Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AGF said:

I’m sorry.. I myself persisted in talking to a supervisor, and argued my case very politely but very firmly. I was granted an in-person appointment and got my social security card exactly a week after the appointment.. did they grant you an in-person meeting?

I believe they were telling everyone the same when they called. Had we known an in-person was possible and necessary, we definitely would have asked for a supervisor. Buuuuut, you live and learn. I’m especially grateful for the lady we spoke to today. She was really helpful. She said she couldn’t say what the supervisor would say, but that with my husband working and his employer needing the number, his case should qualify as dire need. I remember your post about one week later, so we are hoping to hear back this week and get an appointment this week if possible. That way he can get the card next week or early the week after. 

Grateful for this forum because it has helped us navigate this craziness during a very odd time with corona. We are happy he has a job and they are being gracious in the process. It helps make navigating this a little easier.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I'm also waiting for my SSN and Card. We called the social security and they told us it could take 30 to 40 days actually to get the card ...

Did you guys got a interview date by chance ? I'm at Case ready for appointment since May 5th ... 😕 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, toosweetaggie said:

I believe they were telling everyone the same when they called. Had we known an in-person was possible and necessary, we definitely would have asked for a supervisor. Buuuuut, you live and learn. I’m especially grateful for the lady we spoke to today. She was really helpful. She said she couldn’t say what the supervisor would say, but that with my husband working and his employer needing the number, his case should qualify as dire need. I remember your post about one week later, so we are hoping to hear back this week and get an appointment this week if possible. That way he can get the card next week or early the week after. 

Grateful for this forum because it has helped us navigate this craziness during a very odd time with corona. We are happy he has a job and they are being gracious in the process. It helps make navigating this a little easier.

So so true.. if not for this community, we would not be able to DIY our journey! And we don’t have the money to get a lawyer, so this forum is our lifeline 😊

I hope you can too. I cited 3 things when the supervisor asked why I need an in-person meeting: to be added to my husband’s health and life insurances, to be able to find a job, and to be added to his bank accounts. Then I finished it all with me saying that I cannot risk sending my ID’s and walk around for a couple of days without any proper identification.. she agreed to take me in, and when I got there, she processed my application in about 5 minutes, told me it would take 7-10 days for the card to be delivered, and true enough, exactly a week passed when I received it. 

I hope all goes well for you guys.. keep us posted 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
43 minutes ago, sebastiend said:

I'm also waiting for my SSN and Card. We called the social security and they told us it could take 30 to 40 days actually to get the card ...

Did you guys got a interview date by chance ? I'm at Case ready for appointment since May 5th ... 😕 

We are still waiting for our interview.. ours was ready since February 14, no changes whatsoever.. I read from a different topic here that rumor has it that they are prioritizing naturalizations.. When I check 500 cases near our number from the case tracker, there are only 2 AOS that were approved so far... almost everyone near my case is stuck in Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview.  I hope your SSN comes in the mail soon 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
20 minutes ago, AGF said:

We are still waiting for our interview.. ours was ready since February 14, no changes whatsoever.. I read from a different topic here that rumor has it that they are prioritizing naturalizations.. When I check 500 cases near our number from the case tracker, there are only 2 AOS that were approved so far... almost everyone near my case is stuck in Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview.  I hope your SSN comes in the mail soon 😊

I hope you guys get your interview soon. 

Ever since he got his EAD and SSN I haven’t really been checking the status of our case much. Those were the two most important  things. We are not stressing anymore. Time has flown by since he got those. 

Edited by Ozark

53 minutes ago, AGF said:

its not a rumor. its been in the news that they want N-400 as priority 

duh

Like most of you we are waiting for our interview. Husband got his EAD combo card in March so it expires in March 2021. Do we have to send another application request to extend that 6 months prior? That'd be September 2020 and at the rate interviews are going I can't see getting one for AOS by then.

Am I thinking correctly on the combo extension timeframe?

2 minutes ago, Juls801 said:

Like most of you we are waiting for our interview. Husband got his EAD combo card in March so it expires in March 2021. Do we have to send another application request to extend that 6 months prior? That'd be September 2020 and at the rate interviews are going I can't see getting one for AOS by then.

Am I thinking correctly on the combo extension timeframe?

Yes correct 

Edited by James120383

duh

12 hours ago, rsanda said:

Hello Guys,

This an update on my timeline:

Biometrics Done: January , 6 2020

Case was updated to show fingerprints was taken: January 29, 2020

Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview : February 17, 2020

Interview was scheduled : February 18, 2020

Interview was canceled: March 18, 2020

Interview has been scheduled as at July 6, 2020

Waiting for the letter

Am super excited 😃💃

Wishing everyone the best!!!!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.0ee54d2b4c7c460e72dc1e467b35c353.png

What Field office is this ?

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My husband finally got his SS card. He received it in the mail yesterday. It took exactly 4 days as he went in for the appointment on Monday morning. Taxes a filed and now we are just trying to get everything else squared away. Green card is a long way off with an average 350 day wait in Houston, but glad to have everything else to be able to do life. 😁💙

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Dear December Tribe, I found this video. Soooo, apparently uscis is not longer outsourcing the production of green cards and work permits since sometime in June.  They are producing them themselves. Therefore, the delays...  

USCIS Budget Crisis: Stopped Production of Green …: https://youtu.be/yMzdQxjnpNI

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, beaubeast said:

Dear December Tribe, I found this video. Soooo, apparently uscis is not longer outsourcing the production of green cards and work permits since sometime in June.  They are producing them themselves. Therefore, the delays...  

USCIS Budget Crisis: Stopped Production of Green …: https://youtu.be/yMzdQxjnpNI

Interesting, I am glad that my husband got his work authorization in May then. Sounds like we will have to renew the work authorization before we ever get a green card based on all the delays. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.