38 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Transparent.

How about: give notice to their tenants and move back into their property; pay their own utility bills; close their Philippines bank accounts or transfer the assets over; move the pets over; buy a car (or two), etc. 

can they and would they check if my parents have properties here? Yes it just so happen that the tenant moved out and its now under renovation i’ll ask him to leave it empty for our arrival. But honestly we will live in my sisters house amd it is also my parentss adress on their license and voters id,  you think it is a bad idea if i put in my application that we will be staying there instead of my parents house!

38 minutes ago, Ross manila said:

can they and would they check if my parents have properties here? Yes it just so happen that the tenant moved out and its now under renovation i’ll ask him to leave it empty for our arrival. But honestly we will live in my sisters house amd it is also my parentss adress on their license and voters id,  you think it is a bad idea if i put in my application that we will be staying there instead of my parents house!

Given your parents are semi retired it’s highly likely they will need to use assets (property) to prove they have adequate funds to sponsor you... 

it will take more than a phone bill to prove domicile sorry.. they will need to provide evidence that they actually live in the us... 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
2 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Given your parents are semi retired it’s highly likely they will need to use assets (property) to prove they have adequate funds to sponsor you... 

it will take more than a phone bill to prove domicile sorry.. they will need to provide evidence that they actually live in the us... 

Yes they are both retirees, own a property which they rent out, and both receiving pensions deposited in their us bank accounts, paying taxes but not voting though they have registered.

5 hours ago, Ross manila said:

It’s a bad idea, a very bad idea, to lie about things on official forms. I was not at all suggesting you falsely give an address that they will not actually live at, I was giving you suggestions about how they could genuinely prove domicile. My impression now remains one that your parents don’t actually genuinely intend to permanently move back, and I think you are soliciting opinions on how to try game the system, which is not how VJ works. We arrive back at the original conclusion: without genuine domicile in the US, they are not eligible to sponsor you. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

There's only one way for your parents to petition for you - move back to the US.

If you want to play games - then understand that you risk getting denied and risk your kids not being able to immigrate.

Seems at this point, you are looking for advice to trick the US Embassy into believing your parents live in the US without any intentions of them moving.

I'm out.  

Timeline
12 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s a bad idea, a very bad idea, to lie about things on official forms. I was not at all suggesting you falsely give an address that they will not actually live at, I was giving you suggestions about how they could genuinely prove domicile. My impression now remains one that your parents don’t actually genuinely intend to permanently move back, and I think you are soliciting opinions on how to try game the system, which is not how VJ works. We arrive back at the original conclusion: without genuine domicile in the US, they are not eligible to sponsor you. 

Hi susieQQQ. What made you say that i am trying to play games here. Everything i said and will put in my forms are true. First i am asking if NVC  can trace if they have property HERE in PHILIPPINES because they have and we dont want to declare it bec it might mean that they are investing outside US. Second they have a house in US which can be proven by titles and paid mortgages plus contracts from realtors that it is rented out plus they also pay taxes for the rents. Second, since my sister has no one to live with her and it is a 7bedroom house plus the fact that my parents house is rented out, they stay with her everytime they visit US and all their mails and license and voters id are all under my sisters address. Third we are actually living there when we come because it means FREE home and REUNIFICATION because my parents will stay there too ( though honestly they will come back and forth bet US and PHIL).  Aside from all these i am only soliciting advice NOT to play game but as to what MORE can we do to prove domicile. I need ideas because we need to start working it out like them going back. From the start ive been honest with you all that we lost hope of this petition being current thats why they moved back. My parents are in their early 70s so whats better than to be with your children and grandchildren. But in moving here they have acquired properties which they cannot easily sell. I apologize if i gave you the wrong idea but thanks to everyone😍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I seriously doubt any of us have the wrong idea.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.