Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

The website is not accurate. And yes, I am talking about the NBC. EADs/APs are always processed through the NBC. Actual GCs are processed by your local field office - however since COVID, the NBC has been granting then without an interview. When did you do your bios? 

He did it January 31 and it was updated in the system on the same day. And o okay, good to know. Well then there is definitely hope, for all three, but most important is the work permit and social security. So prayerfully it will be in mid-June. He is applying for jobs for the time being. If he gets an offer, we will definitely try expediting. With the unexpected little one on the way, my job alone is good for now, but pretty soon we NEED him to be working.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

He did it January 31 and it was updated in the system on the same day. And o okay, good to know. Well then there is definitely hope, for all three, but most important is the work permit and social security. So prayerfully it will be in mid-June. He is applying for jobs for the time being. If he gets an offer, we will definitely try expediting. With the unexpected little one on the way, my job alone is good for now, but pretty soon we NEED him to be working.

I understand 100%. I do not have a SSN and we want to do taxes. We feel like we are barely farting by because I have not been able to work. The job offer I took was a true blessing for us. I am so thankful. Start date is supposed to be June 8, but it’ll likely be a week or 2 after that if my application won’t be completed until June 10th. 

good luck 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

I understand 100%. I do not have a SSN and we want to do taxes. We feel like we are barely farting by because I have not been able to work. The job offer I took was a true blessing for us. I am so thankful. Start date is supposed to be June 8, but it’ll likely be a week or 2 after that if my application won’t be completed until June 10th. 

good luck 

Yea, it truly is a waiting game. Thanks for all your help. You have restored our hope. 🙂 Best wishes to you all as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, toosweetaggie said:

Yea, it truly is a waiting game. Thanks for all your help. You have restored our hope. 🙂 Best wishes to you all as well.

I know. It’s stressful. Completely. But you’ve made it this far - not too much longer. All the best to you!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
3 hours ago, toosweetaggie said:

So we just learned our paperwork is being processed by the National Benefit Center, not California (not sure where we got that from). They are only just now processing EAD/AP paperwork from September 2019. We filed our paperwork at the end of December. I noticed many of you are applying for jobs, getting jobs, and using those offers to expedite the process. We are wondering should we do the same. This whole time we were counting on my husband working at least by June, but at this rate he won’t be working until September and our baby is due in October. This delay has also messed up the timeline for his social security number and his ITIN appointment was cancelled because of corona, so I cannot file my taxes. That being said, we are looking for any type of advice you all may have. Our congressman said they cannot do anything until the USCIS website has our case behind schedule. 😔

Hi Tooseetaggie, how did you find out what office is processing your case? 

hope your husband gets his papers soon...

thanks

Timeline
3 minutes ago, beaubeast said:

Hi Tooseetaggie, how did you find out what office is processing your case? 

hope your husband gets his papers soon...

thanks

It turns out it is at the bottom of the letter the USCIS sent. We never paid attention to it. All three letters (EAD/AP/GC) all have the National Benefits Service Center.

Thanks!! Hope you guys get everything processed soon as well.

Edited by toosweetaggie

Timeline
5 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

It turns out it is at the bottom of the letter the USCIS sent. We never paid attention to it. All three letters (EAD/AP/GC) all have the National Benefits Service Center.

Thanks!! Hope you guys get everything processed soon as well.

Thank you...

Timeline
1 hour ago, beaubeast said:

Yayyyyyy we keep moving... case tracker just notified me  that my advanced parole and employment authorization were approved .... yaaaaayyyyy

December is hooooooot 

75138DCE-5FE0-484B-A721-EB43F258C6B9.jpeg

Congrats!!!!!! Well wishes went a long way. I hope we are not too far behind. ❤️

Timeline
2 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

Congrats!!!!!! Well wishes went a long way. I hope we are not too far behind. ❤️

Right?  

I'd believe so... mine felt like they froze or something...this whole process is nuts! 

uh I just realized I haven't told my husband yet. He was in classes when I got the message , lol... better tell him now. 🤪

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.