

Thank You so much! I am devasteded even more now then before. I wish that they mention that insetad of me waiting and hoping every day.

Thank You so much for this info!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
42 minutes ago, daniel4310 said:

At this point I don’t even think I’ll be a citizen by the end of the year lol 

I know right! Does Tampa not have same day oath or at least really fast? Kansas City are always really slow with their oath unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

I know right! Does Tampa not have same day oath or at least really fast? Kansas City are always really slow with their oath unfortunately 

I know they didn’t do same day before all of this.  My friend had her interview a couple weeks before the shutdown and had to wait for the oath. Maybe they’ll do it now. 

ROC/N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

Timeline
2 minutes ago, daniel4310 said:

I know they didn’t do same day before all of this.  My friend had her interview a couple weeks before the shutdown and had to wait for the oath. Maybe they’ll do it now. 

She was lucky she made it before all this. Fingers crossed! I'm ready to be done with USCIS this way at least. Will still have to do N600 after but no worries on that one at all! 

1 minute ago, Georgia16 said:

She was lucky she made it before all this. Fingers crossed! I'm ready to be done with USCIS this way at least. Will still have to do N600 after but no worries on that one at all! 

What benefit is the N600 giving you? I’ve never even heard about it. ill be filling for my mom once I’m done, so I’m gonna start it all over for her lol 

ROC/N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

Timeline
1 minute ago, daniel4310 said:

What benefit is the N600 giving you? I’ve never even heard about it. ill be filling for my mom once I’m done, so I’m gonna start it all over for her lol 

Not for me but for my son so he has a proof on citizenship :) He will still get a passport also but I prefer him to have both. 

That's nice she wants to come over too and be closer to you! My parents would never leave DK. It will still be more fun to be on the usc side of an application! 

2 hours ago, Amadia said:

Here goes....I called USCIS to inquire on my application with the explanation that the online account updates are non-existent and/or inaccurate and that progress on applications are happening WITHOUT any updates on the online accounts but only by calls into USCIS customer service line or snail mail.

I spoke with a lovely agent named Chelsea who was very helpful in providing info on my case. This time, I allowed her to speak about my case without letting her know of the updates other agents shared with me on previous calls.

Thank you for the update.

Not the news I wanted to hear but at least we have some confirmation now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, JamesFL said:

Thank you for the update.

Not the news I wanted to hear but at least we have some confirmation now.

I have had the same thing today. Called up and was told my application is waiting to be scheduled for an interview.... 

24 minutes ago, cookiemonsta said:

I have had the same thing today. Called up and was told my application is waiting to be scheduled for an interview.... 

Where's your field office?

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

2 hours ago, cookiemonsta said:

Really? You got also notification that was canceled?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

16 hours ago, Amadia said:

This is so weird because i also called them to check what offices are closed using this 1 (800) 375-5283, then press - 1, 1, 2, 2, #   and they told me that all offices are open except the ASC. It seems like there is a great discrepancy as to what they provide on the phone to the people.

45 minutes ago, lucardo3 said:

This is so weird because i also called them to check what offices are closed using this 1 (800) 375-5283, then press - 1, 1, 2, 2, #   and they told me that all offices are open except the ASC. It seems like there is a great discrepancy as to what they provide on the phone to the people.

I think he was saying the offices were open but just not resumed to normal services yet. 

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Yesterday I spent two hours trying to phone through to USCIS today at the 1800 number. After tons of frustration I finally got through to a human after punching random combos of numbers. I requested immediately to speak to the highest person in charge. All I was told was that my cases are that the local office and will be scheduled depending on the number in front of me. My I751 (pending 19 months) is super out of normal processing time and when I asked about what to do when my extension runs out, they told me right now they're not taking infopass appointments and to call back in the 30 days before it expires. 

So my frustrations led me to a free consult at the local immigration attorney yesterday afternoon. He told me most USCIS office are "open", but they're not actually open. They prirotized oaths and are struggling to find a way to open "safely" for interviews. He said the offices in NJ/NYC want to move to video interviews, where you're still in the office but not face to face with an officer. There's apparently pilot programs of this in select states and they're working out the kinks. He said more than likely  NJ/NYC will begin scheduling at the end of July and start interviews in August/September right as they furlough. So this doesn't look like it'll ever end. As for my I751, that's where it came in that with lots of money  and forms to him that it could get approved faster. 

I absolutely can not believe that USCIS can not open safely. Now most everything is open in NJ and I can go to the packed beach/boardwalk, eat at a packed restuarant, go to the packed grocery store or Lowes, but I can't get interviewed by USCIS because they out of all these places can't figure out how to be safe. I'm absolutely frustrated and over this and in a short time I'll have to fight on the phone for an infopass appointment for my I751 because I need a license to drive for my job (they've already brought it up that's its expiring).  Sorry to vent here, it's just extrememly disappointing and frustraing that they can't figure this Covid safety thing out and also plan to lay off 70% of their worker at the same time, while giving us absolutely no answers or direction.  

Edited by jsilva89

Thanks for sharing @jsilva89 

You made me to sign up this website. I am 100% agree with you as I am also waiting I-751 from NJ office. It's hard to believe that field offices in NJ have absolutely no backup plan for those with drivers license expiration. When reaching out to USCIS, I feel like I am talking to a wall. The least I am hoping for is at least they inform applicants whether they resume to process for each categories. Passport agencies post their monthly processing numbers now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.