Wilson & Hannah

DONT use Universal Translation Services !! AOS

6 posts in this topic

This is both a warning and a cry for help.. Got my birth certificate translated with Universal Translation Services (www.universal-translation-services.com) and paid $97 for a hard copy and one page of translation to include to my AOS package. When I got both the electronic version and the physical copy (with the stamp) in the mail, it was completely illegible (see attached). I've already complained to them and told them my attorney rejected it but they want some kind of proof that the USCIS rejected it. lol. sorry, i'm not going to risk getting an RFE over something I cant even read. Just to continue the rant, me and my mom had to translate the whole thing after they sent us a draft because they made the stupidest mistakes in Japanese. The translation was sad.

Anyway, our plan B was to just attach a blown up copy to the original (illegible) certified translation and include an explanation to why we did so. Do y'all think the USCIS would have an issue with that?

Thanks guys! x

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 6.44.33 PM.png

While professional document translation can be quite expensive, it is not necessary if you know a friend or relative who is fluent in both languages.  Most translation companies charge by the word.  

According to the USCIS and Code of Federal Regulations 8 CFR 103.2(b)(3)"Any document containing foreign language submitted to USCIS shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English."

The petitioner or beneficiary cannot translate the documents since this would be a conflict of interest.  There are some good tips on ***removed***:  https://www.***removed***/translation-of-non-english-documents-for-us-immigration/

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I’ve used them several times, last time was for a vehicle istamara for a car shipped from Saudi.  Every time I get to proofread and correct the document before it is finalized.  
Your experience does not reflect ours as they have always done a good job for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.