julianthecat

CENOMAR for CR1 at Singapore embassy

3 posts in this topic

I'm posting in this subforum to hopefully get some advice from those who have dealt with this before as Filipinos abroad, but if this thread's in the wrong place Mods please move it as you see fit.  

My wife is a Philippines citizen but was born abroad and has never lived there.  We were married in the US on a tourist visa and now she is back in Singapore and we're applying for a CR-1.   We're still a long ways away from the embassy stage of the process, but we're starting to get documents together anyway.  I saw on the Singapore embassy Web site that she is required to order a CENOMAR from the PSA:  

Filipino applicants and applicants of other nationalities residing in the Philippines: You must obtain a “Certificate of No Marriage” (CENOMAR) from the Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA). The PSA must send the CENOMAR by mail directly to the Immigrant Visa Unit, Consular Section, U.S. Embassy Singapore, 27 Napier Road, Singapore 258508. We will not accept CENOMARs submitted by individual applicants.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/SGP-Singapore.html#pre_interview_checklist

We have not registered our marriage with the Philippines, and weren't intending to do so because she doesn't plan on ever living there.  Is that going to present a problem for our US visa case? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, julianthecat said:

I'm posting in this subforum to hopefully get some advice from those who have dealt with this before as Filipinos abroad, but if this thread's in the wrong place Mods please move it as you see fit.  

My wife is a Philippines citizen but was born abroad and has never lived there.  We were married in the US on a tourist visa and now she is back in Singapore and we're applying for a CR-1.   We're still a long ways away from the embassy stage of the process, but we're starting to get documents together anyway.  I saw on the Singapore embassy Web site that she is required to order a CENOMAR from the PSA:  

We have not registered our marriage with the Philippines, and weren't intending to do so because she doesn't plan on ever living there.  Is that going to present a problem for our US visa case? 

You may want to check with the Embassy in Singapore on the CENOMAR.  I know for Manila regarding Filipinos (or former Filipinos) if they did not live in the Philippines from age 18 or old they did not need to submit a CENOMAR.   

If the embassy states she still needs the CENOMAR it can be ordered online.   

You don't want to use the mail as a delivery method .. if you want to call PhilPost a delivery method .. it is more like a black hole.  ;)    Setup a FEDEX acct or such and use that for delivery to the embassy.

PSA Documents:  
CENOMAR, Birth Certificate can be ordered online:  https://nsohelpline.ph
(NOTE: When getting PSA (NSO) certified copies of your Birth Certificate get a few extra copies to bring to the States with you.   You will need a birth certificate from time to time..

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.